Windows 10: Windows Home to Pro using Digital License

Discus and support Windows Home to Pro using Digital License in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, all. Last month, I upgraded my HP laptop from Home to Pro, and received a digital license. I've since had to switch computers, and bought a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by #jorola, Jan 14, 2020.

1. #jorola Win User

Windows Home to Pro using Digital License

Hi, all. Last month, I upgraded my HP laptop from Home to Pro, and received a digital license. I've since had to switch computers, and bought a new ASUS laptop. I removed Pro from the HP, but cannot apply the digital license to the ASUS. There's no way to troubleshoot or find an error code because the ASUS came with Home. Everything shows up as "OK". The only way I can get Pro is to either have a serial number I don't -- digital license, or to purchase another upgrade, which is idiotic. Please help. Microsoft Tech Support is utter trash, so no help there.

:)

#jorola, Jan 14, 2020

2. Circumvent a digital license?

We bought a Dell Inspiron that shipped with Windows 10 Home installed and a digital license. I am trying to get Windows 10 Pro on it so I can join our domain. I've tried entering our legitimate Pro key, and I'm told it isn't valid. Anytime I try a clean install, it, as expected, skips the OS choice and goes right to Home. I have no option to pick.

I'm also struggling to find a Windows 10 Pro (only Pro) .iso.

So, any suggestions on how to get around this? I'd love to wipe the digital license clean, but I believe that's stored on the motherboard.

DeaconFrost, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Windows Home to Pro using Digital License

Andre Da Costa, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Home to Pro using Digital License

1. Windows Home to Pro using Digital License - Similar Threads - Home Pro using

2. Windows 10 home digital license on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home digital license on windows 10 pro: I have windows 10 home digital license but I have installed windows 10 pro which is not activated, the troubleshoot tells me to install a windows 10 home copy to activate windows from the digital license I have for windows 10 home but I already re-installed windows 10 using...
  3. Windows 10 home digital license on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home digital license on windows 10 pro: I have windows 10 home digital license but I have installed windows 10 pro which is not activated, the troubleshoot tells me to install a windows 10 home copy to activate windows from the digital license I have for windows 10 home but I already re-installed windows 10 using...
  4. Windows 10 home digital license on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading Windows Home to Pro via linked digital license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows Home to Pro via linked digital license.: On my old laptop I had a Windows 10 Pro license that was linked to my microsoft account. On my new laptop it came with Windows 10 home and I want to swap that to the Pro license I have. How do I do this, as I don't have the pro product key to hand anymore?...
  6. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 home using a digital license

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 home using a digital license: Hi, I need to upgrade my version of Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro so that I can access the remote desktop connection feature. My edition is Windows 10 Home and my activation says Windows is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. But it looks...
  7. Upgrading from Home to pro using digital license key

Upgrading from Home to pro using digital license key: I had a win 10 pro digital license key in my old laptop. I associated with it my online MS account. Now i bought a new laptop with win 10 Home pre-installed and after signing in with my online MS account, it shows that win10 home digital license key is linked to my MS...
  8. Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 home.. Digital Licensing good for home, not pro, and cannot...

Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 home.. Digital Licensing good for home, not pro, and cannot...: I have tried everything.. I reset the PC and cannot get an option to go back to windows 10 home. I see that my version cannot be activated due to the fact that I am running Windows 10 pro, and the computer troubleshooter says it found a digital license good for Windows 10...
  9. Digital License says Windows Home, not Pro

Digital License says Windows Home, not Pro: I've been a member since February 2016, but haven't had a lot to say. I have learned a lot by reading, and I wish to thank all of you for the knowledge. Today I have a problem... I purchased a $99 upgrade from Microsoft for Win 10 Pro, a few days ago. The upgrade went fine....
  10. Digital License says Windows Home, not Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Digital License says Windows Home, not Pro: I've been a member since February 2016, but haven't had a lot to say. I have learned a lot by reading, and I wish to thank all of you for the knowledge. Today I have a problem... I purchased a $99 upgrade from Microsoft for Win 10 Pro, a few days ago. The upgrade went fine....