Windows 10: windows hello unavailable , something went wrong

Discus and support windows hello unavailable , something went wrong in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i own a huawei matebook D14, ryzen 7. now the issue is that it says windows hello is currently unavailable. i bought this laptop new, and been pretty... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Geenydol, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Geenydol Win User

windows hello unavailable , something went wrong

i own a huawei matebook D14, ryzen 7. now the issue is that it says windows hello is currently unavailable. i bought this laptop new, and been pretty active with the updates. so my windows is at the latest version. when i create a new user, the windows hello allows me to put fingerprints, but after some time it disappears too. now i wanna update my fingerprint, pls help

windows hello unavailable , something went wrong 83cfdd27-30e2-4b9b-996b-4fa05ca81b42?upload=true.jpg

:)

Geenydol, Apr 3, 2021
  2. loftus49 Win User

Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Face and PIN on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Reset Windows Hello Biometric Database:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on OK.
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

You may want to refer the suggestions provided by EddyK
    replied on ‎03-29-2020 in the thread
    Windows sign-in options "currently unavailable"

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 3, 2021
  4. windows hello unavailable , something went wrong

Windows Hello - This Option is currently unavailable.

Hi Experts,

Yesterday we have bought two brand new HP Envy 13 AQ1013DX and as per our normal procedure installed Windows 10 Pro 2004 and Joined Domain and everything installed and configured as per our requirement.

When I am trying to set up Windows Hello (Fingerprint, Face, and PIN) all these options come with error

"This option is currently unavailable - Click to learn more"

windows hello unavailable , something went wrong e8e6933e-02e5-4c84-bdf8-6590d7428eca?upload=true.jpg

I do some research and try to troubleshoot the issue with given opinions on the internet but still, the problem is not resolved and stuck with same issue.

I have tried these steps

Update Windows Update

Update All Drivers

All Steps in mention in this link (Fix: Windows Hello Fingerprint Option Currently Unavailable in Windows 10)

All Steps in mention in this link (https://dannyda.com/2020/01/14/how-...olicy-registry-command-prompt-cmd/#section2.3)

Reset Windows 10 and reinstalled Windows 10 1903 with updated Drivers

All Steps mention in this link(Windows Hello isn’t Available on this Device [Fixed] | Device Tricks)

All Steps mention in this link(In this guide, SoftwareKeep Experts have prepared a few solutions that might help you to solve Windows Hello Not Working After Windows 10 Update. Let's get started.)

All Steps mention in this link(https://www.microsoftpartnercommuni...t-Discussions/Windows-10-1903-Hello/m-p/12014)

I have already updated the domain GPO so that Windows Hello for Business has use biometrics turned on and use windows hello for business is turned on. The Logon policy also has the convenience pin turned on as well.

Reboot Biometric services after each step

Now i am feeling stuck and helpless.

Osama Mansoor, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

windows hello unavailable , something went wrong

1. windows hello unavailable , something went wrong - Similar Threads - hello unavailable something

2. Window Hello This option is currently unavailable "Something went wrong. Try again later."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Hello This option is currently unavailable "Something went wrong. Try again later.": When i was trying to configure my sign-in options, i found out all the sign-in options for windows hello are displaying "This option is currently unavailable". It also said "Something went wrong. Try again later" after i opened up the details for facial recognition,...
  3. Window Hello This option is currently unavailable "Something went wrong. Try again later."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Hello This option is currently unavailable "Something went wrong. Try again later.": When i was trying to configure my sign-in options, i found out all the sign-in options for windows hello are displaying "This option is currently unavailable". It also said "Something went wrong. Try again later" after i opened up the details for facial recognition,...
  4. Hello something went wrong please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello something went wrong please help: Hello. Well i already have a question and its link herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/Windows_10-performance/i-have-a-problem-can-someone-help/92b89097-d844-4d32-b8df-8534a67c1360?page=but evertime i reply it say Oops something wrnt wrong try again and...
  5. Hello something went wrong please help

Hello something went wrong please help: Hello. Well i already have a question and its link herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/Windows_10-performance/i-have-a-problem-can-someone-help/92b89097-d844-4d32-b8df-8534a67c1360?page=but evertime i reply it say Oops something wrnt wrong try again and...
  6. Hello something went wrong please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. 0x80090016 - something went wrong and your PIN is unavailable

0x80090016 - something went wrong and your PIN is unavailable: I keep getting this error message when trying to sign on to my Outlook account I have never used a PIN, have never set it and cannot find a way to reset it, HELP please...
  8. “something went wrong and your pin is unavailable”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “something went wrong and your pin is unavailable”: i got that when i booted up my pc,i signed in with my password instead and removed the pin,then restarted my computer then added a new one.seemed to have fixed it but what caused this? submitted by /u/Lord_Chanka_69 [link] [comments]...
  9. Something went wrong. Windows hello pincode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something went wrong. Windows hello pincode.: [ATTACH] Disclaimer: Not me but my sister who still live at home so due to COVID-19 info updates can be a bit slow. The dutch in the picture just says "something went wrong." Problem: when loging in she often gets the following error (translated from dutch): "Your...
  10. Windows Hello stopped working - "something went wrong"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello stopped working - "something went wrong": I have a surface pro 6 running windows 10 pro. About a week ago windows hello & windows pin stopped working. In settings, I cannot enable windows hello, it is greyed out, with an error saying "something went wrong. try again later"(see image below). Ive tried: - deleting...