Windows 10: Windows Home upgraded to windows 10 enterprise randomly while restarting the PC

Discus and support Windows Home upgraded to windows 10 enterprise randomly while restarting the PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Windows home randomly upgraded to windows 10 enterprise during a restart. Now when I try to change the product key back to windows home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/I-Am-Bankrupt, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Windows Home upgraded to windows 10 enterprise randomly while restarting the PC

/u/I-Am-Bankrupt, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows Home upgraded to windows 10 enterprise randomly while restarting the PC

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows Home upgraded to windows 10 enterprise randomly while restarting the PC

1. Windows Home upgraded to windows 10 enterprise randomly while restarting the PC - Similar Threads - Home upgraded enterprise

2. Windows 10 Home Upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise.: I was trying to upgrade to windows 10 Pro from home with my digital license on my microsoft account. But it somehow upgraded to windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it now....
  3. Windows 10 Home changed to Windows 10 Enterprise randomly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home changed to Windows 10 Enterprise randomly?: Please need help!! I just activated my windows 10 home this week and was able to finally gain the access to change my wallpaper and other things. I distinctly remember my edition saying Windows 10 Home, but today my PC updated and now it says it’s Windows 10 Enterprise and...
  4. Windows 10 Home randomly switched to Enterprise

Windows 10 Home randomly switched to Enterprise: I had bought a legit windows 10 home key and had put it in the night before for my new pc and well i was messing around with settings in bios. after it had crashed and the next time it started it up i turned off the setting that made it crash but than my windows 10 home...
  5. Downgrade Enterprise to Home after random upgrade...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade Enterprise to Home after random upgrade...: Greetings, my system is an old upgraded Windows 7 System Home Premium and since an eternity I have Windows 10 Home. Some days ago I tried to upgrade to an education version or whatever the version is called with a key from Microsoft Azure. The system told me that the keys...
  6. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Enterprise

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Enterprise: There is a lot of conflicting information on how you can and can't upgrade to Enterprise from a current Home edition. I purchased a system about 2 years ago for business that came with Windows 10 Home by default. Pretty weird combo considering the specs of this system but...
  7. Windows 10 Home upgraded to Enterprise overnight

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home upgraded to Enterprise overnight: I was using a Win 10 Home activated through my Microsoft account happily for a few months on this new PC, but today I got the "Activate Windows" in the lower right corner of my screen, when going into the settings it now says Windows 10 Enterprise, Not activated. After a...
  8. Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise by itself?

Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise by itself?: Hi guys, Recently, I’ve reinstalled windows to convert my windows from Windows 10 Education to Windows 10 home. After it finished installation, I used my computer for awhile. When I was done using my com, I shut it down, but it ran some updates on its own, and I found out...
  9. Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 enterprise

Windows 10 Home upgraded to Windows 10 enterprise: I've had this computer for some time and upgraded to windows 10 home edition when it was offered for free some time ago, recently I bought the enterprise edition from the Microsoft store and it is now saying I need to activate my Windows edition. Error code: 0x803F7001...
  10. Windows 10 Home - PC Crashes and Restarts at Random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Home - PC Crashes and Restarts at Random: The PC crashes at random intervals, this error screen pops up for a second and then it restarts as if nothing happened. Does anyone know what is causing this issue? [IMG]...