Windows 10: Windows Hello stopped working - "something went wrong"

Discus and support Windows Hello stopped working - "something went wrong" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a surface pro 6 running windows 10 pro. About a week ago windows hello & windows pin stopped working. In settings, I cannot enable windows... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by winstonSmith, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Windows Hello stopped working - "something went wrong"

I have a surface pro 6 running windows 10 pro.

About a week ago windows hello & windows pin stopped working.

In settings, I cannot enable windows hello, it is greyed out, with an error saying "something went wrong. try again later"(see image below).

Ive tried:

- deleting and reinstalling the biometric device driver.

- deleting the contents of the NGC directory.

Neither have made any difference.

I think that cumulative update kb4512508 may have caused this as before that got installed, windows hello worked.

Appreciate any advice on what to try next.

Windows Hello stopped working - "something went wrong" eac1d599-18e5-4274-bcc4-da640742cab4?upload=true.jpg

I

:)

winstonSmith, Aug 30, 2019

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Windows Hello Randomly Stopped Working?

Hi Gloria,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest running the automated troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problems, and attempt to fix the issues automatically. You may refer to the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R and type Control Panel.
    2. Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on Troubleshooting.
    3. Click on Hardware and Devices.
    4. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter can't identify or fix the problem, it's possible that you might be missing the latest updates for the biometric device driver. See if an update for your device is available or see if uninstalling and reinstalling the driver resolves
    the issue.

1. Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    2. Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For biometric devices, expand the
      Biometric devices category, right click the device name, and select Update Driver.
    3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    4. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall. Restart
    your PC, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let me know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Windows Hello stopped working - "something went wrong"

windows hello stop work

Hi,

Microsoft is aware of this Windows Hello issue, kindly check if any updates are waiting for a pending restart, and if so, restart Windows.
    Our engineers are working on to resolve this Windows Hello issue the soonest time possible. We strongly recommend you continue checking Windows Update for an update to the OS.

If the issue continues to be evident, you may roll back to the previous version of your OS using the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Update & security.
    • Finally, go to Recovery to roll back to the previous OS version.

If you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Remon Ont, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello stopped working - "something went wrong"

1. Windows Hello stopped working - "something went wrong" - Similar Threads - Hello stopped working

2. Windows 10 Hello Face stopped working "something went wrong" and I can't remove it and...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Hello Face stopped working "something went wrong" and I can't remove it and...: I'm on Windows 10. Windows Hello face recognition stopped working. The error message is "something went wrong....." There were no recent updates listed that could have triggered it. When I go to sign-in options list, the Hello Face option states that a camera is not found....
  3. Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong": Windows 11 Pro - Fresh installation with all updates 10.0.22621 Build 22621HAL 10.0.2261.1413Gigabyte Z790 Auros Elite AX i7-12700KFNexiGo N930W Windows Hello CameraMouse Camera CM02 Windows Hello CameraWhen attempting to set up Windows Facial Recognition sign-in option, the...
  4. Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Hello Camera not working "Sorry, something went wrong": Windows 11 Pro - Fresh installation with all updates 10.0.22621 Build 22621HAL 10.0.2261.1413Gigabyte Z790 Auros Elite AX i7-12700KFNexiGo N930W Windows Hello CameraMouse Camera CM02 Windows Hello CameraWhen attempting to set up Windows Facial Recognition sign-in option, the...
  5. Hello something went wrong please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello something went wrong please help: Hello. Well i already have a question and its link herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/Windows_10-performance/i-have-a-problem-can-someone-help/92b89097-d844-4d32-b8df-8534a67c1360?page=but evertime i reply it say Oops something wrnt wrong try again and...
  6. Hello something went wrong please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello something went wrong please help: Hello. Well i already have a question and its link herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/Windows_10-performance/i-have-a-problem-can-someone-help/92b89097-d844-4d32-b8df-8534a67c1360?page=but evertime i reply it say Oops something wrnt wrong try again and...
  7. Hello something went wrong please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. windows hello unavailable , something went wrong

windows hello unavailable , something went wrong: i own a huawei matebook D14, ryzen 7. now the issue is that it says windows hello is currently unavailable. i bought this laptop new, and been pretty active with the updates. so my windows is at the latest version. when i create a new user, the windows hello allows me to put...
  9. Windows hello not working because something went wrong with PIN.

Windows hello not working because something went wrong with PIN.: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home on HP Omen-17 with Windows Hello Facial Recognition. I am able to set it up. But when I restart or Power down and up again, The login screen is blank. I have to put it to sleep and re-enter. When I do that, the error comes up saying...
  10. Something went wrong. Windows hello pincode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something went wrong. Windows hello pincode.: [ATTACH] Disclaimer: Not me but my sister who still live at home so due to COVID-19 info updates can be a bit slow. The dutch in the picture just says "something went wrong." Problem: when loging in she often gets the following error (translated from dutch): "Your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello something went wrong

2. windows hello pin something went wrong 1903

3. nu vot

4. windows hello something went wrong fix,
  5. windows hello face recognition setup something went wrong,
  6. fix something went wrong of windows hello,
  7. surface camera login something went wrong,
  8. windows hello fix something went wrong,
  9. fix something went wrong windows hello,
  10. windows hello something went wrong 2019,
  11. Sorry somethin went wrong close Windows Hello then try going through setup again,
  12. windows hello not working Something went wrong