Windows 10: Windows Hello Sign In doesn't work after Windows 10 2004 version Update

Discus and support Windows Hello Sign In doesn't work after Windows 10 2004 version Update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a Dell XPS 15 9560..... I recently updated the windows version to Windows 10 2004 version. Now the FINGERPRINT READER and FACE... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Vasishtha Avadhani, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Windows Hello Sign In doesn't work after Windows 10 2004 version Update

Hi,

I am using a Dell XPS 15 9560..... I recently updated the windows version to Windows 10 2004 version. Now the FINGERPRINT READER and FACE RECOGNITION have stopped working saying that "We can't find a fingerprint scanner/camera compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".

When I try Update Driver in device manager - it sayd that the latest version is already installed...

I have tried finding drivers for the fingerprint reader, but the latest on Dell Drivers Site is of 2016 build which I had downloaded and tried too..... NO USE...

I also tried the device manager > uninstall the driver for Synaptics fingerprint reader........ DIDN'T WORK....

Also I have changed the Windows Biometric Service to Automatic..... Also did the start and stop thing....... NO USE.....

The roll back driver option isn't available in the device manager i.e. it is there but not selectable

So if there is some other idea please let me know.....

I saw that there was a GOODIX driver available on dell site a recent version...... Is it possible that the Synaptics reader is not working because they haven't updated the driver to be compatible with the new Windows 10 2004 version? That would be my best gues..... SO please update the driver ...

Cheers.

:)

Vasishtha Avadhani, Aug 26, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Hello Sign In doesn't work after Windows 10 2004 version Update [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 26, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 10 update doesn't work

Is this the only Windows 10 device u have that fails to update?

puma99dk|, Aug 26, 2020
  4. X800 Win User

Windows Hello Sign In doesn't work after Windows 10 2004 version Update

Windows 10 update doesn't work

I have tried to find on google an answer to this error (0x80070006) on windows update. But nothing is working for me *Frown Windows Hello Sign In doesn't work after Windows 10 2004 version Update :( .
    I have tried following
    Windows 10 update troubleshooter all ok.
    net stop wuauserv
    net stop bits

Then I deleted the files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
    net start wuauserv
    net start bits

I have scanned integrity of the operating system and no faults found.
    Help.....

Thema:

Windows Hello Sign In doesn't work after Windows 10 2004 version Update

1. Windows Hello Sign In doesn't work after Windows 10 2004 version Update - Similar Threads - Hello Sign doesn't

2. Microphone not working after Windows Update to Windows 10, Version 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working after Windows Update to Windows 10, Version 2004: Hello, I'm having issues with my microphone since I finally decided to perform the latest windows update a couple of days ago. Since then the Realtek High Definition Audio microphone is not working anymore, neither via the built-in laptop microphone nor with earbuds and...
  3. No sound after windows 10 update version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after windows 10 update version 2004: Did anyone experience the same issue here, which is laptop no sound at all after the latest windows 10 updates version 2004. There is an issue with the Realtek driver I think. I will just wait for October patch and update it once again? Should I skip the 2004 update and...
  4. Windows Hello on Surface Go Not Working After 2004 Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello on Surface Go Not Working After 2004 Update: Windows 10 Updated w/2004 Hello consistently not working after one or maybe two initial successes. Have tried to improve face recognition with no relief. In looking around windows and surface forums, I see that this a common and known issue. Apparently it has something to...
  5. Windows 10 Version 2004 Update: Microphone not working.

Windows 10 Version 2004 Update: Microphone not working.: So before I updated into the latest version of Windows, my microphone was working perfectly. Now, I tried all possible solutions. IE: Deleting the driver and restarting Windows, upping the levels of my mic in the sound settings, troubleshooting my audio. It's really...
  6. Taskbar Is Not Working after updating Windows 10 Version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Is Not Working after updating Windows 10 Version 2004: My taskbar is not working after I update the new windows 10 version 2004. some apps working but search bar and start button and notification icon and WIFI icon also not working when I click those icons. also, I have an update that one also not updated due to some errorSome...
  7. Windows 10 update 2004 doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 2004 doesn't work: It's been going on like this for two days. All I'm getting is a blue screen when I turn on my PC and I've tried all of the tips and none of it has worked....
  8. Audio Not Working After Windows 10 Version 2004 Update

Audio Not Working After Windows 10 Version 2004 Update: Hello My audio is still not working after the recent Winows 10 Version 2004 update. It causes the system to auto lockdown after initial booting and the audio functions are now totally lost. Please let me know what is current status to fix these bugging issues. Appreciate...
  9. my windows hello fingerprint sign in doesn't work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my windows hello fingerprint sign in doesn't work: my windows hello fingerprint sign in doesn't work when i try to sign in. when i look at it in settings it just says this option is currently unavailable, please try again latter, or something went wrong please try again latter. I also can't click add another...
  10. Keyboard doesn't work at sign-in or Windows Hello, Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard doesn't work at sign-in or Windows Hello, Windows 10: The keyboard on my HP Spectre does not work at the sign-in screen. I can work around the problem by choosing "Sign-in Options" and then choosing the Password icon - the keyboard works in that field. I have followed every piece of advice I have found in multiple threads, but...