Windows 10: Windows Hello "Sorry, something went wrong, please sign in with your PIN"

Discus and support Windows Hello "Sorry, something went wrong, please sign in with your PIN" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Every time I turn on my SP6 when it comes to sign me using Windows hello I get the "Sorry, something went wrong, please sign in with your PIN" If I log... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cire©, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Cire© Win User

Windows Hello "Sorry, something went wrong, please sign in with your PIN"

Every time I turn on my SP6 when it comes to sign me using Windows hello I get the "Sorry, something went wrong, please sign in with your PIN" If I log out or do a restart it works fine. Only when the SP is powered off & restarted.

So I tap the screen and now it's asking for my PIN, but if I tap Sign in options & select face recognition the camera starts up and I'm in.

Anyone have a solution for this issue or is this a MS feature that is not ready for prime time?

:)

Cire©, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows Hello and Pin sign on

Hello Adam,

There are a number of reasons why you can’t set up Windows Hello and Pin at the same time. To isolate the issue, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Are you trying to set up Windows Hello using a Microsoft or a Local account?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Hello "Sorry, something went wrong, please sign in with your PIN" - Similar Threads - Hello Sorry something

2. Sorry, something went wrong - Seting up "Windows Hello"..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorry, something went wrong - Seting up "Windows Hello"..: "Something went wrong" This is the worst message you can get. At least with a blue screen, you know your need to start at the beginning....Anyhow, As I am setting up a new computer with Windows 11, I got to the facial recognition setup Windows Hello, after trying for a while...
  3. Sorry, something went wrong - Seting up "Windows Hello"..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sorry, something went wrong - Seting up "Windows Hello"..: "Something went wrong" This is the worst message you can get. At least with a blue screen, you know your need to start at the beginning....Anyhow, As I am setting up a new computer with Windows 11, I got to the facial recognition setup Windows Hello, after trying for a while...
  4. "Sorry something went wrong. Please sign in with your PIN" issue even with correct PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Sorry something went wrong. Please sign in with your PIN" issue even with correct PIN: Hi everyone,Recently maybe after the Windows 11 update I couldn't log in with my admin account even though Windows Hello is working properly and PIN I'm entering is definitely correct. Looks like PIN was just locked.Here on the photo you can see the screen that I get. Also,...
  5. "Sorry something went wrong. Please sign in with your PIN" issue even with correct PIN

"Sorry something went wrong. Please sign in with your PIN" issue even with correct PIN: Hi everyone,Recently maybe after the Windows 11 update I couldn't log in with my admin account even though Windows Hello is working properly and PIN I'm entering is definitely correct. Looks like PIN was just locked.Here on the photo you can see the screen that I get. Also,...
  6. Hello something went wrong please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello something went wrong please help: Hello. Well i already have a question and its link herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/Windows_10-performance/i-have-a-problem-can-someone-help/92b89097-d844-4d32-b8df-8534a67c1360?page=but evertime i reply it say Oops something wrnt wrong try again and...
  7. Hello something went wrong please help

Hello something went wrong please help: Hello. Well i already have a question and its link herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/Windows_10-performance/i-have-a-problem-can-someone-help/92b89097-d844-4d32-b8df-8534a67c1360?page=but evertime i reply it say Oops something wrnt wrong try again and...
  8. Hello something went wrong please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows Hello: Sorry - Something went wrong Asking for a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello: Sorry - Something went wrong Asking for a pin: Hello, I have just recently attempted to improve my Windows Hello recognition. I also changed my windows Hello PIN. After I did this I tried to log in for better recognitions. It says Hi, dismiss the lock screen, but then asks me for the pin which does not normally occur,...
  10. Window Hello Fingerprint setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.'

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window Hello Fingerprint setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.': This happens every time I want to setup my fingerprint. The driver and Windows are up-to-date. It worked fine with my previous account but I accidentally messed up the account and I deleted it and used the Administrator account until now. How do I solve the error? Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello pin something went wrong

2. something went wrong please sign in with pin

3. sorry something went wrong. please sign in with your pin

4. windows hello something went wrong,
  5. sorry something went wrong sign in with pin,
  6. sorry something went wrong please sign in with your pin,
  7. sorry something went wrong windows hello,
  8. something went wrong use you pin to sign in,
  9. something went wrong sign in with pin,
  10. surface windows hello something went wrong,
  11. windows hello pin something went wrong 1903,