Windows 10: Windows Hides My Old Data

Discus and support Windows Hides My Old Data in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; IS hiding your Desktop app icons from Windows 7 along with pictures a hidden feature in 10? I have installed Windows 10 Pro thru my upgrade and all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sparker781, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Windows Hides My Old Data

IS hiding your Desktop app icons from Windows 7 along with pictures a hidden feature in 10? I have installed Windows 10 Pro thru my upgrade and all of my Desktop app icons and pictures/videos were all hidden. I just went into folder options and unhid everything. Wasn't sure if this was normal behavior after an upgrade?

Thanks

:)

sparker781, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Vlasto77 Win User

Microsoft driver update for HID Non-User Input Data Filter

Hello,

I am using wireless keyboard "Microsoft Optical Desktop 2000". After windows update "Microsoft driver update for HID Non-User Input Data Filter" is installed, my keyboard stops to work correctly. Standard keys works, but special keys like volume control,
    calculator, Web/Home, ... doesn't work at all. There is an exclamation mark in device manager next to "HID Non-User Input Data Filter" and detail says that software for this device was blocked (Code 48).

This is a pretty old error, that I had already on Windows 7/8. Previously I dealt with it by rollback driver changes, and hide this concrete update in windows update. But now I am running Windows 10, and I cannot hide this updates. After each windows update,
    it is installed again and my keyboard stops to work correctly again.

Any idea how to deal with this?

Thanks,

Vlasto

Vlasto77, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Changing Username Folder Name in Windows 10...

Having inherited my wife's old laptop which has Windows 10 I set out to change the User name. I followed through as instructed -including the Registry hack and rename - and everything seemed to work; and still does. However I noted although my new User
    name folder was now showing and operative, there was also a legacy of the old User name containing just an App Data folder. It was telling that although App Data is hidden by default, the old folder did not respond to hide. Unlike under the new User name
    where App Data files are hidden and can be made to show.

I conclude the Old user name folder is -to all intent and purpose - redundant but it will not permit me to delete or even rename telling me the files are in use in another folder and should be closed before trying again. I have been unable to do this in
    Normal or Safe mode.

My question is can I achieve it by logging in as a temporary user (with administrative permission) or is there a better method and am I right in concluding the old User folder is inoperative/redundant and can be deleted; remembering my new user name is up
    and running.

Thank you

Noodles229, Aug 1, 2015
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Windows Hides My Old Data

For the my Windows 8.1 Prof upgrade to Windows 10 Prof on two different machines, the Windows 8.1 Desktop icons were not migrated to the new Desktop! I simply copied the desktop icons I wanted from windows.old folder.

But for Windows 7 Home/SP1 migration to Windows 10, it copies the desktop icons from Windows 7 desktop over correctly.

Just a simple observation!

snoopy51, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Windows Hides My Old Data

1. Windows Hides My Old Data - Similar Threads - Hides Old Data

2. Access to data from Old domain profiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to data from Old domain profiles: Hi guys, I need some advise. We recently moved from one domain to another after our company was bought. so after joining a new domain, I'm unable to access the old data that was in the user account that belongs to the old domain, When I go to users folder under C drive, old...
  3. Old PC to New PC data transfer

Old PC to New PC data transfer: Purchased new desktop and need help with identifying best way to transfer my data from the old PC to the new PC, I have about 600 GB to move. Many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-pc-to-new-pc-data-transfer/775ca607-298c-4f3b-adb1-cad8d7e4c5a6"
  4. Back to my old windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Back to my old windows: My PC had Windows 7 installed and I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was free, but it has given me many problems. I want to go back to 7, can I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-to-my-old-windows/6eedd3f3-dd04-4fca-ba74-1713dd227a90"
  5. I am trying to access my nasbox "\\NASBOX\Jim-data\old data disk\Jim Data" and get the...

I am trying to access my nasbox "\\NASBOX\Jim-data\old data disk\Jim Data" and get the...: Trying to crease a new folder here..... \\NASBOX\Jim-data\old data disk\Jim Data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-access-my-nasbox-nasboxjim-dataold/c8670c59-7bb1-4e7b-96fe-81b89e27fbbe"
  6. how to remove old network data

how to remove old network data: I have several old Ethernet Networks listed on my Pc. They do not show in Network and Sharing centre, but show up as a record in "View your network properties". They are old connections and I want to remove the record of them as I wont ever reconnect to them. Is there a...
  7. how to remove old network data

how to remove old network data: I have several old Ethernet Networks listed on my Pc. They do not show in Network and Sharing centre, but show up as a record in "View your network properties". They are old connections and I want to remove the record of them as I wont ever reconnect to them. Is there a...
  8. Where are my fonts hiding?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are my fonts hiding?: I recently bought a brand new Windows 10 computer from Microsoft, I activated my previously owned license for Office 365 through the Microsoft Store, and started using Word 2016 (seemingly without any problems). I then tried to use another program (Gimp2) and noticed I...
  9. Finding user data on old HD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Finding user data on old HD: Old XP computer is dead. Purchased enclosure for the hard drive. Connected to my laptop running Windows 10. HD is recognized, but I can't find my user files, such as documents and photos. Any ideas? Thanks. 105799
  10. Windows 10 Installation- old windows data in secondary drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 Installation- old windows data in secondary drive: Hi, I am using Windows10 but because of some reason I've to reinstall it gain. My system has two drives. Unfortunately, I forget to unplug my secondary drive that's 500GB and has 2 partitions (D & E). When I completed the Windows, I got 2 options (1. Windows 10 Vol 1...