Windows 10: Windows Hello won't let me change my username

Discus and support Windows Hello won't let me change my username in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Support Team or whoever it may concern, As a computer owner, I decided I wanted to use Windows Hello for its built-in computer sensor.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Matthew Hinchy, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Windows Hello won't let me change my username

Dear Microsoft Support Team or whoever it may concern,

As a computer owner, I decided I wanted to use Windows Hello for its built-in computer sensor. Aside from that, I don't want my real name to show up as my username for safety reasons. The only way I can use the fingerprint sensor is if I activate Windows Hello. Is there a way I can customize my username and use the fingerprint sensor at the same time without changing my Microsoft Account Identity?

Hoping for an answer,

Matthew Hinchy

:)

Matthew Hinchy, Mar 1, 2020

2. Username change caused serious problems

Hello NavyLCDR,
    Thanks for your post - I was afraid of a HDD failure too... but it seems so strange on an eight-day-old
    laptop than has not been mistreated. Not impossible, of course.

Anyway, now we have managed to re-install Windows 10, we will watch out for further issues, and should things continue going wrong, the shop has agreed to take the laptop back within the next three weeks, although they are now out of stock, and my daughter really likes it. Maybe it will be OK, though.

Hello dalchina,
    OK, thanks for the warning!
    My daughter is just preparing to create a new disk image. She was getting quite paranoid, so she created another Username and User Account, and thus won´t use the old disk-image anyway.

The Username change that triggered this whole issue was done following Microsoft´s indications using
    netplwiz. It was the single user/administrator name - there are no further users on the laptop.
    My other daughter suggested that the Username change caused this Win10 confusion, but there shouldn´t really be any HDD trouble caused.
    We shall see...

Cheers,
    Van

Van Allen Belt, Mar 1, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

Windows Hello won't let me change my username [​IMG]

zbook, Mar 1, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Windows Hello won't let me change my username

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello won't let me change my username

1. Windows Hello won't let me change my username - Similar Threads - Hello won't let

2. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  3. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  4. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password: Im unable to sign in because of this issue. It says "The User's password must be changed before signing in" but the problem is that I didnt have any passwords before, this is the first logging in after downloading Windows on this computer so I left "Password" field empty and...
  5. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password: Im unable to sign in because of this issue. It says "The User's password must be changed before signing in" but the problem is that I didnt have any passwords before, this is the first logging in after downloading Windows on this computer so I left "Password" field empty and...
  6. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Hello won't let me use a form of sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello won't let me use a form of sign-in: One day randomly, my pin just stopped working and I tried to create a new one. It then said "set up Windows Hello." When I clicked to setup it showed a loading screen and then it disappeared with no changes or solutions. I did everything asked in the troubleshoot section,...
  8. Windows won't let me change the language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't let me change the language: So i added romanian as a language bc i needed the keyboard layout and windows changed the system language to romanian despite it being at the bottom and won't let me change it back to english and it says "will be the display language after the next connection" (translated...
  9. Won't let me change my product key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Won't let me change my product key: My computer previously had an illegitimate version of windows 10 but it caused to many problems, so I purchased an actual version, but when I go to activate windows with my new product key, it won't work and gives me the error code 0xc004f050. Idk what to do....
  10. Windows 10 Won't Let me Change My Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Won't Let me Change My Password: I can't change my log in password to Win10. I keep getting a message "Something went wrong. Try again or select Cancel to set up device later." What could go wrong? It's a simple password change. Should be Cut & Dry. Anyone have suggestions? I've been dealing with this...