Windows 10: windows hello sign-in options are unavailable on my laptop

Discus and support windows hello sign-in options are unavailable on my laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. My laptop is Dell new XPS with win10 pro. I can still use my fingerprint and PIN to sign in to my laptop, but I cannot change or remove them. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by huanx, Nov 24, 2021.

1. huanx Win User

windows hello sign-in options are unavailable on my laptop

Hi. My laptop is Dell new XPS with win10 pro. I can still use my fingerprint and PIN to sign in to my laptop, but I cannot change or remove them. Does anyone know what happens? How can I solve this problem?

:)

huanx, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Face and PIN on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Reset Windows Hello Biometric Database:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on OK.
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

You may want to refer the suggestions provided by EddyK
    replied on ‎03-29-2020 in the thread
    Windows sign-in options "currently unavailable"

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 24, 2021
  3. samiewell Win User
    Windows Hello - This option is currently unavailable

I used to use PIN and fingerprint to sign in to my laptop but suddenly it stopped working and I was forced to use my password. When I checked my sign-in options, it says that Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable. I have checked to make sure that
    my system is up to date. How can I get my Windows Hello options back?

samiewell, Nov 24, 2021
  4. BrentNevs Win User

All Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable

windows hello sign-in options are unavailable on my laptop fc2c6f9a-5949-4e47-98a0-d7b5d8e97f3b?upload=true.png
    I
    just purchased a ASUS Zenbook Flip S and Windows Hello worked when I set up my laptop, however right after setup, Face, Fingerprint and PIN sign-in options all say "This option is currently unavailable". I only set up PIN and Fingerprint during setup and I
    can still sign-in with them no problem, I just can't access them in settings.

BrentNevs, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

1. windows hello sign-in options are unavailable on my laptop - Similar Threads - hello sign options

2. Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable.: Hi.I want to set up a Windows Hello on my laptop, but none of the sign-in options are available. I have checked Windows for the updates it's up to date. I ran troubleshooting through "Get Help" and nothing came up. I have checked the camera access as well. I have tried to...
  3. Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable.: Hi.I want to set up a Windows Hello on my laptop, but none of the sign-in options are available. I have checked Windows for the updates it's up to date. I ran troubleshooting through "Get Help" and nothing came up. I have checked the camera access as well. I have tried to...
  4. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello: Hello, I can’t use my fingerprint or my face to sign in. I’m using this sign in option for almost 2 years and suddenly i can’t do it anymore. I went into options and saw that with windows hello the facial or fingerprints option are currently unavailable. How can i go back to...
  5. Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable: Hi there,I'd like to add a PIN to my new computer as it's just so much quicker than typing my password, but all the Windows Hello Sign-In options are greyed out and unavailable. Obviously since it said to try again later, I waited a day, but the same thing is still happening....
  6. Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable: Hi there,I'd like to add a PIN to my new computer as it's just so much quicker than typing my password, but all the Windows Hello Sign-In options are greyed out and unavailable. Obviously since it said to try again later, I waited a day, but the same thing is still happening....
  7. Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable

8. "This option is currently unavailable"-Windows Hello Sign In

"This option is currently unavailable"-Windows Hello Sign In: The options for facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, and PIN all display the same message of "This option is currently unavailable"How do I make these options available again? They all worked before but don't anymore...
  9. windows hello sign-in options are unavailable on my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello sign-in options are unavailable on my laptop: Hi. My laptop is Dell new XPS with win10 pro. I can still use my fingerprint and PIN to sign in to my laptop, but I cannot change or remove them. Does anyone know what happens? How can I solve this problem?...
  10. windows hello sign-in options are unavailable on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello sign-in options are unavailable on my laptop: Hi. My laptop is Dell new XPS with win10 pro. I can still use my fingerprint and PIN to sign in to my laptop, but I cannot change or remove them. Does anyone know what happens? How can I solve this problem?...