Windows 10: Windows Hello when logging into domain account

Discus and support Windows Hello when logging into domain account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have the option to use Windows Hello for facial rec or fingerprint on a local pc account but I don't have the option to use it on a domain account. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Blair Johnston, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Windows Hello when logging into domain account

I have the option to use Windows Hello for facial rec or fingerprint on a local pc account but I don't have the option to use it on a domain account. I get the message that the option is unavailable. I have already run the gpedit settings and regedit to enable everything. Windows Hello when logging into domain account d4c57fad-c0cc-4810-bf93-5a0d6dbd4d71?upload=true.png

:)

Blair Johnston, Oct 29, 2020

2. Windows Hello With Domain Account

Hello,

I would like to sign into my PC with Windows Hello using my laptop's fingerprint sensor. However, I sign into Windows using a domain account, not a local or Microsoft account. Apparently, Windows Hello is not enabled by default for domain accounts. I am
    curious as to how I can enable it. Should I check the Group Policy on my Domain Controller? If so, where would I find it in Group Policy? I have already tried enabling "Enable PIN sign-on" in Group Policy, but that did not work. My laptop is running Windows
    10 1909 and my DC is running Windows Server 2012 R2.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jonathan Heitz, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Unable to use Windows Hello on Domain account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to setup Windows Hello for a Domain account on Surface Pro 4. I appreciate your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to refer the article
    Configure Windows Hello for Business Policy settings
    and see if that helps.

However, as the issue is happening on domain environment, I would suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , where we have expertise and support professionals well equipped with the knowledge on setting Windows Hello on a Domain environment.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 29, 2020
  4. brycez28 Win User

Windows Hello when logging into domain account

Domain admin account as built-in admin account

I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open Edge. It says "This app can't open. Microsoft Edge can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again."

How do I get the local "Administrator" account to be the Built-in administrator account?

The list of user accounts are:
    admin (local admin account I made in Win 7)
    Administrator (I assume local administrator account that is automatically created)
    administrator.AESSEINVLTD (domain admin account I am logged in with)
    Default.migrated
    Public.

brycez28, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello when logging into domain account

1. Windows Hello when logging into domain account - Similar Threads - Hello logging domain

2. Windows Hello Unavailable for Domain Managed Account but working for local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Unavailable for Domain Managed Account but working for local account: My new company-owned laptop does not have the option to sign in using Windows Hello -- Fingerprint, Pin and Facial Recognition are all unavailable. Error Messages say: "This option is currently unavailable" "Something went wrong. Try again later". Note: I don't want/need...
  3. Windows Hello Unavailable for Domain Managed Account but working for local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Unavailable for Domain Managed Account but working for local account: My new company-owned laptop does not have the option to sign in using Windows Hello -- Fingerprint, Pin and Facial Recognition are all unavailable. Error Messages say: "This option is currently unavailable" "Something went wrong. Try again later". Note: I don't want/need...
  4. Windows Domain Account ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Domain Account ?: Hi, Ive purchased a laptop from eBay but to be safe I decided to put a fresh windows on it, I completely wiped the only drive (C) and it goes through setup etc then presents me with a company logon! If I restart setup and dont connect to a network then its ok and windows is...
  5. Laptop unable to log into domain account via wifi "domain isn't available"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop unable to log into domain account via wifi "domain isn't available": While using ethernet, I was able to join the laptop to my domain, but when I try logging in with wifi, it doesn't work. It sounds like this could be a group policy issue, but I'm not the one who set it all up. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction on where...
  6. Windows Hello With Domain Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello With Domain Account: Hello, I would like to sign into my PC with Windows Hello using my laptop's fingerprint sensor. However, I sign into Windows using a domain account, not a local or Microsoft account. Apparently, Windows Hello is not enabled by default for domain accounts. I am curious as to...
  7. Unable to use Windows Hello on Domain account

Unable to use Windows Hello on Domain account: Windows Hello not working under domain account. I have tried the guide below but no luck. Kindly share if any solution available for this issue. https://www.surfacetablethelp.com/2018/04/cannot-enable-windows-hello-on-domain-joined-pc-with-windows-10-1709.html OS: Windows...
  8. Surface Pro 4 - Windows Hello not working for Domain Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 4 - Windows Hello not working for Domain Account: Windows Hello not working under domain account. I have tried the guide below but no luck. Kindly share if any solution available for this issue. https://www.surfacetablethelp.com/2018/04/cannot-enable-windows-hello-on-domain-joined-pc-with-windows-10-1709.html OS: Windows...
  9. Problems when logging in to Surface with Windows Hello?

Problems when logging in to Surface with Windows Hello?: The fingerprint reader on Microsoft's modern keyboard with fingerprint identifier does not work properly; apparently, it does not recognize my fingerprints. Thanks in advance for the help....
  10. Windows hello logged in when I was not in view of the camera.

Windows hello logged in when I was not in view of the camera.: This is a seemingly small error but I believe it could be used as a way to login to someone's device. Before, I was in camera view and I was about 2 feet away, so it didn't log is, as I was too far. I moved to go get something, moving myself 100% out of the camera's view,...