Windows 10: Windows Hello Troubleshooting

Discus and support Windows Hello Troubleshooting in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I keep getting the message "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown" and it's written in red. Does anyone else have this problem... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by mblackwood18, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Windows Hello Troubleshooting

I keep getting the message "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown" and it's written in red.

Does anyone else have this problem and how can I fix it?

:)

mblackwood18, Apr 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Vicky Acs Win User
    Windows hello

Hi Abdullah,

To resolve this camera issue for your Windows Hello, we suggest that you run Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on 'search' and select 'settings' and type 'Troubleshooting' and select 'Troubleshooting'
    • Click on 'Hardware and Sound' and select 'Hardware and 'Devices' and click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Windows Hello Troubleshooting

windows Hello states it isn't available on this device

Hi Tom,

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if you are able to access Windows Hello.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the bio-metric finger print reader from Device Manager and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Right click on Bio-metric finger print reader, click on
      Properties
    • Go to Drivers tab, click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

For more information refer:
    Windows Hello and privacy: FAQ

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Windows Hello feature for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello Troubleshooting

1. Windows Hello Troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Hello Troubleshooting

2. Hello dear friends, In my notebook i don't have troubleshooters on my computer with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello dear friends, In my notebook i don't have troubleshooters on my computer with...: Hello dear friends,In my notebook i don't have troubleshooters on my computer with Windows 10, how do I install them on my computer ?Regards,Kokarev SergeySerbia, Belgrad, 22.06.2023....
  3. Hello dear friends, In my notebook i don't have troubleshooters on my computer with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello dear friends, In my notebook i don't have troubleshooters on my computer with...: Hello dear friends,In my notebook i don't have troubleshooters on my computer with Windows 10, how do I install them on my computer ?Regards,Kokarev SergeySerbia, Belgrad, 22.06.2023....
  4. Hello, whenever i open the troubleshooter for update and security it shows that they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, whenever i open the troubleshooter for update and security it shows that they...: Hello, whenever i open the troubleshooter for update and security it shows that they detected an issue with the file WaaSMedicservice anyone knows how to fix it ?...
  5. Hello, whenever i open the troubleshooter for update and security it shows that they...

Hello, whenever i open the troubleshooter for update and security it shows that they...: Hello, whenever i open the troubleshooter for update and security it shows that they detected an issue with the file WaaSMedicservice anyone knows how to fix it ?...
  6. Troubleshoot Windows Hello face recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot Windows Hello face recognition: When I go into my settings, and go Privacy & security, it comes up with an account protection thing that I can click on. When I click on that, it says that actions are needed. It says that I need to set up Windows Hello for my account to work correctly. I try to set it up and...
  7. Troubleshoot Windows Hello face recognition

Troubleshoot Windows Hello face recognition: When I go into my settings, and go Privacy & security, it comes up with an account protection thing that I can click on. When I click on that, it says that actions are needed. It says that I need to set up Windows Hello for my account to work correctly. I try to set it up and...
  8. Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot: Hi I would like to ask about windows hello sign in options error. PIN, fingerprint recognition, and facial recognition is currently unavailable in my device. However, I have previously added fingerprint and PIN in my device and they are still working. They just can't provide...
  9. Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot

Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot: Hi I would like to ask about windows hello sign in options error. PIN, fingerprint recognition, and facial recognition is currently unavailable in my device. However, I have previously added fingerprint and PIN in my device and they are still working. They just can't provide...
  10. Troubleshooting SSO with Windows Hello for Business in Hybrid Environment

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Troubleshooting SSO with Windows Hello for Business in Hybrid Environment: I have been trying to figure this one out for about a week now.Background: All devices are currently Azure AD Hybrid joined and most everyone is in the building/on the internal network.I have followed this guide and WHfB is set up and working: Hybrid Certificate Trust...