Windows 10: windows hp cd player isn't playing cds please help

Discus and support windows hp cd player isn't playing cds please help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; windows hp cd player isn't playing cds please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marilyn Forest, May 30, 2019.

1. windows hp cd player isn't playing cds please help

windows hp cd player isn't playing cds please help

:)

Marilyn Forest, May 30, 2019

2. Windows Media will not burn my music discs to play on regular CD players

Hello CGaleBaker,

Could you please reply to some of my questions?

• Which Cd player are you referring to? What is the make and model?
    • Did you try to play the music other cd player?
    Well, I suspect there is some issue with the cd player itself as it is running fine on the computer. I suggest you to try playing in on different player and check first.

Let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, May 30, 2019
  3. MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/change-settings-for-ripping-music

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 30, 2019
  4. windows hp cd player isn't playing cds please help

Burning CD with Windows Media Player

Hi Carey,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Firstly, Windows Media Player requires that content intended to be burned to discs be first stored on the computer's hard disk. Therefore, I would suggest you to copy all the songs to a folder first and then proceed to the next step.

Once that is done, I would suggest you to refer to the help article below for steps to burn the CD and check if it helps.

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player: frequently asked questions

In response to your query, please note that the track information will or will not show depending on the file or whether it is being played on a Text-enabled CD player.

Get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 30, 2019
Thema:

windows hp cd player isn't playing cds please help

1. windows hp cd player isn't playing cds please help - Similar Threads - player isn't playing

2. My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???: My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wmp-has-not-played-my-old-cds-it-doe-not/8de0895a-ae97-4c16-849c-c70958db9384
  3. My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???: My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wmp-has-not-played-my-old-cds-it-doe-not/8de0895a-ae97-4c16-849c-c70958db9384
  4. Add CD photos for ripped CDs using Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add CD photos for ripped CDs using Media Player: In Windows 7, Media Player automatically found photos for CDs I ripped and added them to the directory. Sometimes Media Player could not find proper photos, but that was always for obscure CDs. There were four image files three JPEGs beginning with "AlbumArt" and one JPEG...
  5. make an audio cd that will play on cd players

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    make an audio cd that will play on cd players: How do Imake an audio cd that will play on a cd player? Got songs from computer to cd with no problem, but will not play on cd player, or in vehicle cd player....
  6. Windows 10 Won't Burn CD's or DVD's BUT Plays CDs/DVDs HELP!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Won't Burn CD's or DVD's BUT Plays CDs/DVDs HELP!: So I tossed on a CD which played well, same with a DVD the movie played well too. But when I tried burning a blank CD using Windows Media Player it did not work, then I tried two other programs CDBurnerXP and ImgBurn neither one would work either. I am trying to burn MP3...
  7. Why isn't my HP Laptop recognizing the CD/DVD player

Why isn't my HP Laptop recognizing the CD/DVD player: I just bought a new PC game and a movie, and neither one is recognized. Can't open them or manipulated any parts of the CD/DVDs. It keeps asking to insert the disc. I just used it a week ago on about a dozen or more CD/DVDs. Has there been an update from Microsoft? Could...
  8. CDs will not play

CDs will not play: I have a Sony Vaio SVS131112 laptop with built-in CD/DVD drive (Matshita DVD-RAM UJ8A7AS), which no longer works. Discs are accepted, device check says drive is functioning properly, autoplay on, but disc does not appear in Windows Media Player. Running Windows 10, upgraded...
  9. Windows Media Player won't play CDs

Windows Media Player won't play CDs: Every time I burn a cd it pends in a second, but every time it does that I would play the burned cd and it would play nothing. Why does this happen? ***Original title: Windows Media Player***...
  10. Windows Media Player has stopped playing or ripping CDs

Windows Media Player has stopped playing or ripping CDs: WMP was working fine until yesterday. After inserting CD, data (song titles, album cover) show up but songs will not play. A small x shows up in the right column by each song title I try to play. This also happens with CDs I had already successfully ripped to computer....