Windows 10: Windows hypervisor is not running

Discus and support Windows hypervisor is not running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everytime I do a startup, I get a: "# Localized 03/19/2019 02:32 AM (GMT) 303:6.40.10831 Hyper-V.psd1 # # Hyper-V BPA Localization File #... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Steve2151, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Steve2151 Win User

Windows hypervisor is not running

Everytime I do a startup, I get a:

"# Localized 03/19/2019 02:32 AM (GMT) 303:6.40.10831 Hyper-V.psd1
    #
    # Hyper-V BPA Localization File
    #

ConvertFrom-StringData @'
    ###PSLOC - Start Localization

rule1_Title=Windows hypervisor must be running
    rule1_Problem=Windows hypervisor is not running.
    rule1_Impact=Virtual machines cannot be started until Windows hypervisor is running.
    rule1_Resolution=Check the Hyper-V-Hypervisor event log for information.
    rule1_Compliant=The Hyper-V Best Practices Analyzer scan has determined that you are in compliance with this best practice.

rule2_Title=The Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management Service must be running
    rule2_Problem=The service required to manage virtual machines is not running.
    rule2_Impact=No virtual machine management operations can be performed until the service is started.
    rule2_Resolution=Use the Services snap-in, the Set-Service cmdlet, or sc config command-line tool to reconfigure the service to start automatically.
    rule2_Compliant=The Hyper-V Best Practices Analyzer scan has determined that you are in compliance with this best practice..." msg. from Win 10 Pro. I have manually started Hyper V Manager and installed Win 10 dev Enviorment and then get: "Can't start because Hypervisor isn't running..."

This is driving me NUTS...Can anyone help??

:)

Steve2151, Jul 22, 2019

2. Virtual Machine is not starting because Hypervisor is not running

Virtual Machine is not starting because Hypervisor is not running.

Any suggestion?

Windows hypervisor is not running 6b44dcbf-851a-407b-8e6a-1860efc4d936.png

ArchanaBhimireddy, Jul 22, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 22, 2019
  4. -KELLY- Win User

A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.

I got an error on gpupdate /force as below on my workstation which is Windows 10 Enterprise version 1803.

-----------------------------

{F312195E-3D9D-447A-A3F5-08DFFA24735E} failed due to the error listed below.

A hypervisor feature is not available to the user.

Note: This component only reports overall status information. It does not report information about its individual policy settings; consequently, those settings will not appear in this tool. Please contact the vendor of this component to check if an updated
    version is available.

-----------------------------

It is my understanding that hypervisor is feature to install/manage multiple OS in one workstation. Actually I only install one Windows 10 to my workstation. I am not sure it is related to hypervisor or not, but I connect to virtual server from my workstation
    over VMware VSphere, but the virtual server is not installed on my workstation. It is running on other physical servers in the same network.

The error above is showed up when I executed gpupdate /force on my windows 10 workstation. What kind of action I should take to fix the error? Any advice will be appreciated..

-KELLY-, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows hypervisor is not running - Similar Threads - hypervisor running

2. why the platform role is desktop when I run Windows 10 as a guest OS in a hypervisor Proxmox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why the platform role is desktop when I run Windows 10 as a guest OS in a hypervisor Proxmox: HI team,My host is running Proxmox a hypervisor, and there is a Windows 10 VM runs inside Proxmox. I found the platform role is Desktop in the "System Information" run msinfo32.I don't understand that as my Windows 10 is a VM, so the platform role should be "Virtual...
  3. why the platform role is desktop when I run Windows 10 as a guest OS in a hypervisor Proxmox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why the platform role is desktop when I run Windows 10 as a guest OS in a hypervisor Proxmox: HI team,My host is running Proxmox a hypervisor, and there is a Windows 10 VM runs inside Proxmox. I found the platform role is Desktop in the "System Information" run msinfo32.I don't understand that as my Windows 10 is a VM, so the platform role should be "Virtual...
  4. why the platform role is desktop when I run Windows 10 as a guest OS in a hypervisor Proxmox

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server: Am getting the above error when trying to start virtual machines on my server running windows server 2012 R2. They were working fine but we had an unexpected shutdown due to power outage. I have tried the solutions below but none worked.Restarting the Hyper V Virtual Machine...
  6. Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server: Am getting the above error when trying to start virtual machines on my server running windows server 2012 R2. They were working fine but we had an unexpected shutdown due to power outage. I have tried the solutions below but none worked.Restarting the Hyper V Virtual Machine...
  7. Run a Windows 10 VM with Hypervisor inside of a 5G 1TB smartphone with external Keyboard...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run a Windows 10 VM with Hypervisor inside of a 5G 1TB smartphone with external Keyboard...: Can we run a Windows 10 VM with Hypervisor V on a smart phone? 5G is COMING..... this would need to be a separate OS that would run when you dock the smartphone, and when you undock the phone your phone's standard OS would run. The only issue is what if you want your mobility...
  8. Run a windows hypervisor VM inside of a 5G 1TB smart phone with external Keyboard Video Mouse

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run a windows hypervisor VM inside of a 5G 1TB smart phone with external Keyboard Video Mouse: Can we run a windows hypervisor vm on a smart phone? 5G is COMING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-a-windows-hypervisor-vm-inside-of-a-5g-1tb/e01124d2-5c33-47b9-b7dd-b894683c8f3a
  9. Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running: I'm trying to get Ubuntu running in Hyper-V. I have enabled the virtualization option in my BIOS. I have enabled the Hyper-V checkbox in "Turn Windows features on or off" and I can create the virtual machine but it errors when I try and start it. When I Google the error...
  10. Example of Windows 10 Running on KVM (Hypervisor) on Linux Host

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Example of Windows 10 Running on KVM (Hypervisor) on Linux Host: Hi folks Here's a recent build of Windows 10 running on the Linux HYPERVISOR (equivalent to Windows HYPER-V) KVM -- it's built into the kernel so all the extra packagres are available to run this. The main problem is to create a network bridge (equivalent to HYPER-V external...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hypervisor is no running

2. hypervisor/virtual machine support driver win 10 missing