Windows 10: Windows hypervisor is not running

Discus and support Windows hypervisor is not running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everytime I do a startup, I get a: "# Localized 03/19/2019 02:32 AM (GMT) 303:6.40.10831 Hyper-V.psd1 # # Hyper-V BPA Localization File #... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Steve2151, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Steve2151 Win User

Windows hypervisor is not running

Everytime I do a startup, I get a:

"# Localized 03/19/2019 02:32 AM (GMT) 303:6.40.10831 Hyper-V.psd1
    #
    # Hyper-V BPA Localization File
    #

ConvertFrom-StringData @'
    ###PSLOC - Start Localization

rule1_Title=Windows hypervisor must be running
    rule1_Problem=Windows hypervisor is not running.
    rule1_Impact=Virtual machines cannot be started until Windows hypervisor is running.
    rule1_Resolution=Check the Hyper-V-Hypervisor event log for information.
    rule1_Compliant=The Hyper-V Best Practices Analyzer scan has determined that you are in compliance with this best practice.

rule2_Title=The Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management Service must be running
    rule2_Problem=The service required to manage virtual machines is not running.
    rule2_Impact=No virtual machine management operations can be performed until the service is started.
    rule2_Resolution=Use the Services snap-in, the Set-Service cmdlet, or sc config command-line tool to reconfigure the service to start automatically.
    rule2_Compliant=The Hyper-V Best Practices Analyzer scan has determined that you are in compliance with this best practice..." msg. from Win 10 Pro. I have manually started Hyper V Manager and installed Win 10 dev Enviorment and then get: "Can't start because Hypervisor isn't running..."

This is driving me NUTS...Can anyone help??

:)

Steve2151, Jul 22, 2019

2. Virtual Machine is not starting because Hypervisor is not running

Virtual Machine is not starting because Hypervisor is not running.

Any suggestion?

Windows hypervisor is not running 6b44dcbf-851a-407b-8e6a-1860efc4d936.png

ArchanaBhimireddy, Jul 22, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 22, 2019
  4. -KELLY- Win User

A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.

I got an error on gpupdate /force as below on my workstation which is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803.

-----------------------------

{F312195E-3D9D-447A-A3F5-08DFFA24735E} failed due to the error listed below.

A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.

Note: This component only reports overall status information. It does not report information about its individual policy settings; consequently, those settings will not appear in this tool. Please contact the vendor of this component to check if an updated
    version is available.

-----------------------------

It is my understanding that hypervisor is feature to install/manage multiple OS in one workstation. Actually I only install one Windows 10 to my workstation. I am not sure it is related to hypervisor or not, but I connect to virtual server from my workstation
    over VMware VSphere, but the virtual server is not installed on my workstation. It is running on other physical servers in the same network.

The error above is showed up when I executed gpupdate /force on my windows 10 workstation. What kind of action I should take to fix the error? Any advice will be appreciated..

-KELLY-, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows hypervisor is not running - Similar Threads - hypervisor running

2. How to turn off windows hypervisor

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off windows hypervisor: I recently turned on windows sandbox to give it a try. I decided that I didn't really have much use for it since I was so used to VMware. But when I tried to make a new vmware virtual machine it didn't work because the windows hypervisor was on. Is there any way to turn off...
  3. Window sandbox fail to start 0x800706d9 (Hypervisor/Virtual Machine Support Driver element...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window sandbox fail to start 0x800706d9 (Hypervisor/Virtual Machine Support Driver element...: When I run the sandbox, error 0x800706d9 displayed From the event viewer The Container Manager Service service depends on the HV Host Service service which failed to start because of the following error: The dependency service or group failed to start. The HV Host...
  4. Windows does not boot after the Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows does not boot after the Windows Hypervisor Platform is enabled: My laptop (Asus TUF FX505DU, AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon RX Vega 10, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4-2666 run at DDR4-2400 by default, Windows 10 Education 1809) will not boot up (blank screen) after I enabled Windows Hypervisor Platform and Hyper-V in Windows Features after SVM is...
  5. A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.

in Windows 10 Customization
    A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.: I got an error on gpupdate /force as below on my workstation which is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803. ----------------------------- {F312195E-3D9D-447A-A3F5-08DFFA24735E} failed due to the error listed below. A hypervisor feature is not available to the user. Note:...
  6. No hypervisor was found, Please enable hypervisor support

in Windows 10 News
    No hypervisor was found, Please enable hypervisor support: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Users have reported that while trying to launch the Sandbox feature in Windows 10, they encounter the error No hypervisor was found, Please enable hypervisor support. This prevents them from using the Sandbox feature. No hypervisor was found, Please enable...
  7. Example of Windows 10 Running on KVM (Hypervisor) on Linux Host

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Example of Windows 10 Running on KVM (Hypervisor) on Linux Host: Hi folks Here's a recent build of Windows 10 running on the Linux HYPERVISOR (equivalent to Windows HYPER-V) KVM -- it's built into the kernel so all the extra packagres are available to run this. The main problem is to create a network bridge (equivalent to HYPER-V external...
  8. Converting VMWare Windows VM to run on Linux hypervisors

Converting VMWare Windows VM to run on Linux hypervisors: Hi Virtual Machine user Geeks !!! You can convert Windows VMWare VM's to run on KVM or XEN --- these are 2 of the Linux HYPERVISORS equivalent to HYPER-V on Windows. For XEN (although KVM these days is the preferred method) : If you are using a Linux Host and have Windows...
  9. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  10. Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running

Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running: Hi all, Title says it all. I'm using Win10 Enterprise edition Insider Preview 15007 on an Intel Core 2 duo based notebook with 4gb ram. When I tried hyper-v some months ago, it succeeded. I don't know why it doesn't run. Intel Virtualization Technology is on according...