Windows 10: Windows Home Update Hyper-V error

Discus and support Windows Home Update Hyper-V error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a lot of trouble to update my Windows 10 Home to a never version. Looking at the CBS-Logs it tells me there are errors with files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Coronon, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Coronon Win User

Windows Home Update Hyper-V error

Hi there,

I have a lot of trouble to update my Windows 10 Home to a never version. Looking at the CBS-Logs it tells me there are errors with files relating to Hyper-V, but I am still using Windows 10 Home, so I shouldnt even be able to use Hyper-V. I checked and HyperV is neither enabled on my system, nor are there any of the associated programs installed Hyper-V manamgment tools etc., there are however services installed related to Hyper-V one of which "Hyper-V Host Computer Service" is currently running.

Full CBS.log:

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0J5SRKGK3oRc4aFAVoV6PsjfA#CBS

What I consider to be the relevant lines:

https://pastebin.com/RURtRvKJ

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am currently on version:

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1909

Installed on: 24/02/2020

OS build: 18363.1016

:)

Coronon, Feb 22, 2021

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 22, 2021
  3. bro67 Win User
    Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

Actually some machines can receive Firmware updates through Windows Updates. As for the reboots, I would also look at Secure Boot getting fouled up and clearing that option to reset it. The Hash may not match when it reboot causing these errors.

bro67, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Windows Home Update Hyper-V error

Hyper-V networking

Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Hyper-V installed. All was working well, and then I got a chipset update from Dell. Installed the update and rebooted computer. After that networking was not working correctly, windows showed limited connectivity. I looked
    a little to roll back the driver update, but Windows did not show a new Nic card driver and the chipsets I looked at also did not show a current date. The Dell Command update program does not provide a way to uninstall updates.

I tried to access hyper-v switch manager but it returns an error that "an error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches". Also tried using the powershell cmdlet but got a general error.

I accessed the networking center and deleted the Hyper V adapter, then edited my LAN card's config disabling the two Hyper V protocols and enabling the rest. This let me get back on-line with my computer. I have tried uninstalling the Hyper V feature,
    reboot, reinstall - but I am still unable to access the switch manager. I then removed the feature again, re-named the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V directory, rebooted, added the feature again. This time (obviously) none of my VM's show up but
    I'm still unable to access the switch manager.

There is no critical data in my Hyper V, I use it for testing, re-creating issues, learning, etc. Is there a way for Windows 10 (or something designed for server 2012 that will apply) that I can use to fully reset the Hyper v networking, or fully rest all
    of hyper v so I can get it working again? I do use the workstation heavily, it's my work computer so it would be very difficult to impossible to reinstall the OS.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Matthew.Hart.TMG, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows Home Update Hyper-V error

1. Windows Home Update Hyper-V error - Similar Threads - Home Update Hyper

2. Windows 10 Home Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Home Hyper-V: I'm using the windows 10 home version and my VMware workstation throw an error "VMware workstation and Hyper V not compatible. Remove Hyper-V role from the system". Since I'm using a home version, I cannot disable hyper-v through cmd prompt/ PowerShell/ windows features....
  3. Hyper-V and Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V and Win10 Home: Hello - I need to use VMWare to access a database I have, but when I launch VM it tells me VM is not compatible with W10Home. When I first bought the database it came with VMWare and worked as instructed. I started getting an error when I launch VM and it will not open...
  4. Hyper-V on Home Edition

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V on Home Edition: i'm on Windows 10 20H2 version, build SO 19052.867 Okay, in the Home Edition of Windows 10 Hyper-V is not and cannot be enabled, but then why in System Infornation I see this: [img] and in Windows Features this: [img] and when I start Disk Management I read for a moment:...
  5. Error: Hyper-V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: Hyper-V: A window show up one I clicked finished this what is says: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-hyper-v/1d057431-d7a6-40f5-96e5-747c14fcef4b
  6. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  7. Error when installing Hyper-V

Error when installing Hyper-V: I thought I would try out Hyper-V for the first time ever. However I'm getting an error message when installing it. [img] 17535
  8. Getting Sound in 10 Home Hyper-V session

Getting Sound in 10 Home Hyper-V session: As most users will be aware, one restriction in Hyper-V is that you can only run 10 Home in a Hyper-V virtual machine as a basic session (as it does not have RDP server capability), and cannot then get sound. To date, I have had to use VMWare to play Home VMs and get...
  9. Hyper-V Resizeable Windows

Hyper-V Resizeable Windows: For those unaware, you can now resize your Hyper-V windows "on the fly" (enhanced mode at least) . Previously, you had to do it via config files before you started vm up. Now you do not have to scroll or go to fullscreen mode to get to task bar. Makes it much better...
  10. Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?

Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?: I have Windows 10 Home - I double checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V (which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home) enabled. I'm trying to install a Kali VM but I can't disable these features...