Windows 10: Windows Hotspot

Discus and support Windows Hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; At 1st when I started using this app it solved a lot of problems for me. However it starts off working then some up date happens and then the return of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by azhotknight, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Windows Hotspot

At 1st when I started using this app it solved a lot of problems for me. However it starts off working then some up date happens and then the return of a problem I thought was solved.

I have a Dell precision M4800 though it is not the greatest computer it is the best I have ever had. It is an Upgrade from win8. I did my best to get all the latest drivers and I was happy. I am not exactly sure what update or setting is being changed. It 1st started having problems all I had to do was restart it and it would work for about 15mins and then it would get worse it would broadcast but it would not allow anything to connect to it. It would try but give a BS answer/error Authentication error. I knew there was nothing wrong with the password. I then investigated the issue and came to the conclusion the wifi card was bad. Bound and determined I tried to fix it hoping it was a driver. Well I then decided to try a USB wireless network device.together maybe ad hoc network I thought. Well win10 did not make it easy to for me to understand how to set up ad hoc very easy. I was was hoping to use the 2 wireless adapters one to receive and the other to broadcast. I couldn't set that up but fortunately win10 hotspot was able to use the USB device to solve the problem again. But YET again windows was determined to NOT have this app work for me. The hotspot would get overloaded and started giving the BSOD so I found a driver that windows and Dell did not list. Which finally brought me to the hotspot working but was not allowing some devices not to see the 5g signals however I knew it used to and would wonders why no more. I discovered that it is not consistently broadcasting the channels 53-57 but I only found this about by having 2 phones and using wifi analyzer. Now I have uninstalled the network adapters, restarted/shutdown for 30 secs. And ever at one time was using the bluetooth as the hotspot and the would stop working so back to wifi and sometimes that would work. Currently the bluetooth option does not share the wifi but the wifi 1/2 works I can not get 5350 Mhz to 5600 MHz to broadcast. I have tried going to devices properties and changing the options there and that did not work. I am fed up to say the least. Can anyone please help ? I don't understand why if I get it working after a restart or two the lower 50's will no longer broadcast from my laptop.

:)

azhotknight, Feb 28, 2021

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Windows not discovering mobile hotspot

I think you have already answered both of the other points I would have checked so I have nothing else useful to suggest -
    - Your computer can detect other 2.4GHz networks/hotspots
    - Other computers can detect your phone's 2.4GHz hotspot

I have deliberately altered some Windows settings to hide unwanted local networks [not just stop any connection to them but hide them from appearing in the list of available networks]. But you have not been taking similar measures or you would have said so.

As a final check, see if your phone's mobile hotspot appears in the list of detected networks using
    NirSoft WiFiInfoView

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. Windows Hotspot

freebird_9924, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hotspot

1. Windows Hotspot - Similar Threads - Hotspot

2. Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...: there was a question asked like this but it didn't solve the problem. i have already restarted the network settings. if someone could help that would be great....
  3. Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...: there was a question asked like this but it didn't solve the problem. i have already restarted the network settings. if someone could help that would be great....
  4. laptop crashes on turning on hotspot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop crashes on turning on hotspot.: Everytime i turn on hotspot It crashes. it occurs mainly when my laptop is charging. can anyone help me find out the issue and a way to solve this issue. Once i checked task manager just before it crashed i noticed that the memory usage was too high 99 to 100 %....
  5. laptop crashes on turning on hotspot.

laptop crashes on turning on hotspot.: Everytime i turn on hotspot It crashes. it occurs mainly when my laptop is charging. can anyone help me find out the issue and a way to solve this issue. Once i checked task manager just before it crashed i noticed that the memory usage was too high 99 to 100 %....
  6. hotspot not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hotspot not work: vggkgnk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-not-work/1f8273a6-989b-423b-be96-9c47d8cf3959
  7. hotspot not work

hotspot not work: vggkgnk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-not-work/1f8273a6-989b-423b-be96-9c47d8cf3959
  8. Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.: Windows worked fine, but my power supply fan died so I replaced it. Powered up, windows worked fine except no wifi, would not see any networks. Put the old power supply back in and powered up, same issue. Tested with my Galaxy phone, saw the hotspot and was able to connect....
  9. Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.

Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.: Windows worked fine, but my power supply fan died so I replaced it. Powered up, windows worked fine except no wifi, would not see any networks. Put the old power supply back in and powered up, same issue. Tested with my Galaxy phone, saw the hotspot and was able to connect....
  10. Windows seems my mobile hotspot but not my home network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing