Windows 10: Windows Hello wont scan my face

Discus and support Windows Hello wont scan my face in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi I have windows 10 pro version 1903 and biometrics and IR camera are all enabled. I go to the setup hello page and I press get started, the camera... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RS_0000, Aug 8, 2019.

1. RS_0000 Win User

Windows Hello wont scan my face

Hi
    I have windows 10 pro version 1903 and biometrics and IR camera are all enabled. I go to the setup hello page and I press get started, the camera turns on, I can see my face on the screen but its not scanning. Its just sitting there looking at me. Eventually I have to cancel.

:)

RS_0000, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Windows Hello wont scan my face [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Biometric Facial Recognition – Windows Hello - Microsoft

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Windows Hello wont scan my face

windows hello face problem...

i have a webcam intergrated on my machine
    biometrics service running...

windows hello face gives me this message:
    you do not have a camera on this device to use for windows hello face

any ideas?

Steven Campoli, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello wont scan my face

1. Windows Hello wont scan my face - Similar Threads - Hello wont scan

2. Windows Hello Face does not recognize my face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face does not recognize my face: Spec: Dell Inspiron 15 7000Win 10As the title says, Hello Face does not recognize me. I updated the drivers, deleted my face profile and installed it again. When I try to login it says Couldn't recognize you...
  3. Windows Hello Face does not recognize my face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face does not recognize my face: Spec: Dell Inspiron 15 7000Win 10As the title says, Hello Face does not recognize me. I updated the drivers, deleted my face profile and installed it again. When I try to login it says Couldn't recognize you...
  4. Windows Hello Face Scan Loads into another Windows Hello Face Scan

Windows Hello Face Scan Loads into another Windows Hello Face Scan: Hello, I am on a Windows 10 machine that is up to date fully.I have a client whose Windows Hello doesn't sign him in. It'll welcome him to the machine, we'll unlock the screen and it will immediately load into another lock screen.We've set up his face scan 3-4 times now...
  5. Windows Hello Face Scan Loads into another Windows Hello Face Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face Scan Loads into another Windows Hello Face Scan: Hello, I am on a Windows 10 machine that is up to date fully.I have a client whose Windows Hello doesn't sign him in. It'll welcome him to the machine, we'll unlock the screen and it will immediately load into another lock screen.We've set up his face scan 3-4 times now...
  6. Windows Hello Face Scan Loads into another Windows Hello Face Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. why wont windows hello face recognition work with my camera?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why wont windows hello face recognition work with my camera?: i recently got a Lenovo ThinkPad that HAS a camera and a fingerprint sensor. The fingerprint works fine but when i try to set up face ID, it displays the message "we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face". Im not mad or anything, just confused. I have a...
  8. why wont windows hello face recognition work with my camera?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why wont windows hello face recognition work with my camera?: i recently got a Lenovo ThinkPad that HAS a camera and a fingerprint sensor. The fingerprint works fine but when i try to set up face ID, it displays the message "we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face". Im not mad or anything, just confused. I have a...
  9. My window Hello Face

My window Hello Face: I setting up my surface go and I set up my Window Face and Pin however now everything is saying Something went wrong. Try again later https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-window-hello-face/24d1fa22-41cc-4d31-b89f-e6f8cc5d2092
  10. Windows Hello Face Scanning Software NOT Secure

Windows Hello Face Scanning Software NOT Secure: I am using a Windows surface pro 4. The default login method is using the Windows Hello face unlock. However the same is NOT secure as me AND my son are both able to log in using the face unlock software even though only my face is registered....