Windows 10: Windows Hello - wait longer for camera to start

Discus and support Windows Hello - wait longer for camera to start in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an issue with Hello where it seems that Windows doesn't wait quite long enough for the camera to start before timing out and reverting to PIN... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ColinBurchall, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Windows Hello - wait longer for camera to start

I have an issue with Hello where it seems that Windows doesn't wait quite long enough for the camera to start before timing out and reverting to PIN login after sleep.

Details:

Desktop PC with Intel 8th gen i5, Intel USB 3.1 controller, Intel RealSense F200 camera, Windows 10 Home 1803

Issue:

When PC wakes from sleep, it takes several seconds for the camera to initialise and turn on. When the camera does turn on, Windows has already stopped waiting for it and prompts to login with PIN. However, on selecting Hello again at the login prompt the camera starts immediately and Hello works correctly.

This issue has persisted through 2 different PCs (first being a 2nd gen i5 with Etron USB 3.0 controller which did not meet the system requirements for the Intel F200 camera, so I put this issue down to that), and several iterations of Windows 10 over around 3 years.

My question is, can I increase the time that Windows waits for the camera to initialise after waking from sleep? If so, how? Alternatively, is it possible to force Windows to retry initialising the camera one or more times before reverting to alternative login methods?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

:)

ColinBurchall, Jun 29, 2019

2. Windows Hello cannot "open" the built-in Intel RealSese SR300 camera in my HP Pavilion 27

Good day,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right-click on Start menu.
    • Go to Device Manager.
    • Under System devices, right-click on Microsoft IR camera front and choose
      Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Choose Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Choose Microsoft IR camera front.
    • Click on Next and let the driver install.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Once done, repeat the said steps but this time choose Camera Windows Hello under
      System devices.

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Almighty1 Win User
    Windows Camera app no longer works

On my ASUS G74SX-3DE Notebook, Windows Camera no longer works after the app update(s) recently.

It would start up with:

Windows Hello - wait longer for camera to start [​IMG]

I have no idea who makes the camera for the device and ASUS doesn't provide Windows 10 drivers except the camera works fine with other apps.

Windows installs a driver with the device listed as:
    USB2.0 UVC 1M WebCam
    in device manager with driver version 10.0.10240.16384 and the date

USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&MI_00
    USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&REV_0725&MI_00

is the device ID's

Almighty1, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Windows Hello - wait longer for camera to start

windows hello cannot detect camera

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest checking for driver updates for your camera and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager on Start/Cortana.
    • Click on Imaging devices.
    • Right click Integrated Camera or the name of your camera.
    • Select Update Software or Properties >
      Driver
      Update Driver.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello - wait longer for camera to start

1. Windows Hello - wait longer for camera to start - Similar Threads - Hello wait longer

2. Windows Hello Camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Camera: Hi. So I updated my windows last night. One of those periodic windows updateI’m not sure which one but I could check. Afterwards I haven’t been able to use my windows facial recognition to sign in. On the Lock Screen I get the “getting ready” option and then nothing happens....
  3. Windows Hello Camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Camera: Hi. So I updated my windows last night. One of those periodic windows updateI’m not sure which one but I could check. Afterwards I haven’t been able to use my windows facial recognition to sign in. On the Lock Screen I get the “getting ready” option and then nothing happens....
  4. Windows Hello Camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. windows hello camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows hello camera: cannot find compatible camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-camera/af04c1eb-0da2-4585-8fdc-605f53e76c07
  6. Windows Hello can no longer find a compatible camera

Windows Hello can no longer find a compatible camera: Hi there Windows Hello can no longer find a compatible camera even though I've had no software/hardware updates - it was during the day when I came back to the computer after a break. Have checked settings and no clue as to why it's not available and no options to remove...
  7. Hello camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello camera: Microsoft created the facial recognition program hello So far so good But they forgot to deliver the hardware for it The cameras they sell are not compatible with hello You must use a camera from another brand.... I think that's stupid So come on microsoft show your...
  8. It takes long for my camera to start in Windows Hello

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    It takes long for my camera to start in Windows Hello: I have an issue with Windows Hello because my camera is slowing down the initiating process. In other words, when my computer wakes up, it takes a while for a camera to start. The computer stops waiting for the camera and asks me to type in PIN. But I select Hello again and...
  9. Windows Hello no longer working

Windows Hello no longer working: Few weeks ago Windows Hello suddenly stopped working after an update. Lock screen just says, "Sorry, something went wrong. Please enter PIN." When I check the settings in Windows Hello it says "This option is currently unavailable.." "We couldn't find a camera compatible...
  10. windows hello camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows hello camera: Hi after an update my windows hello cannot start the camera to sign in I must use a pin. Any answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-hello-camera/ab48a021-e9c4-4407-808f-e971d2dc364c"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Make Windows Hello for camera wait long