Windows 10: Windows Hides My Old Data

Discus and support Windows Hides My Old Data in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; IS hiding your Desktop app icons from Windows 7 along with pictures a hidden feature in 10? I have installed Windows 10 Pro thru my upgrade and all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sparker781, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Windows Hides My Old Data

IS hiding your Desktop app icons from Windows 7 along with pictures a hidden feature in 10? I have installed Windows 10 Pro thru my upgrade and all of my Desktop app icons and pictures/videos were all hidden. I just went into folder options and unhid everything. Wasn't sure if this was normal behavior after an upgrade?

Thanks

:)

sparker781, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Vlasto77 Win User

Microsoft driver update for HID Non-User Input Data Filter

Hello,

I am using wireless keyboard "Microsoft Optical Desktop 2000". After windows update "Microsoft driver update for HID Non-User Input Data Filter" is installed, my keyboard stops to work correctly. Standard keys works, but special keys like volume control,
    calculator, Web/Home, ... doesn't work at all. There is an exclamation mark in device manager next to "HID Non-User Input Data Filter" and detail says that software for this device was blocked (Code 48).

This is a pretty old error, that I had already on Windows 7/8. Previously I dealt with it by rollback driver changes, and hide this concrete update in windows update. But now I am running Windows 10, and I cannot hide this updates. After each windows update,
    it is installed again and my keyboard stops to work correctly again.

Any idea how to deal with this?

Thanks,

Vlasto

Vlasto77, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Changing Username Folder Name in Windows 10...

Having inherited my wife's old laptop which has Windows 10 I set out to change the User name. I followed through as instructed -including the Registry hack and rename - and everything seemed to work; and still does. However I noted although my new User
    name folder was now showing and operative, there was also a legacy of the old User name containing just an App Data folder. It was telling that although App Data is hidden by default, the old folder did not respond to hide. Unlike under the new User name
    where App Data files are hidden and can be made to show.

I conclude the Old user name folder is -to all intent and purpose - redundant but it will not permit me to delete or even rename telling me the files are in use in another folder and should be closed before trying again. I have been unable to do this in
    Normal or Safe mode.

My question is can I achieve it by logging in as a temporary user (with administrative permission) or is there a better method and am I right in concluding the old User folder is inoperative/redundant and can be deleted; remembering my new user name is up
    and running.

Thank you

Noodles229, Aug 1, 2015
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Windows Hides My Old Data

For the my Windows 8.1 Prof upgrade to Windows 10 Prof on two different machines, the Windows 8.1 Desktop icons were not migrated to the new Desktop! I simply copied the desktop icons I wanted from windows.old folder.

But for Windows 7 Home/SP1 migration to Windows 10, it copies the desktop icons from Windows 7 desktop over correctly.

Just a simple observation!

snoopy51, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Windows Hides My Old Data

1. Windows Hides My Old Data - Similar Threads - Hides Old Data

2. Want save my old pc hdd data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want save my old pc hdd data: I have intel core duo cpu . I want upgrade to i5 11thgen . My old pc hardware won't turn on .but i need my photos and videos in my new pc. But my hdd has windows in it, can i put it in new pc and install new window in my hdd and have my data back...
  3. Want save my old pc hdd data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want save my old pc hdd data: I have intel core duo cpu . I want upgrade to i5 11thgen . My old pc hardware won't turn on .but i need my photos and videos in my new pc. But my hdd has windows in it, can i put it in new pc and install new window in my hdd and have my data back...
  4. Want save my old pc hdd data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Getting old Windows user data back?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Getting old Windows user data back?: I bought a new PC and installed my old records. I have NOT transferred the disk with my old Windows data and want to transfer the data. But I don't have the authorization and I can't do that. How can I get my data back? I can access individual data, but I have a lot of...
  6. Dodgy Windows updates removing/hiding data

Dodgy Windows updates removing/hiding data: How do you stop the Windows 10 updates? The last one removed all my data and gave me a black screen. It didn't recognise my sign in or password. It is trying to update again, and I'm terrified it will do the same thing. I had to pay to have the last one removed to regain my...
  7. About my old data in hdd

About my old data in hdd: Hello I recently upgraded my device to ssd from hdd and I have installed fresh windows in new ssd and I cant access my old user data in hdd when ever I try to open it just keep loading so what should I do now...
  8. Update deleting/hiding data/files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update deleting/hiding data/files.: My PC has just completed a fairly lengthy update operation and now I have no settings or files. Initially I was informed that I'd been signed into a temporary profile, but then I looked and was on correct profile but needed to authenticate. I then re-booted. OneDrive is now...
  9. loss my old data

loss my old data: iam chang my os but loss my old data how to get my old drives data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-my-old-data/455f1956-14d7-4b4a-a8a9-52085e802b32
  10. Finding user data on old HD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Finding user data on old HD: Old XP computer is dead. Purchased enclosure for the hard drive. Connected to my laptop running Windows 10. HD is recognized, but I can't find my user files, such as documents and photos. Any ideas? Thanks. 105799