Windows 10: Windows hibernate even when hibernate is disabled in power options

Discus and support Windows hibernate even when hibernate is disabled in power options in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, 2004 Control Panel -> Power Options, Hibernate is unchecked and there is no menu entry for it However, the machine does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by redhonker, Nov 18, 2020.

1. redhonker Win User

Windows hibernate even when hibernate is disabled in power options

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, 2004

Control Panel -> Power Options, Hibernate is unchecked and there is no menu entry for it

However, the machine does enter hibernate mode after sleeping for some time. This does not happen 100% of time but frequent enough.

C:\hiberfil.sys is also present

What setting is controling this?

Thanks

:)

redhonker, Nov 18, 2020

2. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 18, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Windows hibernate even when hibernate is disabled in power options

Cannot disable Hibernate

Hi,

This issue likely occurs if there are some settings on your computer that are affecting the power usage.
    It's also possible that hibernation is already turned off when you run the command for the second time that's why you're getting the error. To troubleshoot your hibernation issue, we suggest resetting all default power plans to its default settings.
    Here's how:

• Run Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and press Enter.
    • Restart your device to apply the changes.

Afterwards, you can try to disable hibernation again then check if the issue persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows hibernate even when hibernate is disabled in power options

1. Windows hibernate even when hibernate is disabled in power options - Similar Threads - hibernate hibernate disabled

2. why hibernate option disabled by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why hibernate option disabled by default: Hi Team,I would like to know why hibernate option is disabled by default in windows 10 & 11. Earlier it used to be enabled before win 7. Is there any negative impact of enabling it?...
  3. why hibernate option disabled by default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why hibernate option disabled by default: Hi Team,I would like to know why hibernate option is disabled by default in windows 10 & 11. Earlier it used to be enabled before win 7. Is there any negative impact of enabling it?...
  4. Laptop Hibernates automatically, even on AC power.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Hibernates automatically, even on AC power.: My system hibernates even when on AC power.Even log shows following:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 11/16/2021 6:04:37 PM Event ID: 524 Task Category: 223 Level: Information Keywords: 1024,4 User: SYSTEM Computer: kha333n Description: Critical...
  5. Laptop Hibernates automatically, even on AC power.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Hibernates automatically, even on AC power.: My system hibernates even when on AC power.Even log shows following:Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 11/16/2021 6:04:37 PM Event ID: 524 Task Category: 223 Level: Information Keywords: 1024,4 User: SYSTEM Computer: kha333n Description: Critical...
  6. Laptop Hibernates automatically, even on AC power.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Hibernate power option not showing

Hibernate power option not showing: Hi,Certain power options, including hibernate, aren't showing in power options. I've reinstalled my GPU driver GTX 1660 Super but nothing changed. If it helps in answering the question, there's also an unknown device showing in device manager....
  8. No Hibernate option

No Hibernate option: Hi after update my surface pro,My laptop cannot use the hibernate more.Two methods I have tried but fail:1. go to the control panel and enter the additional power setting to click the hibernate no hibernate option 2. go to com command prompt by entering powercfg -g on ; the...
  9. No hibernate option

No hibernate option: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, because support for 7 had ended. Now I can't get my desktop computer to hibernate. I went into Settings, and chose the option to hibernate by pressing the power button. No luck - that just powers down the computer. I suppose I could...
  10. windows 10, Power options, hibernate

windows 10, Power options, hibernate: Using Windows 10 on desktop computer, how to put computer in hibernate vs sleep mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-power-options-hibernate/44f4e8e3-1eac-4dcd-a36f-0395c53ef99e