Windows 10: Windows Hello Sign on options not available

Discus and support Windows Hello Sign on options not available in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to change my windows hello pin but when I go to the sign on option settings all of the options; window hello face, fingerprint, and pin all have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SjAbsher, Oct 5, 2020.

1. SjAbsher Win User

Windows Hello Sign on options not available

I want to change my windows hello pin but when I go to the sign on option settings all of the options; window hello face, fingerprint, and pin all have "this option is currently unavailable--click to learn more" underneath them and when I click to learn more it says "Something went wrong, try again later". I am not able to change anything and when I go to the trouble shoot setting it says there is nothing to trouble shoot. Why is this happening and how can I fix it, please help!!

:)

SjAbsher, Oct 5, 2020

2. Windows hello option is not available

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us.

Please be informed, in order to use Windows Hello you will need a compatible “depth” camera compatible device. Facial authentication will need a 3D depth camera to get it working. No existing webcams will not work. Additional features like
    finger print authentication will work with any existing fingerprint sensor devices.

In order to active this feature, you must have the right hardware and the driver is installed.

Follow the below steps to configure Windows Hello.

• Head to “Settings” and then click on “Accounts”, and next on “Sign-in options”.

• Set up a PIN code (ignore this step if you already did) by click on “Add” button. Once you have done that step, the options to set up Windows Hello will visible.

• You will see an option named “Face”, just click on “Set Up”.

• Click on “Get started”.

• Move yourself to the front of the camera and make sure your face is in the center of the frame. It will automatically register your face to the system.

• There is an improvement option in the next step to improve recognition. Use it if you wear glasses (or not). It will help to make sure you are recognized in quality.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 5, 2020
  3. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Windows Hello Sign on options not available

Face sign in is missing in windows hello

Hi Suvajit,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I suggest you to change the Sign In option and check if it helps.

To change Sign In option, follow the below steps.

• Type Setting in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Settings.

• Select Accounts.

• Select Sign In option on the left panel.

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello Sign on options not available

1. Windows Hello Sign on options not available - Similar Threads - Hello Sign options

2. sign in option are not available in hello windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign in option are not available in hello windows: sign in options are not available in hello windows my device is Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Laptop, when I try to set up windows hello the options are not available currently...
  3. sign in option are not available in hello windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in option are not available in hello windows: sign in options are not available in hello windows my device is Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Laptop, when I try to set up windows hello the options are not available currently...
  4. Windows Hello sign in options are available only to organizational accounts?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello sign in options are available only to organizational accounts?: I was trying to set up windows hello and it is grayed out, when it prompted me to log in a microsoft account, it wont take my personal account and keeps saying that only organizational accounts are allowed....
  5. Windows Hello sign in options are available only to organizational accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello sign in options are available only to organizational accounts?: I was trying to set up windows hello and it is grayed out, when it prompted me to log in a microsoft account, it wont take my personal account and keeps saying that only organizational accounts are allowed....
  6. Windows Hello sign in options are available only to organizational accounts?

7. Windows Hello Sign-in Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Sign-in Options: So, a week or two ago the fingerprint sign-in that I always use, had suddenly stopped working. I went to check on it and it had been all greyed out, claiming it's not available. And not only is the fingerprint sign-in not working, but neither is the facial recognition. These...
  8. Windows Hello Sign-in Options

Windows Hello Sign-in Options: So, a week or two ago the fingerprint sign-in that I always use, had suddenly stopped working. I went to check on it and it had been all greyed out, claiming it's not available. And not only is the fingerprint sign-in not working, but neither is the facial recognition. These...
  9. Hello sign on option

Hello sign on option: The "Hello" sign in option has gone away after a windows 10 update, how do I get it working again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-sign-on-option/5399503e-1b36-4554-859c-ff1542ba0347
  10. Windows Sign-In option not available

Windows Sign-In option not available: [ATTACH] Please have a look to the attached screenshot, why this user can't sign-in by using other options? Sign-In option is just not there and I have tried reinstalling bio-metric driver and also tried updating windows and running sfc scan and creating pin and...