Windows 10: WINDOWS HOME VS PRO free update COVID19

Discus and support WINDOWS HOME VS PRO free update COVID19 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Many people around the world, who have a windows computer could work from home without having to expose themselves to the pandemic COVID19, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SERGIOGONCALVES1, Mar 23, 2020.

1. WINDOWS HOME VS PRO free update COVID19

Many people around the world, who have a windows computer could work from home without having to expose themselves to the pandemic COVID19, but unfortunately the windows versions of their PCs are home versions that do not allow remote access to their workstations. This would be a good opportunity for microsoft to give its help to society by allowing a free upgrade of the home versions of windows to the pro version. The community would apreciate it very much

:)

SERGIOGONCALVES1, Mar 23, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond WINDOWS HOME VS PRO free update COVID19 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 23, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 23, 2020
  4. WINDOWS HOME VS PRO free update COVID19

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

WINDOWS HOME VS PRO free update COVID19

1. WINDOWS HOME VS PRO free update COVID19 - Similar Threads - HOME PRO free

2. Windows 10 Home vs Pro edition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home vs Pro edition: I always install Pro edition everywhere. Few days ago I decided to install windows 10 home on my home pc. First thing I observed is that even if you sign in with Microsoft account, you do not need to have password on your account. Also during setup it asks to enter your...
  3. Windows 10 Pro vs Home

Windows 10 Pro vs Home: Sorry in advance if this is a re-occurring question that happens in this subreddit but I really am getting fed up with people telling me I need to get a windows 10 pro version of a laptop because its better for productivity. While yes, I do understand it might have better...
  4. Windows 10 Home vs. Windows Pro

Windows 10 Home vs. Windows Pro: Hi, I bought a laptop (via auction) that was advertised as coming with Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I ran the initial setup (it was brand new), but offline (because I didn't want to register it yet, it's for somebody else). After I logged it, it said "Windows 10 Home". Is it...
  5. windows 10 home vs pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 home vs pro: I am buying a new computer and have always used Windows home. Found a good price on a Dell, but it has Windows Pro. Any downside or big difference I should now about between the two? I do not need Pro, but that is what comes on the pc. Thanks...
  6. windows pro vs home- which to get?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows pro vs home- which to get?: What's the difference between windows pro and home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pro-vs-home-which-to-get/ccf6e7ab-3f54-4cb4-89ae-3c358843c713
  7. Windows 10 Home vs pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home vs pro: Hello, I need advise on win 10 home or pro is better for gamming and multimedia (movies, music) ? 123387
  8. Home vs Pro Permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Home vs Pro Permissions: Hello, I am the administrator on a church PC running Windows 10 HOME. I'm consistently having issues with other users changing settings, downloading and installing software, and otherwise just making my job much more difficult. I'm constantly fixing something that someone...
  9. Windows 10 home vs pro

Windows 10 home vs pro: This question has probably already been asked a few times, but do i really need windows 10 pro? I use my computer for gaming and browsing the internet, and looking at some of the features from the professional version, i dont really see the need for any one them....
  10. 8.1 to 10 - Home vs Pro

8.1 to 10 - Home vs Pro: Been out of the loop for around 12 days and I am curious about the upgrade to 10. After trying various TP's on a separate hard drive I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my 8.1 using 10166, it was then updated to 10240 as a pro edition. After missing the 29th launch I got...