Windows 10: Windows hello Xbox one Kinect something went wrong

Discus and support Windows hello Xbox one Kinect something went wrong in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Right i am completely stuck and need help please, I have an Xbox One connect set up on my Windows 10 PC running windows hello. I am using official... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by C4pta1nSn0w, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Windows hello Xbox one Kinect something went wrong

Right i am completely stuck and need help please, I have an Xbox One connect set up on my Windows 10 PC running windows hello. I am using official microsft kinect with usb link. If i lock my pc i can log back in with windows hello. If i shutdown my pc and start it up then i get the error “sorry, somthing went wrong” restarting my pc also doesnt work i have looked at possible fixes, one that says go to device manager and go to the biometric devices properties and dissable the power thing, well when i right click in that section and go to properties there is no option for power managment. ���

:)

C4pta1nSn0w, Jun 11, 2020

2. windows kinect

Hi Ruja,

To answer your query, Kinect for Windows is only programmed to work on Windows computers. Xbox consoles like Xbox One and Xbox 360 can use Xbox Kinect specifically programmed for each of them.

For more information about Kinect for Windows and Xbox Kinect, you can refer to the links below:

Regards.

Loraine Mon, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Louis Win User
    Windows Hello no longer working with my Kinect

I've setup Driver Flighting to receive the beta drivers that let my Kinect support Windows Hello, but I don't get the option to enable it in Sign-in Options.

These are the instructions I followed: Use your Xbox One Kinect to sign in with Windows Hello; How do I configure my PC to receive test distribution drivers?

It used to work before when I was on the fast-track builds, but those broke my Windows and I'm back on Build 10586.104.

Still, I've setup everything properly but can't get it to work.

Here's my registry:
    Windows hello Xbox one Kinect something went wrong sFrpA.png

And here's the drivers failing to update:

Windows hello Xbox one Kinect something went wrong U1gpw.png

I've enabled Developer mode in Settings > For Developers.

Any idea how I can get my Kinect to sign me in with my face again?

Louis, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Zouplna Win User

Windows hello Xbox one Kinect something went wrong

Kinect v1 for windows hello

Hi I've got windows 10 and I want use Xbox 360 kinect v1 for windows hello. It's possible? I've got installed it and I can use it as microphone and Webcam.

Zouplna, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows hello Xbox one Kinect something went wrong

1. Windows hello Xbox one Kinect something went wrong - Similar Threads - hello Xbox Kinect

2. Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  3. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  4. Hello something went wrong please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello something went wrong please help: Hello. Well i already have a question and its link herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/Windows_10-performance/i-have-a-problem-can-someone-help/92b89097-d844-4d32-b8df-8534a67c1360?page=but evertime i reply it say Oops something wrnt wrong try again and...
  5. Hello something went wrong please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello something went wrong please help: Hello. Well i already have a question and its link herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/Windows_10-performance/i-have-a-problem-can-someone-help/92b89097-d844-4d32-b8df-8534a67c1360?page=but evertime i reply it say Oops something wrnt wrong try again and...
  6. Hello something went wrong please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  8. windows hello unavailable , something went wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello unavailable , something went wrong: i own a huawei matebook D14, ryzen 7. now the issue is that it says windows hello is currently unavailable. i bought this laptop new, and been pretty active with the updates. so my windows is at the latest version. when i create a new user, the windows hello allows me to put...
  9. Something went wrong. Windows hello pincode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something went wrong. Windows hello pincode.: [ATTACH] Disclaimer: Not me but my sister who still live at home so due to COVID-19 info updates can be a bit slow. The dutch in the picture just says "something went wrong." Problem: when loging in she often gets the following error (translated from dutch): "Your...
  10. Windows Hello stopped working - "something went wrong"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello stopped working - "something went wrong": I have a surface pro 6 running windows 10 pro. About a week ago windows hello & windows pin stopped working. In settings, I cannot enable windows hello, it is greyed out, with an error saying "something went wrong. try again later"(see image below). Ive tried: - deleting...