Windows 10: windows hello stopped working

Discus and support windows hello stopped working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Started getting a message that windows hello couldn't find a compatible camera. The camera works fine in other apps, but just in case, in Device... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jacycle, May 2, 2020.

1. Jacycle Win User

windows hello stopped working

Started getting a message that windows hello couldn't find a compatible camera. The camera works fine in other apps, but just in case, in Device Manager, I uninstalled the camera and it reinstalled on a restart, appears in Device Manager, and works in other apps. Windows hello still can't find it.

Tired the same technique with Windows hello: In Device Manager, uninstalled the biometrics device. Then restarted, but biometrics does not reappear in Device Manager. Tried "Scan for hardware changes" which does not find the biometrics device that includes windows hello.

The latest update I've received on 4/25/20 was Cumulative Update KB4550945. I don't see anything in Microsoft's description that would have affected Windows hello or the camera.

In Windows 10 settings > accounts > sign in options, Windows hello face reports that it can't find a compatible camera and the remove option is grayed out. The Require Sign-in reports Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown, and the dialogue box is grayed out.

Suggestions?

:)

Jacycle, May 2, 2020

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, May 2, 2020
  3. Windows Hello does not work

Windows Hello Issue was solved after updating driver. But Again this driver update failed. It now shows that yellow triangle and Hello stopped working. Any suggestion?

pranavdaveind, May 2, 2020
  4. windows hello stopped working

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, May 2, 2020
Thema:

windows hello stopped working

1. windows hello stopped working - Similar Threads - hello stopped working

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint stopped working: It suddenly stopped working even when the fingerprint reader is working perfectly. It says something is wrong with our ends. When I remove the fingerprints, somehow I cannot set up and add fingerprints anymore....
  3. Windows Hello Face Stopped Working

Windows Hello Face Stopped Working: I bought the surface laptop 3 back in November and hello face was working great. Then one day in February when I open my laptop, it asked for my pin and the the hello face option was no longer listed. In the settings for Hello Face, I get a message saying "This option is...
  4. camera, windows hello stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera, windows hello stopped working: Hi, my camera app stopped working and so did windows hello. I haven't added anything new to the computer. It was working fine and out of nowhere shows this error code 0xA00F4243<CameraReservedByAnotherApp>0xC00D3704. I don't use any third-party apps for the camera so this...
  5. Windows Hello Face stopped working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello Face stopped working: After installing Windows 10 1909 Update KB4551762 and restarting my M/S Surface Book 2 the Windows Hello Face login would not work. I logged on with my PIN, went to settings/accounts to check my Hello/Face Sign In. Message advises that Windows could not find a camera...
  6. Hello stopped working

Hello stopped working: My Surface Laptop 2 can not find Microsoft Hello camera for the last few days. I run Surface Diagnostics and it found no problem. I tried uninstalling Hello from device manager as suggested from the microsoft forums but it could not find it when I restart. Now I also cannot...
  7. Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello: When I purchased a laptop, I set up Windows Hello and it was working fine. Then I deleted that user’s account and created a new one. But I cannot configure Windows Hello for this new user. I receive a message that Something went wrong: it looks like you've already setup...
  8. Windows Hello stopped working

Windows Hello stopped working: I have an ASUS Zenbook Flip and am using Windows 10 Home, version 1903 build 18362.267. My laptop is equipped with a fingerprint sensor and has ELAN SPI FingerPrint Drivers installed. Windows Hello used to work on my computer with the fingerprint sensor, I had it set up to...
  9. Windows Hello stopped working

Windows Hello stopped working: My relative bought this computer, and they have since given it to me, it is an HP ProBook 4540s, I remember them logging in with windows hello, then some Windows update happened and it never worked again, I don't remember which update caused it, or if it was the update at...
  10. Windows Hello stop working

Windows Hello stop working: Windows Hello was working fine before I reversed an update at the end of March. After some research, I found that : 1. Biometric Device was missing from device manager (as shown in pic, hidden file visible) 2. Helloface.inf is missing from the System file. 3. No biometric...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello face compatible camera stopped working