Windows 10: Windows Hotmail App links not working

Discus and support Windows Hotmail App links not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Any links in emails viewed in the app are non-functioning. If I open Hotmail in Edge, they work. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DaveWheatcroft, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Windows Hotmail App links not working

Any links in emails viewed in the app are non-functioning. If I open Hotmail in Edge, they work. Any ideas?

:)

DaveWheatcroft, Nov 25, 2021

2. STUPID Windows Live Hotmail

STUPID Windows Live Hotmail - NOW FIXED

PROBLEM:
    Microsoft Outlook Express has stopped working / is not working with hotmail. Yesterday it was working. Today it is not.

I've been using hotmail/outlook express for the last 6 years or so. (And without any problems). BUT today, without my knowledge, MS has upgraded *downgraded?* my hotmail accounts to the new Windows Live Hotmail, which DOES NOT WORK with outlook express.

ALL MY EMAILS ARE STUCK. *Bang Head :banghead: RETARDS! This is my business mail too!

EDIT: SOLUTION FOUND See below

lemonadesoda, Nov 25, 2021
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    "All apps" Button not working - Where are links stored?

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

4. mdmike52 Win User

Windows Hotmail App links not working

"All apps" Button not working - Where are links stored?

At some point my "All apps" button has stopped working. Clicking on it causes the apps list to flash very very briefly then dumps me back to home screen. Everything else seems to work OK.
    Anyone know where the links in that list of apps is stored? I'm thinking one of the links is broken causing the whole list to shut down, and if I remove links from the list one by one I can find it. That's the only thing I can think to try.
    Unfortunately no restore points exist and Repair tools like Startup Repair Etc. does not help.
    Any other Ideas / Suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mike

mdmike52, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hotmail App links not working

1. Windows Hotmail App links not working - Similar Threads - Hotmail App links

2. Hotmail is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail is not working: My husband hasn't been able to get into his emails for many weeks. He asks for a code to be sent to my account as arranged but I never received it. Then in the last few days I've been sent 15 different codes in separate messages. None of them is accepted. What do we do?...
  3. Hotmail is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotmail is not working: My husband hasn't been able to get into his emails for many weeks. He asks for a code to be sent to my account as arranged but I never received it. Then in the last few days I've been sent 15 different codes in separate messages. None of them is accepted. What do we do?...
  4. Removal of Windows password - impossible due to link with Hotmail account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of Windows password - impossible due to link with Hotmail account?: I need to remove my password from my windows laptop as the laptop is due to be repaired. I do not seem to be able to do this following any of the instructions I found on the web and the instructions given by Dell This seems to be because my LA[top Pin/Password is somehow...
  5. Removal of Windows password - impossible due to link with Hotmail account?

Removal of Windows password - impossible due to link with Hotmail account?: I need to remove my password from my windows laptop as the laptop is due to be repaired. I do not seem to be able to do this following any of the instructions I found on the web and the instructions given by Dell This seems to be because my LA[top Pin/Password is somehow...
  6. Windows Hotmail App links not working

Windows Hotmail App links not working: Any links in emails viewed in the app are non-functioning. If I open Hotmail in Edge, they work. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hotmail-app-links-not-working/77003911-98c7-40ee-9e8e-af2326b93cf3
  7. Hotmail account linked to Administration Profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hotmail account linked to Administration Profile: To get iTunes for Windows 10, I logged into my hotmail account to access Microsoft Store. At the end of my work , while I was making sure if I signed out from all my accounts I logged into, there I found out , my hotmail email account had initiated with the " Computer...
  8. no hotmail in windows 10 mail app

no hotmail in windows 10 mail app: why is my hotmail mail account not showing in windows 10 mail app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-hotmail-in-windows-10-mail-app/e79f4d31-b49d-4331-b401-97919170d4d3
  9. Hotmail Account Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hotmail Account Not Working: Can any members help?? My Hotmail account has just stopped functioning properly - I cannot send a message, cannot access the "Settings" and cannot delete Drafts or Deleted Messages. When I click the "Send" button, it simply Grays out and there is no further activity. (Yes,...
  10. Outlook 2013 - Linked Hotmail Accounts not downloading to app access

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 - Linked Hotmail Accounts not downloading to app access: I have Office Professional 2013 installed, and with that comes Outlook 2013 email as the prime account. I have one Gmail and two Hotmail email accounts linked to the Outlook 2013 email account, and usually accessible via the Outlook Mail app. However, since 02 July...