Windows 10: Windows Hello update made fingerprint sign in option disappeared and messed up several drivers

Discus and support Windows Hello update made fingerprint sign in option disappeared and messed up several drivers in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Please skip load new drivers because I doubt dozens of companies didn't bother to update their drivers for Windows latest update failure. Update also... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by f1y0nwa11, Feb 21, 2021.

1. f1y0nwa11 Win User

Windows Hello update made fingerprint sign in option disappeared and messed up several drivers

Please skip load new drivers because I doubt dozens of companies didn't bother to update their drivers for Windows latest update failure.

Update also messed up my Bluetooth and iPhone drivers.

:)

f1y0nwa11, Feb 21, 2021

2. Windows Hello fingerprint disappears after each update

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

Windows Hello is a more personal, more secure way to get instant access to your Windows 10 devices using fingerprint, face, or eye recognition. Most PCs with fingerprint readers are ready to use Windows Hello now, and more devices that can recognize
    your face and iris are coming soon.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website, as corrupted drivers might be the cause of the issue.

I would suggest you to refer the Wiki article by Andre Da Costa on
    install the drivers.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the steps below and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.

• Click on Accounts.

• Go to Sign in options.

• The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.
    For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Try to navigate as mentioned below and check if you're able to setup the Windows Hello.

* Click Start

* Select Settings and navigate to Accounts /> Sing-In options /> Windows Hello

* Check whether you're able to make changes to the setting and setup Windows Hello there.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

Windows Hello update made fingerprint sign in option disappeared and messed up several drivers fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Windows Hello update made fingerprint sign in option disappeared and messed up several drivers

Windows hello isn't accepting my fingerprint.

Hi TouhaZohair,

Thank you for your reply.

Apologize for the delay in reply.

Method 1: Update Chipset and Biometric Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

I would suggest you to refer the computer manufacturer’ website, and install the latest chipset and biometric drivers for the device. If you do not find the drivers on website, then you can contact the Manufacturer to get the compatible
    drivers.

Method 2: Remove and Add Fingerprint Options

Step 1: Remove Windows Hello

1. Open Settings app, click
      Accounts, and then Sign in options.
    2. Under Windows Hello section, click
      Remove button
    3. Then Reboot your PC.

Step 2: Add Windows Hello

1. Open Settings app, click Accounts, and then Sign in options.
    2. Under Windows Hello section, click Add button
    3. Sign-out and sign-in to the
      Microsoft Account

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Hello update made fingerprint sign in option disappeared and messed up several drivers - Similar Threads - Hello update made

2. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello: Hello, I can’t use my fingerprint or my face to sign in. I’m using this sign in option for almost 2 years and suddenly i can’t do it anymore. I went into options and saw that with windows hello the facial or fingerprints option are currently unavailable. How can i go back to...
  3. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello: Hello, I can’t use my fingerprint or my face to sign in. I’m using this sign in option for almost 2 years and suddenly i can’t do it anymore. I went into options and saw that with windows hello the facial or fingerprints option are currently unavailable. How can i go back to...
  4. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window hello fingerprint sign-in options: I can't sign in with my fingerprint sudden I found this when I go check in the setting. I had tried many ways but still can't be solve. Any pro can help me?[Move to English community by moderator]...
  5. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window hello fingerprint sign-in options: I can't sign in with my fingerprint sudden I found this when I go check in the setting. I had tried many ways but still can't be solve. Any pro can help me?[Move to English community by moderator]...
  6. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared

Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared: One day, I reset my fingerprint on my lenovo thinkbook 14s iwl and when I later checked, the option for signing in with a fingerprint was gone. The fingerprint option has completely disappeared on my laptop like it never existed. How can I fix this?...
  8. Windows Hello update made fingerprint sign option disappeared and messed up several drivers

Windows Hello update made fingerprint sign option disappeared and messed up several drivers: Please skip load new drivers because I doubt dozens of companies didn't bother to update their drivers for Windows latest update failure. Update also messed up my Bluetooth and iPhone drivers....
  9. Windows Hello (fingerprint) sign-in option disappears after every reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello (fingerprint) sign-in option disappears after every reboot: So I can still use my fingerprint reader, the driver says it is working fine. I can set up a fingerprint, lock Windows, and use it perfectly. But every time I reboot Windows, it's gone. There is no option to use the scanner, only PIN or password. I have to set it up again...
  10. Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...: I have a 3 month old ASUS Q525U Ntebook PC that came with fingerprint pad within the touchpad area and that is how I have been signing in consistently...until suddenly prompted with PIN or Password sign-in option and fingerprint not an option. This happened once before...