Windows 10: Windows Hello Stopping Sleep Mode

Discus and support Windows Hello Stopping Sleep Mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Consultboy, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Windows Hello Stopping Sleep Mode

The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan.

I'm "assuming" this is related to Windows Hello.

Any suggestions?

If i say sleep, i want the pc to sleep!

-Thanks

:)

Consultboy, Nov 19, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Computer stopped going into sleep mode

Hello, Kiran.

My computer is up to date and I didn't change any settings prior or after the update

I tried step one, but I haven't wait the time required for the computer to go into sleep mode. I did change the 30 minute wait to 10 minutes. So, I'll wait and see what happens

Yan Carlos Cruz, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Windows Hello Stopping Sleep Mode

Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello Stopping Sleep Mode

1. Windows Hello Stopping Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Hello Stopping Sleep

2. Windows Hello & Sleep Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello & Sleep Problem: I am having two issues with my Samsung Galaxy Book 3 Pro running Windows 10.Windows Hello: Despite my device having a built-in camera, I cannot seem to get Windows Hello to work. The toggle button is missing in the settings and the error message says, "This option is...
  3. Windows Hello & Sleep Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello & Sleep Problem: I am having two issues with my Samsung Galaxy Book 3 Pro running Windows 10.Windows Hello: Despite my device having a built-in camera, I cannot seem to get Windows Hello to work. The toggle button is missing in the settings and the error message says, "This option is...
  4. Stop Turning Off Wi-fi in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Turning Off Wi-fi in Sleep Mode: It started with the update to 11. It takes minutes to get the wi-fi running again from sleep mode, nevermind how urgently I need to connect. All advice online says to find the power management tab in the device manager but there is no such tab. Fix this?...
  5. Windows sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows sleep mode: Hello, first I would like to say sorry for my English that is not so perfect.I see some issue with my windows 10 since 2/3 days already when I go to windows and On/Off options after that click to Sleep mode the Sleep mode first show a lock screen 5/10 seconds before the...
  6. Sleep mode has stopped working on Windows10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode has stopped working on Windows10: 3 weeksago I had a crash problem in the laptop product name Sony laptop SVS15136PGB. The system did not recover after an automatic restart. After that thelaptop was repaired by a professional and it was found during repairing thatthe problem was caused by a faulty disk. The...
  7. stop from going into sleep mode in 30 seconds

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stop from going into sleep mode in 30 seconds: my computer goes into lockdown mode even when i sneeze........i am the only person in my home, i do NOT want the computer to go into this mode....... have tried reget, setting time parameters.......it still does it no matter what.......
  8. Windows update shows stopping and will not stop, not allowing updates or sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update shows stopping and will not stop, not allowing updates or sleep mode: I have tried remote acces via Microsoft but was sent here as I was told that I was running an insider program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-shows-stopping-and-will-not-stop/496d67ef-9e9e-4a66-a642-4755852e5475
  9. Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode: Fan keep start and stop: Hello, I never turned off my PC, I let it fall in sleep mode. While in sleep mode, the fan start and stop every minute or two. PC could be wake up by mouse, keyboard or from external poke from Teamviewer. What can I modify to let it cool down without a fan an keep house...
  10. Touchpad stops working after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad stops working after sleep mode: After my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop wakes up from sleep mode, the touchpad doesn't work. The touchpad enable button won't work, the touchpad only functioning after I restart my laptop. I already updated my drivers and reinstalled them....