Windows 10: Windows Hello unable to be removed

Discus and support Windows Hello unable to be removed in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am trying to remove Windows Hello, or at least stop it from functioning. It has stopped me from signing in many times recently as I could not set up... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DCPNS, Jan 14, 2020.

1. DCPNS Win User

Windows Hello unable to be removed

I am trying to remove Windows Hello, or at least stop it from functioning. It has stopped me from signing in many times recently as I could not set up a PIN to make it work, so it looks for my face then tells me to sign in with password, but then refuses to let me sign in with my password. This normally fixes itself in a few minutes and the sign-in screen goes to the password screen, but I want it gone as sometimes it has taken upwards of 5 or 10 minutes to revert to normal, and no amount of hitting the 'enter' key, space bar, or right or left mouse buttons does anything. I am on a Surface Pro if that helps.

I tried using the normal route of settings > account > sign in > click on each Hello setting > click remove, however THIS DOES NOT WORK. The face recognition setting, the PIN and the fingerprint sensor I can't even have fingerprint sensing on this device so I don't know why it's there anyway all have an error message by them stating that 'Something went wrong. Please try again later' permanently fixed into the box that I cannot remove, has never gone away and which blocks me from removing it the normal way - the 'remove' button is greyed out. There is no error code for me to try and look up, only that exact line of red text. I have tried getting rid of it using the control centre and have even considered delving into program files to delete it, but nothing works.

Any advice?

:)

DCPNS, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Windows hello isn't accepting my fingerprint.

Hi TouhaZohair,

Thank you for your reply.

Apologize for the delay in reply.

Method 1: Update Chipset and Biometric Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

I would suggest you to refer the computer manufacturer’ website, and install the latest chipset and biometric drivers for the device. If you do not find the drivers on website, then you can contact the Manufacturer to get the compatible
    drivers.

Method 2: Remove and Add Fingerprint Options

Step 1: Remove Windows Hello

1. Open Settings app, click
      Accounts, and then Sign in options.
    2. Under Windows Hello section, click
      Remove button
    3. Then Reboot your PC.

Step 2: Add Windows Hello

1. Open Settings app, click Accounts, and then Sign in options.
    2. Under Windows Hello section, click Add button
    3. Sign-out and sign-in to the
      Microsoft Account

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Hello unable to be removed - Similar Threads - Hello unable removed

2. Windows hello pin - unable to reset or remove.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello pin - unable to reset or remove.: Hello,I am trying to login to the xbox app on my windows 10 PRO OS Build: 19045.2965 PC and after entering my account and password the login redirects me to enter a pin. As far as i can remember i never setup a pin so was not able to enter it, i tried following directions...
  3. Windows hello pin - unable to reset or remove.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello pin - unable to reset or remove.: Hello,I am trying to login to the xbox app on my windows 10 PRO OS Build: 19045.2965 PC and after entering my account and password the login redirects me to enter a pin. As far as i can remember i never setup a pin so was not able to enter it, i tried following directions...
  4. Windows hello pin - unable to reset or remove.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. unable to change or remove windows Hello PIN

unable to change or remove windows Hello PIN: I am currently facing an issue where I am locked out of adding new accounts into the Microsoft store because of Hello pin. I can't change the hello pin because the Windows account is made with a dead mail.ru email made by my father that he has forgotten the password to. I am...
  6. unable to change or remove windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change or remove windows Hello PIN: I am currently facing an issue where I am locked out of adding new accounts into the Microsoft store because of Hello pin. I can't change the hello pin because the Windows account is made with a dead mail.ru email made by my father that he has forgotten the password to. I am...
  7. unable to change or remove windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to reset or remove the Windows Hello PIN

Unable to reset or remove the Windows Hello PIN: Hello,I was trying to download an app from the Microsoft Store, and it always asked me to log in. And when I logged in, it asked me for a PIN code which I don't remember. So, I followed the instruction under "I forgot my PIN code" it then directed me to the setting > accounts...
  9. REMOVAL OF WINDOWS HELLO

REMOVAL OF WINDOWS HELLO: How do I remove windows hello from my toshiba satellite laptop when there is NO remove button to click on, it is not gray it is just nothing there to click on?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removal-of-windows-hello/ce1d2cbf-4d78-4d34-9847-7491a78ef7eb
  10. REMOVE WINDOWS HELLO!!!!

REMOVE WINDOWS HELLO!!!!: I hate windows hello and need it removed from my computer, here is the previous post that still does not have an update:...