Windows 10: Windows Hello won't register that I entered in the new password. How do I reset my PIN?

Discus and support Windows Hello won't register that I entered in the new password. How do I reset my PIN? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This is so much more complicated than it needs to be, but here goes: I want to set up fingerprint reading on Windows 10. However, in order to do so,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Abelhawk_2, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Windows Hello won't register that I entered in the new password. How do I reset my PIN?

This is so much more complicated than it needs to be, but here goes:

I want to set up fingerprint reading on Windows 10. However, in order to do so, I need to enter my PIN.

I forgot my PIN, but in order to reset my PIN, I need to enter my PIN. How am I supposed to do that?

I found another way to reset my PIN, by doing so in the sign-in screen when the computer loads up. However, when I attempt to do so, it says "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with with Windows Hello."

I do sign in once with my new password, and it logs in. I log back out, then try to reset my PIN, and it just says the same thing. I have signed into the device once with my new password. Why can't I sign in with Windows Hello?

:)

Abelhawk_2, Dec 17, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Windows Hello - PIN Loop

Thank you for the information you have provided. Since you have created a PIN before, we are going to reset your Windows 10 PIN. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options
    • Click on I forgot my PIN.
    • You'll get a warning that you'll need to log in from scratch to access games, social networking, and more. Click on
      Continue.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password and then set up the new PIN.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Windows Hello won't register that I entered in the new password. How do I reset my PIN?

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows Hello won't register that I entered in the new password. How do I reset my PIN?

1. Windows Hello won't register that I entered in the new password. How do I reset my PIN? - Similar Threads - Hello won't register

2. How do I reset my Windows Hello PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my Windows Hello PIN?: I've started using my laptop after a few years of not really using it and realised it's still tied to an old email I held when I was a young teenager and I don't remember any of the details for. I'm trying to connect my new email account to the laptop but it's asking me to...
  3. How do I reset my Windows Hello PIN?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I reset my Windows Hello PIN?: I've started using my laptop after a few years of not really using it and realised it's still tied to an old email I held when I was a young teenager and I don't remember any of the details for. I'm trying to connect my new email account to the laptop but it's asking me to...
  4. How do I reset my Windows Hello PIN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I reset my PIN without using Windows Hello?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my PIN without using Windows Hello?: I've been trying to reset my PIN but the only option to reset is using Windows Hello. Whenever I try to set up Windows Hello, it comes up with an error message at the end stating I may not have access to the internet or VPN. If this is truly the case, I don't see how I'm...
  6. How do I reset my PIN without using Windows Hello?

How do I reset my PIN without using Windows Hello?: I've been trying to reset my PIN but the only option to reset is using Windows Hello. Whenever I try to set up Windows Hello, it comes up with an error message at the end stating I may not have access to the internet or VPN. If this is truly the case, I don't see how I'm...
  7. How do I reset my PIN without using Windows Hello?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. How do I enter this password? I entered all my passwords and they are all incorrect!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enter this password? I entered all my passwords and they are all incorrect!: What do I need to log in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enter-this-password-i-entered-all-my/9886db10-65be-4976-99e9-33dbaa6fa45e
  9. How do I enter this password? I entered all my passwords and they are all incorrect!

How do I enter this password? I entered all my passwords and they are all incorrect!: What do I need to log in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enter-this-password-i-entered-all-my/9886db10-65be-4976-99e9-33dbaa6fa45e
  10. How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN?: So Im currently having an issue with my computer regarding a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, and im trying to get into backup/restore my drive. The problem is that I never setup a password but instead PIN. How do I fix this?...