Windows 10: Windows help agents told me to do things that made my computer no longer start!

Discus and support Windows help agents told me to do things that made my computer no longer start! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I contacted windows live agents to solve a stoeags problem, and they told me to do the command chkdsk /r c: and I restarted, then the check started and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BasilAmazing, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Windows help agents told me to do things that made my computer no longer start!

I contacted windows live agents to solve a stoeags problem, and they told me to do the command chkdsk /r c: and I restarted, then the check started and went until 26% and it stopped, for 2 hours it didn't move from 26%, so I had no choice than turning it off and restarting, after the restart, it asked me to run disk check again or press any key to stop it, but I wanted it because I thought it is important, so I waited and then the same problem at 26%, restart agian and a problem showed up, now I get the blue screen of death then it restarts to a screen that has two options: 1- Troubleshoot

2- Turn off your PC...

I hit troubleshoot and then advanced options then startup repair, it asked for password I type it in but no success, I headed to microsoft from my phone and changed password, tried again but it said incorrect password! I tried all other advanced options but they all need a sign in.

Now I'm stuck outside my PC and it's my family PC, so it just got destroyed because of agents acting like it's their first time hearing about windows! I need a solution! I hope I can find someone more useful than those live chat agents -_-

:)

BasilAmazing, Jan 15, 2019
  2. skytrails Win User

desktop agent tray error message in windows 10

I tried the following suggestion. When I got to step 4, the list provided no checkmarks to uncheck and the icon for Desktop Agent Tray was a checkmark in a yellow circle. nothing happened when I clicked on the yellow circle with the checkmark. the title
    on the list was Desktop Agent Tray(2) Clicking on the title opened a title beneath the Desktop Agent Tray (2) which did not have the (2)

the publisher of both titles was CenturyLink Inc and the status for the entry with the (2) was enabled and the status of the other entry was blank. Changing the status to disabled did nothing. the Start up impact was listed as high. There was another
    entry under the two Desktop Agent Tray titles There was an icon then Dw20 with a high start up impact. No where was there a place to uncheck or delete. So far the box which lists the error disappears and there seems to be no problem. I just wonder why
    it is there,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

skytrails, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge can no longer be found on my computer..?

I was told today at Willows Center, Edge can be found on my apps, no longer there. I was told it cannot be deleted!

Help!!!!!!

Patricia Mauch, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Windows help agents told me to do things that made my computer no longer start!

computer freezes on start up

Hi,

I am trying to fix a computer and would appreciate any suggestions of help.

I start the computer, it loads, gets to the windows screen, the blue segmented line goes across a couple of times then the whole thing freezes in that spot, the blue line stops moving and that's as far as it gets.

Things I tried:
    F8 - safe mode
    - last known good configuration
    - Start Windows normally
    - (etc)
    When I tried these it just came back to the F8 screen.

Pushing 'R' didn't do anything (I was told this could make a repair) o.0 ??

Tried to boot up from an operating system disk by changing the boot up menu (delete) and this didn't work either. All it did was get to the windows screen and the blue line moved across a couple of times and it froze again in that spot.. exactly the same as when I try to start it.

I am clueless now as to how to get this computer working. Any ideas?

Kymberly_S, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows help agents told me to do things that made my computer no longer start!

1. Windows help agents told me to do things that made my computer no longer start! - Similar Threads - help agents told

2. Please help me there is very important thing to do in it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me there is very important thing to do in it: I am stuck in windows update window it is showing don't turn off your computer it is very slow and stuck on 30% it happened when I open my laptop my laptop is Lenovo G50 with Intel core i3...
  3. Please help me there is very important thing to do in it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me there is very important thing to do in it: I am stuck in windows update window it is showing don't turn off your computer it is very slow and stuck on 30% it happened when I open my laptop my laptop is Lenovo G50 with Intel core i3...
  4. Please help me there is very important thing to do in it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how do I get to talk to a microsoft agent who can help me with my account. I no longer have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get to talk to a microsoft agent who can help me with my account. I no longer have...: I reccently purchased a new laptop. I can not access my microsoft account, because I have forgotten my password and the email registered to the account does not exixt any longer....
  6. how do I get to talk to a microsoft agent who can help me with my account. I no longer have...

how do I get to talk to a microsoft agent who can help me with my account. I no longer have...: I reccently purchased a new laptop. I can not access my microsoft account, because I have forgotten my password and the email registered to the account does not exixt any longer....
  7. My PC started doing weird things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC started doing weird things: I was done using my computer and I was about to shut it down, but before I shut it down I checked my task manager for any weird perfomance behaviors because I heard my fans spinning fast and I saw my CPU was at 40% usage with 4GHz for no reason on idle. I didn't give it much...
  8. My PC started doing weird things

My PC started doing weird things: I was done using my computer and I was about to shut it down, but before I shut it down I checked my task manager for any weird perfomance behaviors because I heard my fans spinning fast and I saw my CPU was at 40% usage with 4GHz for no reason on idle. I didn't give it much...
  9. the other computer in our network can no longer send things to me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the other computer in our network can no longer send things to me: We have a home network. Since the latest update, the other computer can't network to mine. How do we fix this? We've looked at all the settings we can think of and still can't get his computer to connect to mine. I can send things his way still. We'd really appreciate...
  10. A Microsoft support agent made my laptop completely unsuable, and I'm told I have to pay...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A Microsoft support agent made my laptop completely unsuable, and I'm told I have to pay...: Backstory: Since the infamous October update, I had been getting random freeze ups on my machine that required me to hard reset because nothing was responding. I spoke to seven different Microsoft help agents to try to help me with this issue, and am now instead stuck with a...