Windows 10: Windows Hello Stopped Working

Discus and support Windows Hello Stopped Working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, My windows hello functions have stopped working. Under sign-in options all options for Face, PIN, and Fingerprint are now ghosted and I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KeithBurns1, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Windows Hello Stopped Working

Hello,

My windows hello functions have stopped working. Under sign-in options all options for Face, PIN, and Fingerprint are now ghosted and I cannot clear, remove, or click on anything. I checked the TPM settings and the "Prepare the TPM" option under the "Action" tab is also ghosted.

System is up to date and stopped working with the install of the latest update I believe.

:)

KeithBurns1, Jun 23, 2020

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Windows Hello does not work

Windows Hello Issue was solved after updating driver. But Again this driver update failed. It now shows that yellow triangle and Hello stopped working. Any suggestion?

pranavdaveind, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Windows Hello Stopped Working

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello Stopped Working

1. Windows Hello Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Hello Stopped Working

2. Windows Hello stops working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello stops working.: So, we are in the process of migrating computers and users to Azure AD, all but one computer is giving grief and hopefully someone here can help. I went through the motions of adding the device to the domain without any issues, however, when I go to add the user Windows Hello...
  3. Windows Hello stops working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello stops working.: So, we are in the process of migrating computers and users to Azure AD, all but one computer is giving grief and hopefully someone here can help. I went through the motions of adding the device to the domain without any issues, however, when I go to add the user Windows Hello...
  4. Windows Hello stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello stopped working: hello, I was running a game on my laptop when both my monitors started flashing black and white squares on the screen. it then turned off and started to do some update. Now my windows hello isnt working anymore. i used to be able to login with my fingerprint/PIN as seen in...
  5. Windows Hello stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello stopped working: hello, I was running a game on my laptop when both my monitors started flashing black and white squares on the screen. it then turned off and started to do some update. Now my windows hello isnt working anymore. i used to be able to login with my fingerprint/PIN as seen in...
  6. Windows Hello stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Hello stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello stopped working: Hello, I have come to the conclusion that Windows Hello is not meant to work long term. Since I have had this laptop less than 2 years old facial recognition has stopped. I have gone through all of the fixes I can find online and tried some of the suggestions on this board....
  8. windows hello stopped working

windows hello stopped working: Started getting a message that windows hello couldn't find a compatible camera. The camera works fine in other apps, but just in case, in Device Manager, I uninstalled the camera and it reinstalled on a restart, appears in Device Manager, and works in other apps. Windows...
  9. Windows Hello stopped working

Windows Hello stopped working: My relative bought this computer, and they have since given it to me, it is an HP ProBook 4540s, I remember them logging in with windows hello, then some Windows update happened and it never worked again, I don't remember which update caused it, or if it was the update at...
  10. Windows Hello stop working

Windows Hello stop working: Windows Hello was working fine before I reversed an update at the end of March. After some research, I found that : 1. Biometric Device was missing from device manager (as shown in pic, hidden file visible) 2. Helloface.inf is missing from the System file. 3. No biometric...