Windows 10: Windows Hello stops working after update

Discus and support Windows Hello stops working after update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've seen many discussions of this problem: where a working biometric Hello installation suddenly stops working with cryptic errors like "something... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Isadore Pfloute, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Windows Hello stops working after update

I've seen many discussions of this problem: where a working biometric Hello installation suddenly stops working with cryptic errors like "something went wrong." It just happened to me, again, on our HP notebooks. I stumbled on a solution that worked for me that I thought I'd share here in lieu of asking a question. I tried all the suggested remedies, starting with disabling and reinstalling the drivers. Those generally work. However one system refused to cure itself, and continued to require PIN entry. However, something I eventually tried, which I have not seen mentioned elsewhere, is this: reinstalling the Hello system (in C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns). There are some .inf files available there subject to reinstallation. Right-click/install. This instantly solved the remaining problem. Hope this helps somebody.

:)

Isadore Pfloute, Dec 9, 2018

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    windows hello stop work

Hi,

Microsoft is aware of this Windows Hello issue, kindly check if any updates are waiting for a pending restart, and if so, restart Windows.
    Our engineers are working on to resolve this Windows Hello issue the soonest time possible. We strongly recommend you continue checking Windows Update for an update to the OS.

If the issue continues to be evident, you may roll back to the previous version of your OS using the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Update & security.
    • Finally, go to Recovery to roll back to the previous OS version.

If you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Remon Ont, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Windows Hello stops working after update

Windows Hello Randomly Stopped Working?

Hi Gloria,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest running the automated troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problems, and attempt to fix the issues automatically. You may refer to the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R and type Control Panel.
    2. Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on Troubleshooting.
    3. Click on Hardware and Devices.
    4. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter can't identify or fix the problem, it's possible that you might be missing the latest updates for the biometric device driver. See if an update for your device is available or see if uninstalling and reinstalling the driver resolves
    the issue.

1. Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    2. Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For biometric devices, expand the
      Biometric devices category, right click the device name, and select Update Driver.
    3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    4. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall. Restart
    your PC, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let me know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows Hello stops working after update

1. Windows Hello stops working after update - Similar Threads - Hello stops working

2. Windows Hello not working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello not working after an update: Hi,After updating my windows 11 with KB5017497 Surfacebook 2, Windows hello stopped working. Is this a common issue ? how can I fix it ?The error message I get is "We couldn't activate the camera". After logging with my PIN, I checked the camera and it works fine.Thanks....
  3. Windows Hello not working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello not working after an update: Hi,After updating my windows 11 with KB5017497 Surfacebook 2, Windows hello stopped working. Is this a common issue ? how can I fix it ?The error message I get is "We couldn't activate the camera". After logging with my PIN, I checked the camera and it works fine.Thanks....
  4. Windows Hello stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello stopped working: hello, I was running a game on my laptop when both my monitors started flashing black and white squares on the screen. it then turned off and started to do some update. Now my windows hello isnt working anymore. i used to be able to login with my fingerprint/PIN as seen in...
  5. Windows Hello stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello stopped working: hello, I was running a game on my laptop when both my monitors started flashing black and white squares on the screen. it then turned off and started to do some update. Now my windows hello isnt working anymore. i used to be able to login with my fingerprint/PIN as seen in...
  6. Windows Hello stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Hello stops working after updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello stops working after updates: I am going crazy. After computer updates Windows Hello stops recognizing me. I try to get it to take a new image of me and the software is such that it doesn't scan my face. So after I pu t in my PIN I just stare at myself and nothing happens. I have reset my computer several...
  8. Windows Hello Stopped Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Stopped Working: Hello, My windows hello functions have stopped working. Under sign-in options all options for Face, PIN, and Fingerprint are now ghosted and I cannot clear, remove, or click on anything. I checked the TPM settings and the "Prepare the TPM" option under the "Action" tab is...
  9. Windows hello not working after update

Windows hello not working after update: I had recently update my laptop and the windows hello is not working. It ask me for my pin code every time. Before it use to unlock with IR camera. It is Dell inspiron 13-5378 After update it say ca it turn on camera....
  10. Windows Hello stop working

Windows Hello stop working: Windows Hello was working fine before I reversed an update at the end of March. After some research, I found that : 1. Biometric Device was missing from device manager (as shown in pic, hidden file visible) 2. Helloface.inf is missing from the System file. 3. No biometric...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello stopped working after update

2. windows hello stops working after update

3. fingerprint recognition stopped working after norton reinstallation