Windows 10: Windows highlights every selection when clicking on an option in any menu and I can't...

Discus and support Windows highlights every selection when clicking on an option in any menu and I can't... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this question but I cannot for the life of me figure out what's going on. I'm not sure if it's my mouse, PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RDrewD2_, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Windows highlights every selection when clicking on an option in any menu and I can't...

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this question but I cannot for the life of me figure out what's going on. I'm not sure if it's my mouse, PC, windows 10, or something else. I'm trying my best to describe the issue but please let me know if I can provide anymore information.

So for example - if I right click an item on my taskbar, it will bring up the menu (Chrome shows Most visited, unpin from taskbar, etc). However, each of those options will highlight over and over again, almost as if I'm holding down an arrow key and it iterates over and over until I click off of the menu. I'll run into this issue a lot using the Xbox overlay (Win+G, not the companion app although it does the same there) where I'll right click to invite someone to party and it'll just iterate through all the options over and over and sometimes won't even let me select what I want from the menu. I'm just wondering if anyone has any clues as to what could be causing this.

I've unplugged my mouse and keyboard, I've restarted my PC (sometimes helps but only temporarily), and I've run troubleshoot and nothing has helped. Any tips are appreciated!

submitted by /u/RDrewD2_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RDrewD2_, Jan 16, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. damtachoa Win User
    4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Shane Win User

Windows highlights every selection when clicking on an option in any menu and I can't...

Shane, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows highlights every selection when clicking on an option in any menu and I can't...

1. Windows highlights every selection when clicking on an option in any menu and I can't... - Similar Threads - highlights every selection

2. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  3. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  4. Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2: Hello I'm having this exact problem posted hereRight click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option Using dark mode, the highlight shows up correctly,but using custom with light mode or custom mode with light for apps gives you a highlight that is...
  5. Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2: Hello I'm having this exact problem posted hereRight click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option Using dark mode, the highlight shows up correctly,but using custom with light mode or custom mode with light for apps gives you a highlight that is...
  6. Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Right click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option

Right click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option: Hi,When I right click on the desktop and the menu appears, if I hover over any of the options, it doesn't highlight that option. It will slightly highlight the text itself when hovering but the not the whole option itself. It use to look like the first image, it would have...
  8. when I click on settings, nothing comes up, can't click on any of the options listed

when I click on settings, nothing comes up, can't click on any of the options listed: setting display is blank except for options on left hand of screen but am unable to click on any of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-click-on-settings-nothing-comes-up-cant/13794c95-915b-468a-a7e9-e301b1150702
  9. right click menu highlight color

right click menu highlight color: Hi, I noticed something. The right click menu highlight color changes depending on the file type (or folder). Here is an example using default theme [img] Highlight color and text color changes depending on the file type (jpg, exe, zip, etc) and if a folder is...
  10. I can't click on any applications on the menu bar

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't click on any applications on the menu bar: I need help I can't access the menu or anything. I can't click and if I hover my mouse over the menu bar a spinning circle comes up! Help me 64689