Windows 10: windows hibernates automatically after statring from hibernate

Discus and support windows hibernates automatically after statring from hibernate in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; when I cover my laptop screen it sleeps automatically and turn on hibernate automatically during some hours if I didn't use laptop till now its good,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AhmedKhedr19, Apr 24, 2020.

1. windows hibernates automatically after statring from hibernate

when I cover my laptop screen it sleeps automatically and turn on hibernate automatically during some hours if I didn't use laptop till now its good, but after I turn it on again and the windowsopen it hibernate automatically after several seconds or 1 minute and I have to turn it on again

I just using win 10 pro 64 since 2 weeks

Dell Inspiron n5110

ram 8 GB

processor core i5 2450M

Intel HD graphics 3000 + Nvidia GeForce GT 525 M

:)

AhmedKhedr19, Apr 24, 2020

2. Desktop Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate Icons

I discovered some time ago a simple means of adding two desktop icons to cover Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate. I now use these icons all the time as it avoids using the Start procedure, which I never use at all unless I wish to Restart immediately after shutdown. Even then, I tend to use my desktop icons. Just close the browser, click the desktop icon and it is done.

On your desktop, right click the free space, then click new shortcut, you get a Wizard, copy/paste the command for the location type from one of the below commands (in this case, %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState ). Then click Next. You are asked to give it a title - Standby, Hibernate or Shutdown, I suggest using "Standby/Hibernate", click Finish.

Shutdown: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s
    Reboot: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -r
    Logoff: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -l
    Standby: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
    Hibernate: %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate
    I have listed Hibernate for reference only, as the Hibernate desktop icon does not work for systems reasons, Hibernate can only be achieved by manually using the Power Options properties panel.

Use CNTRL+C to copy and CNTRL+V to paste.

Hibernate is automatic if the Hibernate box is checked in the Power Options properties panel. If the box is not checked, then Standby is automatic. You have to select this box to give you the option you want.

Standby is more convenient if you are using the PC constantly, it is a quicker recovery, but has a power trickle. For long periods of absence, use Hibernate, it is much slower in recovering, but effectively shuts your computer down.

The Power options panel is found by Control Panel>Power Options>Hibernate.

The two desktop icons created can be changed by Right clicking the icon then Properties>Change icon>Browse>Windows 32>shell32dll>select icon>OK>Apply>OK
    You now have two brand new icons on your desktop for Shutdown and Standby/Hibernate. It works a treat.

My icons are :-

windows hibernates automatically after statring from hibernate Desktopicons-1.png

Bald Eagle, Apr 24, 2020
  3. hibernating windows 10

Hi Henry,

We appreciate your time and effort to get back to us.

I suggest you to enable the Hibernate option from power settings and check if you are able to access the Hibernate in power options. Follow the below steps.

Please try the steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted)

• Check the Hibernate box.

• Click on Save changes.

• Restart the computer.

• Check if you are able to see the Hibernate option in power options
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 24, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

windows hibernates automatically after statring from hibernate

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

windows hibernates automatically after statring from hibernate

1. windows hibernates automatically after statring from hibernate - Similar Threads - hibernates automatically statring

2. How to set Windows 11 to hibernate automatically hibernate after

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set Windows 11 to hibernate automatically hibernate after: Just to be clear, Windows has two low-power modes:Sleep - All non-essential activities and drivers are stopped and the processor goes into power-conservation modeHibernate - The current system state is stored to hard drive, and the system powers offSleep is enabled OOTB and...
  3. How to set Windows 11 to hibernate automatically hibernate after

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set Windows 11 to hibernate automatically hibernate after: Just to be clear, Windows has two low-power modes:Sleep - All non-essential activities and drivers are stopped and the processor goes into power-conservation modeHibernate - The current system state is stored to hard drive, and the system powers offSleep is enabled OOTB and...
  4. PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation: My PC is running on a a fresh clean installation of windows 10 with all the latest updates applied. Whenever I put the PC to hibernation and resume, everything functions as expected all the applications are working and no errors are shown for for a few seconds and then just...
  5. PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation

PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation: My PC is running on a a fresh clean installation of windows 10 with all the latest updates applied. Whenever I put the PC to hibernation and resume, everything functions as expected all the applications are working and no errors are shown for for a few seconds and then just...
  6. PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Auto Hibernate Or Hibernate after is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Hibernate Or Hibernate after is missing: Hi,I just recently upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. In Windows 10, we had a feature in advanced power settings under sleep called "hibernate after" where we could set the system to hibernate after the specified time, just like the sleep timer. That feature is missing in...
  8. Auto Hibernate Or Hibernate after is missing

Auto Hibernate Or Hibernate after is missing: Hi,I just recently upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. In Windows 10, we had a feature in advanced power settings under sleep called "hibernate after" where we could set the system to hibernate after the specified time, just like the sleep timer. That feature is missing in...
  9. Computer resumes automatically from hibernation!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer resumes automatically from hibernation!!: Hello Guys, I've Configured my Desktop Server to accept WOL packets, Every thing works fine and it wakes from shutdown with no problems over lan. Ok my main problem is that if i tried to hibernate the machine , th machine turns off and after 2 seconds it resumes...
  10. After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.

in Windows 10 Support
    After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.: Have an issue that I have not encountered before. After the machine resumes from hibernation, it starts to hibernate again right at the log on screen. Then I have to wake it again and it seems ok. Any ideas what setting can be the reason for this? 83740