Windows 10: Windows Home S store app blocked in new laptop

Discus and support Windows Home S store app blocked in new laptop in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My cousin bought a new laptop, an acer Aspire 5 with Windows 10 Home S, and it will not let her use the microsoft app store because it says "This app... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SWisco, Aug 27, 2020.

1. SWisco Win User

Windows Home S store app blocked in new laptop

My cousin bought a new laptop, an acer Aspire 5 with Windows 10 Home S, and it will not let her use the microsoft app store because it says "This app has been blocked by your system administrator"

The Laptop is less than a day old bought from amazon for her kids new online schooling. Ikept trying to find info but nothing helps. So we need to remove this stupid block for her to install the apps she needs for his school stuff.

:)

SWisco, Aug 27, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

Windows Firewall blocks App Store from downloading new apps

Hi,

Let's try to check if the app store you're referring to if it's really blocked by Windows Firewall. See these steps:

• Open Windows Firewall from the taskbar >
      Firewall & network protection
      > Allow an app through firewall.
    • A new window will show up containing the list of the apps that ca be allowed through Firewall.
    • Look for the app you want to be accessed, and make sure that the Domain, Private and Public are ticked. That would allow the app store to be accessed.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestion.

John Sarc, Aug 27, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Windows Home S store app blocked in new laptop

blocking apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Log in to https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ using your Microsoft Email account.
    • Find the user that is correspond to the computer account on the Windows that you are having issue with.
    • Click on "App Restrictions".
    • Under App Restrictions, click on "App list".
    • Here, you can Allow or Block the Apps/Games that you want.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Home S store app blocked in new laptop

1. Windows Home S store app blocked in new laptop - Similar Threads - Home store app

2. windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 home on new asus laptop - cannot switch off s mode: hello there,i tried to switch off s mode on my new Asus windows 11 home, in all possible ways, but everytime i follow the instructions, i get the prompt: Sorry, something went wrong. We're trying to make it right. Please refresh or try again later. How can I solve this...
  3. Microsoft to revive Windows 10’s app store with new UI and desktop apps

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to revive Windows 10’s app store with new UI and desktop apps: Microsoft Store has long had a redesign in the works and it appears that the fresh version of the app store is being prepared for Windows 10 Sun Valley Update. As you’re doubtlessly aware, the Windows 10 Sun Valley Update should roll out to consumers in October and November....
  4. My microsoft Account and store are linked to a laptop because of Home S

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My microsoft Account and store are linked to a laptop because of Home S: Recently today I had to sign into an office account to get a Microsoft Account S Home out of S mode because I needed to install drivers for the printer they wanted to print too. As a huge mistake I see now I used just any old microsoft account mine and now the whole think...
  5. New HP laptop stuck at "preparing to reset". Windows 10 Home in S mode

in Windows 10 Support
    New HP laptop stuck at "preparing to reset". Windows 10 Home in S mode: Hello Tenforums, Here is my issue. I want to return to the store a new laptop. I only used it one time. I turned it on, went thru the welcome prompts & Microsoft account set up, etc. So I read on how to reset in windows in settings recovery. I chose for it to reset...
  6. Windows 10’s People app is here to stay, but it’s getting a new home

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s People app is here to stay, but it’s getting a new home: After Print 3D and other creative apps, you can now add People app to the list of apps that were never used. Microsoft is planning to kill off Windows 10’s dedicated People app next year, but you can still access your contacts as long as they’re synced to the cloud storage....
  7. Windows in S mode blocking game from Windows store

Windows in S mode blocking game from Windows store: Windows in S mode says that it will only run apps from the Microsoft store. I downloaded Crusader Kings 3 from the store, but when I try to run it I get the message that I can only run apps from the store. If I downloaded it from the store, why did it not give me a message...
  8. Zoom video app blocked by s - mode

Zoom video app blocked by s - mode: I tried to download the Zoom video app to my laptop which has Windows 10 and Office 365 but the download is blocked by s-mode. I don't want to stop s mode but I can't find the Zoom video conferencing app in the MS Apps store.Is there a one there? Is there any plan to add it...
  9. Windows Firewall Control Blocks Store From Downloading New Apps

Windows Firewall Control Blocks Store From Downloading New Apps: Not sure if this is the correct folder. Updated to Windows Anniversary - no problems. However, now I have the problem as stated in the title. If I turn Windows Firewall Control (v4.8.3.0) off the apps download and install fine. With WFC active store reports an error...
  10. AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AppLocker Blocks Windows Store Apps Downloads: Hello -- I've Windows 10 Pro x64, and I did a clean install a few days ago because of a similar issue. Now, Windows Store does open up and installed apps run just fine; however, I'm not able to download new apps or update existing ones. Downloads get aborted with error...