Windows 10: Windows home to Windows Pro product key

Discus and support Windows home to Windows Pro product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to remote access my office pc with my surface pro. the office pc has Windows home on it and will not let me use remote access the surface pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GazColeman, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Windows home to Windows Pro product key

I want to remote access my office pc with my surface pro.

the office pc has Windows home on it and will not let me use remote access

the surface pro has Windows Pro, can I use the product key from the surface pro on the windows home to upgrade it?

also I have no idea what or where the product key for the surface pro is

:)

GazColeman, Feb 2, 2019
  2. FX-GMC Win User

Windows 8 Clubhouse

I don't think that tool asks for a key if you are running the version of Windows you are trying to download the ISO for.

FX-GMC, Feb 2, 2019
  3. tigger Win User
    Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

So it will be fine installing 8.1 pro with a KMS key, then switch to my 8 pro key and it will activate ok?

Maybe a daft question but why can't you just install 8.1 pro with the 8 pro key, or is it different keys for 8 and 8.1? seems silly when 8.1 is a free update anyway.

tigger, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Windows home to Windows Pro product key

Windows Product Key

A friend of mine has an all-in-one that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. He erased the original OS thinking he could install another version of Windows 8. One thing he encountered, that he didn't expect, the BIOS/UEFI has a password. So, basically he is locked out from installing another OS. His BIOS has the product key nestled inside. Is it possible to find out which version the product key belong to?

GoFigureItOut, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows home to Windows Pro product key

1. Windows home to Windows Pro product key - Similar Threads - home Pro product

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key: Hi All, I am upgrading my laptop hard drive from SATA to ssd, the windows version which I had got along with my laptop as oem edition windows 8.1 in these years it has been upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now I am facing issue in installing windows 10 pro in my ssd as Microsoft...
  3. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key: Hi All, I am upgrading my laptop hard drive from SATA to ssd, the windows version which I had got along with my laptop as oem edition windows 8.1 in these years it has been upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now I am facing issue in installing windows 10 pro in my ssd as Microsoft...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key: Hi! This is my first post and I am still a somewhat beginner with Windows. I am a student attempting to upgrade my laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home) to Windows 10 Pro (I was following information on how to use Xamarin and it recommended enabling Hyper-v for the...
  6. Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Home without Home product key?

Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Home without Home product key?: I have a laptop which I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home. However, since the upgrade, I have not been able to connect to wireless hard disks, including a Seagate hard disk which a lot of important files are stored. How do I downgrade from Pro back to Home,...
  7. Windows Pro product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Pro product key: Hi, I need the "Key" for when I upgraded from Home to Pro. I have the receipt you emailed when I purchased the upgrade from Home to Pro, and the Geek Squad technician who was here today, Eric, says that you also have in your records the two upgrades one for tower, one for...
  8. Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key

Unable to Activate Windows 10 Home /Pro Product Key: My brother gave me a computer that has an non-activated version of Windows 10 Pro on it. I have a new Windows 10 Pro product key which I have entered in the 'change product key' settings. I receive error 0x803F7001 and am told to buy a new copy of Windows from the...
  9. Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key

Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key: If I buy a Windows 10 Pro Product Key from my Windows 10 Home Microsoft Store, will the product key of the latter one Windows 10 Home be used anywhere in other laptop or PC?...
  10. Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key

Windows Pro to Home - Invalid Product Key: I recently purchased a license of windows 10 home. Following the purchase, I received an email containing a link of an installer which downloads windows setup. The problem I’m facing is that the installer downloads windows 10 professional setup while my license is for home...