Windows 10: Windows Home (free) installed but I want to activate Pro

Discus and support Windows Home (free) installed but I want to activate Pro in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys, yesterday I was building my pc and at the end uninstalled windows, but as I didnt have a product key yet, I got the free version... however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yokerkey, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Windows Home (free) installed but I want to activate Pro

Hello guys, yesterday I was building my pc and at the end uninstalled windows, but as I didnt have a product key yet, I got the free version... however I accidentally installed the free windows home version instead of the free windows pro version... is it possible for me to just buy and use a windows pro product key so that it automatically updated my edition to windows pro?

submitted by /u/Yokerkey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Yokerkey, Sep 27, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 27, 2020
  3. tigger Win User
    Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

I was considering buying a WMC pro add on for my windows 8.1 pro install, but have googled and found some people had trouble activating it. Has anyone on here got any experience with this.

As to my install, I have a real Windows 8 pro key. So I installed windows 8 pro using a MSDN retail .iso which was activated soon as it finished installing , then I updated to .1 pro.

When you buy the WMC add on, it changes your key, I have read some people have had trouble activating it, now mine activates from windows, I hate doing the phone activation crap, so I don't want to have to do that after the WMC add on finishes installing.

The question is, what happens to my windows 8 pro key, is it still usable? and how would i go about if I had to reinstall? would it have to be-

Install win 8 pro-update to 8.1-install WMC add on, or could i use a windows 8.1 pro with WMC disc?

Thanks guys

Tigger

tigger, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Windows Home (free) installed but I want to activate Pro

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Home (free) installed but I want to activate Pro

1. Windows Home (free) installed but I want to activate Pro - Similar Threads - Home free installed

2. I want free Micros ft Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want free Micros ft Windows 11 Pro: I like Win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-free-micros-ft-windows-11-pro/974b9267-b8e6-4fe1-a3e1-02bd39a01c83
  3. I want free Micros ft Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want free Micros ft Windows 11 Pro: I like Win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-free-micros-ft-windows-11-pro/974b9267-b8e6-4fe1-a3e1-02bd39a01c83
  4. Upgraded to Pro from Home for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to Pro from Home for free?: Hi, I was recently curious about upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro, so I checked via the Microsoft Store. There was a button that said "Upgrade now" or something, which I clicked, and after an update procedure/restart, it now appears that my edition of Windows 10 has been...
  5. Upgraded to Pro from Home for free?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded to Pro from Home for free?: Hi, I was recently curious about upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro, so I checked via the Microsoft Store. There was a button that said "Upgrade now" or something, which I clicked, and after an update procedure/restart, it now appears that my edition of Windows 10 has been...
  6. Windows is not activating - How to install Home over Pro?

Windows is not activating - How to install Home over Pro?: I have a Lenovo Legion with Windows 10, recently installed to version 20H2. A few days ago it wouldn't load the operating system and I had to do a clean reinstall with the help of a local computer repair guy. Now it's running fine, no technical issues or anything. But in...
  7. Can I upgrade from Home to Pro for free?

Can I upgrade from Home to Pro for free?: I have Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. I’d like to change it and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-from-home-to-pro-for-free/bc78173f-4b3e-4d80-becb-66f651d39237
  8. Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.: Just got a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I have a Windows 10 Pro license that I bought back in 2017 appears in order history in my MS account but I can't find a product key anywhere. What do I do?...
  9. Win10 Home free re-activation

Win10 Home free re-activation: HP 2107c Win7 upgraded to Win 10 Home, months later now i replaced MB, now Win10 not activated, i found 25 digit serial number for Win10 Home, in Speccy,used it in System Update change product key, but got message of invalid key. How do i get it activated?...
  10. Activate Windows 10 Home From Free ISO Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows 10 Home From Free ISO Windows 10 Pro: I installed Windows 10 Pro ISO on a new build computer and am looking to activate Windows now. The issue is I downloaded Windows 10 Pro, I bought a Windows 10 Home activation key. Is there anyway to activate Windows with the current Home key while having Windows 10 Pro...