Windows 10: Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable

Discus and support Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there,I'd like to add a PIN to my new computer as it's just so much quicker than typing my password, but all the Windows Hello Sign-In options are... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Daniel_494, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable

Hi there,I'd like to add a PIN to my new computer as it's just so much quicker than typing my password, but all the Windows Hello Sign-In options are greyed out and unavailable. Obviously since it said to try again later, I waited a day, but the same thing is still happening. I've tried looking at other guides but they all seem to be centred around fixing the camera or fingerprint detector, and the solutions didn't work for me. How can I fix this?

:)

Daniel_494, Apr 23, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Face and PIN on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Reset Windows Hello Biometric Database:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on OK.
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

You may want to refer the suggestions provided by EddyK
    replied on ‎03-29-2020 in the thread
    Windows sign-in options "currently unavailable"

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 23, 2022
  3. Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable

My Windows Hello Face was working perfectly until recently both my Windows Hello Face and the Windows Hello PIN stopped working, so I could only use my password to sign in. I tried to set it up again in settings but it says that "This option is currently
    unavailable", and then "Something went wrong. Try again later." below that. There is a "Set Up" option but I can't click that.

I have an HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-ba0xx.

Any help would be much appreciated! Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable :)

LindaCh1013, Apr 23, 2022
  4. Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable

Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable

My Windows Hello Face was working perfectly until recently both my Windows Hello Face and the Windows Hello PIN stopped working, so I could only use my password to sign in. I tried to set it up again in settings but it says that "This option is currently
    unavailable", and then "Something went wrong. Try again later." below that. There is a "Set Up" option but I can't click that.

I have an HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-ba0xx

Windows 10 Home, version1909

Any help would be much appreciated!

Linda

LindaCh1013, Apr 23, 2022
Thema:

Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable

1. Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable - Similar Threads - Hello Sign Options

2. Windows Hello sign-in options currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello sign-in options currently unavailable: I can't set up, remove or modify my Windows Hello sign-in option. It says "this option is currently unavailable" for face recognition, fingerprint recognition and PIN. When I clic on any of these options, it says "Something went wrong. Try again later". This has been going on...
  3. Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable.: Hi.I want to set up a Windows Hello on my laptop, but none of the sign-in options are available. I have checked Windows for the updates it's up to date. I ran troubleshooting through "Get Help" and nothing came up. I have checked the camera access as well. I have tried to...
  4. Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable.

Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable.: Hi.I want to set up a Windows Hello on my laptop, but none of the sign-in options are available. I have checked Windows for the updates it's up to date. I ran troubleshooting through "Get Help" and nothing came up. I have checked the camera access as well. I have tried to...
  5. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello: Hello, I can’t use my fingerprint or my face to sign in. I’m using this sign in option for almost 2 years and suddenly i can’t do it anymore. I went into options and saw that with windows hello the facial or fingerprints option are currently unavailable. How can i go back to...
  6. Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable: Hi there,I'd like to add a PIN to my new computer as it's just so much quicker than typing my password, but all the Windows Hello Sign-In options are greyed out and unavailable. Obviously since it said to try again later, I waited a day, but the same thing is still happening....
  7. Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable

Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable: Hi there,I'd like to add a PIN to my new computer as it's just so much quicker than typing my password, but all the Windows Hello Sign-In options are greyed out and unavailable. Obviously since it said to try again later, I waited a day, but the same thing is still happening....
  8. "This option is currently unavailable"-Windows Hello Sign In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This option is currently unavailable"-Windows Hello Sign In: The options for facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, and PIN all display the same message of "This option is currently unavailable"How do I make these options available again? They all worked before but don't anymore...
  9. "This option is currently unavailable"-Windows Hello Sign In

"This option is currently unavailable"-Windows Hello Sign In: The options for facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, and PIN all display the same message of "This option is currently unavailable"How do I make these options available again? They all worked before but don't anymore...
  10. All Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    All Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable: [ATTACH]I just purchased a ASUS Zenbook Flip S and Windows Hello worked when I set up my laptop, however right after setup, Face, Fingerprint and PIN sign-in options all say "This option is currently unavailable". I only set up PIN and Fingerprint during setup and I can still...