Windows 10: Windows ICC profile unable to persist when connecting/disconnecting external monitor

Discus and support Windows ICC profile unable to persist when connecting/disconnecting external monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everything is set properly in Color Management. However, upon connecting external monitor, the color profiles are unloaded. Of course, Color management... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mc830, Nov 29, 2018.

1. mc830 Win User

Windows ICC profile unable to persist when connecting/disconnecting external monitor

Everything is set properly in Color Management. However, upon connecting external monitor, the color profiles are unloaded. Of course, Color management happily reports that everything is loaded properly. It'll load again only if I click reload current configuration. Everything online has been tried. Windows is managing my color profiles.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

mc830, Nov 29, 2018

2. Unable to load custom ICC color profile in Windows 10

My monitor requires a custom ICC color profile to display correctly. Under Windows 8.1, I was able to load this using the Color Management utility. After upgrading to Windows 10, the utility appears the same, however, I'm unable to load the profile.

The process I've been using is:

• open Color Management
    • Under the "Advanced" tab, click "Change system defaults"
    • Under the "Devices" tab, click "Add..."
    • Click "Browse..." in the popup window and locate the custom profile file and click "add"
    Then nothing happens. Under Windows 8.1, the custom profile would appear under the list of "Profiles associated with this device", but not in Windows 10.

Any fixes for this?

Dabarnyarddawg, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Connecting to external monitor

I just upgraded to Windows 10, but am unable to connect my Lenovo X1 Carbon to an external monitor (tried two separate monitors). Before it would automatically detect the monitor, now it only has 1 listed when I go into Settings / Display. I found the "Windows
    button + P" option online, but when I highlight Duplicate or Extend I am unable to "select" or "enter" them.

How can I make Windows detect my external monitor? (I am using the same cord that has always worked to connect my monitor before.) Thanks!

CharlieMcAteer, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Windows ICC profile unable to persist when connecting/disconnecting external monitor

Second monitor color management

I have an external monitor connected to a laptop, I configured both with different ICC Profiles. When I’m using just the Laptop screen or both Laptop and external monitor the profiles are assign correctly to each monitor, but when I choose just to use the
    external monitor it uses the ICC Profile from the Laptop.

Could someone explain how I can fix this?

nmoliveira, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows ICC profile unable to persist when connecting/disconnecting external monitor

1. Windows ICC profile unable to persist when connecting/disconnecting external monitor - Similar Threads - ICC profile unable

2. Windows ICC profile naming limitations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows ICC profile naming limitations: what is maximum length of profile name do windows color management supports? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-icc-profile-naming-limitations/773972a8-3061-4116-8c0d-7422d75a4489
  3. Windows ICC profile naming limitations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ICC profile naming limitations: what is maximum length of profile name do windows color management supports? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-icc-profile-naming-limitations/773972a8-3061-4116-8c0d-7422d75a4489
  4. BSOD after connecting and disconnecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after connecting and disconnecting external monitor: Hey,I'm not a native English speaker, so forgive my ignorance.So, I have been facing BSOD after connecting and disconnecting Selecting PC screen only external monitor to my laptop. It doesn't happen all the time though. But it's very frustrating to not be able to use my...
  5. BSOD after connecting and disconnecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after connecting and disconnecting external monitor: Hey,I'm not a native English speaker, so forgive my ignorance.So, I have been facing BSOD after connecting and disconnecting Selecting PC screen only external monitor to my laptop. It doesn't happen all the time though. But it's very frustrating to not be able to use my...
  6. External monitor disconnects when laptop is locked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor disconnects when laptop is locked: Hi everyone, apologies if this is not the right place to post this question. Recently, I made the jump from MacOS to Windows10. I enjoy listening to Chillstep music on YouTube when studying with my laptop locked and showing the Aerial Screensaver while on Mac. For Windows,...
  7. ICC Profile for Monitor Help?

ICC Profile for Monitor Help?: Installed an ICC profile for my LG 34in and how do you know it’s applied? I see no change in color or picture settings. I’m new to adding ICC profiles. Followed a guide, added it right I just don’t see a difference. Tried three different ICC profiles. No color change....
  8. ICC Profile for Monitor?

ICC Profile for Monitor?: I’ve never used an ICC Profile before and I’ve successfully added a profile as default but nothing changed on the monitor. I looked at my monitor’s picture setting and nothing has changed there. Am I missing something? When I added the ICC profile I figured it would change my...
  9. ICC Monitor profile reset

ICC Monitor profile reset: So I got me a new Monitor and downloaded an ICC profile which I did set up via the windows 10 color management - I now would like to deactivate it again and thought if I would uncheck "Use my settings for this device" in color management it would go back to standard, but...
  10. ICC colour profiles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ICC colour profiles: I want to remove a yellowish tint from my laptop screen - LG Display LP173WF4-SPF5 I have added a few ICC profiles but the colours look exactly the same, is this possible with laptop screens or is it just for monitors?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung monitor lc32 color profile for windows 10