Windows 10: Windows Hello stopped working in Windows 11. Did all the Tech 101 stuff remove biometric...

Discus and support Windows Hello stopped working in Windows 11. Did all the Tech 101 stuff remove biometric... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 11, Windows Hello Facial recognition stopped working. I had to switch to PIN authentication.Patched to latest Release... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Renoz, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Renoz Win User

Windows Hello stopped working in Windows 11. Did all the Tech 101 stuff remove biometric...

After upgrading to Windows 11, Windows Hello Facial recognition stopped working. I had to switch to PIN authentication.Patched to latest Release Preview patch and still no luck.

:)

Renoz, Oct 21, 2021

2. Windows hello facial recognition has stopped working,biometrics missing.

Window Hello facial recognition has stopped working .I have tried all the advice I can find on the web to fix it ,but have managed to remove the biometrics from the device manager list. I've searched for a replacement download but couldn't find anything.
    I'm using a Surface Pro 4. Any Suggestions?

Sunny100BT, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Hello stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello face on your Surface Laptop 2. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Let us try a couple of troubleshooting steps and check:

Reset Biometric Database:

Try resetting the Windows Hello Biometric Database and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on
      Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the
      WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the
      Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

If the issue persists, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + E, to open
      File Explorer.
    2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver.
    3. You will find two files, HelloFace.inf and
      HelloFaceMigration.inf, right click on each file and select Install.
    4. Restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Windows Hello stopped working in Windows 11. Did all the Tech 101 stuff remove biometric...

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hello stopped working in Windows 11. Did all the Tech 101 stuff remove biometric...

1. Windows Hello stopped working in Windows 11. Did all the Tech 101 stuff remove biometric... - Similar Threads - Hello stopped working

2. How to get biometrics windows hello working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get biometrics windows hello working?: I have a dell latitude 5300 2 in 1 which supposedly supports windows hello and has a fingerprint scanner but my laptop says "we can't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello". and the same for face recognition. I have tried restarting in Windows Biometrics on...
  3. How to get biometrics windows hello working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get biometrics windows hello working?: I have a dell latitude 5300 2 in 1 which supposedly supports windows hello and has a fingerprint scanner but my laptop says "we can't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello". and the same for face recognition. I have tried restarting in Windows Biometrics on...
  4. How to get biometrics windows hello working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to get biometrics windows hello working?

6. Why did my biometric driver stop working after the recent update of windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my biometric driver stop working after the recent update of windows 11?: Hi I updated windows yesterday 12/08/23 and my fingerprint sensor suddenly became "non compitable" but the driver was working fine before the update, also the driver is up-to-date....
  7. Why did my biometric driver stop working after the recent update of windows 11?

Why did my biometric driver stop working after the recent update of windows 11?: Hi I updated windows yesterday 12/08/23 and my fingerprint sensor suddenly became "non compitable" but the driver was working fine before the update, also the driver is up-to-date....
  8. Windows Hello stopped working in Windows 11. Did all the Tech 101 stuff remove biometric...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello stopped working in Windows 11. Did all the Tech 101 stuff remove biometric...: After upgrading to Windows 11, Windows Hello Facial recognition stopped working. I had to switch to PIN authentication.Patched to latest Release Preview patch and still no luck....
  9. Windows hello facial recognition has stopped working,biometrics missing.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello facial recognition has stopped working,biometrics missing.: Window Hello facial recognition has stopped working .I have tried all the advice I can find on the web to fix it ,but have managed to remove the biometrics from the device manager list. I've searched for a replacement download but couldn't find anything. I'm using a Surface...
  10. Windows Hello Biometrics sporadic

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Biometrics sporadic: Windows Hello sign in using Biometrics Fingerprint scanner pre-installed with LG Gram laptop only works sporadically. Every 4-5 days, Windows Hello bypasses the Fingerprint scanner and signs in directly. Even though Windows Hello has been set up with a PIN and Fingerprints,...