Windows 10: Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot

Discus and support Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I would like to ask about windows hello sign in options error. PIN, fingerprint recognition, and facial recognition is currently unavailable in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BRYAN JUNIUS WINATA, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot

Hi I would like to ask about windows hello sign in options error. PIN, fingerprint recognition, and facial recognition is currently unavailable in my device. However, I have previously added fingerprint and PIN in my device and they are still working. They just can't provide changes for pin and fingerprint. Could you help me to fix these problems? Thank you

:)

BRYAN JUNIUS WINATA, Nov 29, 2022

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Nov 29, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Face and PIN on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Reset Windows Hello Biometric Database:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on OK.
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

You may want to refer the suggestions provided by EddyK
    replied on ‎03-29-2020 in the thread
    Windows sign-in options "currently unavailable"

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 29, 2022
  4. Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot

Why is my Windows Hello not in sign-in option anymore?

Hi Enzo,

For us to provide you the possible resolution and the accurate information as to why Windows Hello doesn't work as a sign-in option on your computer anymore, answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Can you tell us if there were any changes made on your computer prior to this concern (i.e., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to sign in using Windows Hello? If you do, a screenshot will be appreciated.
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, can you enumerate all the troubleshooting steps that have you done to resolve the issue?

Looking forward to the requested information for us to effectively assist you.

Lizette Ags, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot

1. Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot - Similar Threads - Hello Sign options

2. Sign-in option with PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in option with PIN Windows Hello: I want to remove sign-in option with PIN. But the "Remove this signing option" button is inactive transparent. How to fix this and remove this option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-with-pin-windows-hello/9a92b2bd-7841-4156-b1fb-7f679e1d5e40
  3. sign in option are not available in hello windows

sign in option are not available in hello windows: sign in options are not available in hello windows my device is Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Laptop, when I try to set up windows hello the options are not available currently...
  4. Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot: Hi I would like to ask about windows hello sign in options error. PIN, fingerprint recognition, and facial recognition is currently unavailable in my device. However, I have previously added fingerprint and PIN in my device and they are still working. They just can't provide...
  5. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

Window hello fingerprint sign-in options: I can't sign in with my fingerprint sudden I found this when I go check in the setting. I had tried many ways but still can't be solve. Any pro can help me?[Move to English community by moderator]...
  6. Windows Hello Sign-in Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Sign-in Options: So, a week or two ago the fingerprint sign-in that I always use, had suddenly stopped working. I went to check on it and it had been all greyed out, claiming it's not available. And not only is the fingerprint sign-in not working, but neither is the facial recognition. These...
  7. Windows Hello Sign-in Options

Windows Hello Sign-in Options: So, a week or two ago the fingerprint sign-in that I always use, had suddenly stopped working. I went to check on it and it had been all greyed out, claiming it's not available. And not only is the fingerprint sign-in not working, but neither is the facial recognition. These...
  8. Windows Hello Sign on options not available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Sign on options not available: I want to change my windows hello pin but when I go to the sign on option settings all of the options; window hello face, fingerprint, and pin all have "this option is currently unavailable--click to learn more" underneath them and when I click to learn more it says...
  9. Windows Hello Face Sign-in Option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Sign-in Option: So I added another microsoft account and my Windows Hello Face doesn't work. It shows up as unavailable and when I turn my laptop on, it says "Something went wrong. Please sign in with your pin." Also, I can't remove it....
  10. Hello sign on option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello sign on option: The "Hello" sign in option has gone away after a windows 10 update, how do I get it working again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-sign-on-option/5399503e-1b36-4554-859c-ff1542ba0347