Windows 10: Windows ICD 1703 no longer supports image customisation

Discus and support Windows ICD 1703 no longer supports image customisation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; One of the tools in the Windows 10 Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) is the Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer (Windows ICD). Up to now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidY, Mar 18, 2017.

1. DavidY Win User

Windows ICD 1703 no longer supports image customisation

One of the tools in the Windows 10 Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) is the Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer (Windows ICD).

Up to now, this has allowed users to customise a Windows image (.WIM) file by adding applications or settings, and also producing a USB installer which can clean-install that whole version of Windows 10 on a new device. It could also produce Full Flash Update (FFU) image format images (although I never got that to work, but I didn't try this with version 1607).

But it seems this functionality is being removed with Windows 1703 and the associated ADK. From:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/w...dware/dn898375
    I'm not sure what this part means for Provisioning Packages generated in previous versions or using Scanstate?
    :)

DavidY, Mar 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 V 1703 ICD

I am studying the 70-698 course using the Installing and Configuring Windows 10 book by Bettany and Warren. On page 88 there is a procedure to deploy a device driver using the ICD software. I have downloaded the ADK V 1703 which includes the ICD. In the
    procedure they say to use the 'New Provisioning Package'. However that option is not available in my ICD. Can anyone tell me why, and if there is a way to get it?

Thanks and regards

P

PeterChallis58, Mar 18, 2017
  3. Windows 10 V 1703 ICD

You should make your way to the TECHNET forums. Windows ICD 1703 no longer supports image customisation :) These are more geared towards home-type users, not system administrative type users.

Shenan Stanley, Mar 18, 2017
  4. joeyCoyle Win User

I would not have upgraded to Windows 10 1703 if I knew I was going to loose the ability to work with wim files. Does anyone have a workaround or another solution?

joeyCoyle, May 24, 2017
  5. DavidY Win User
    You can still work with .wim files using DISM as before. However you can't use the WICD tool to create a new windows installer from a customised .wim file.

DavidY, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows ICD 1703 no longer supports image customisation - Similar Threads - ICD 1703 longer

2. Windows ICD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ICD: HELP!!!I'm using Windows Configuration Designer to provision some software. So far I was able to install the following app on an OOBE system. 7zip, VLC, Java, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat DC and Office 365/2019VL.My goal is to be able to inject Regkeys to be able to have all User...
  3. Windows ICD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows ICD: HELP!!!I'm using Windows Configuration Designer to provision some software. So far I was able to install the following app on an OOBE system. 7zip, VLC, Java, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat DC and Office 365/2019VL.My goal is to be able to inject Regkeys to be able to have all User...
  4. driver for icd-p520

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver for icd-p520: Hi, I've a question: it's possible to find a driver for Windows 10 for this device: ICD-P520, a Sony recorder Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-icd-p520/5877b6c4-01d5-4a63-a40d-547d397540a2
  5. Customisation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customisation: I have been following these customisation threads for a few days now. This is what I've managed so far. [img] Only one thing bothering me now tho, I am using TranslucentTB for the see through taskbar but now any app shortcut I pin to it will not work. The default Windows...
  6. No longer supported in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    No longer supported in windows 10: Folder views. You used to be able to select large, medium and small icon/picture view and details. You could sort by date even. This is no longer supported or obvious. WHY? 114620
  7. Customising the Different Image Files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customising the Different Image Files on Windows 10: Hello Guys, I am trying to customise the various image files (bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, png, svg, tif and tiff) on Windows 10 and noticed the following: the bmp, gif, png, jpeg, jpg and svg files are all programmed to use the same icon. Changing the icon for one will...
  8. Windows ICD Hard Drive Partitioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows ICD Hard Drive Partitioning: I have created my Windows ICD Build that I am deploying and it works, but I have one thing I need to accomplish. I want to partition the Hard Drive into a O/S partition C: & Data Partition Z: My initial thought was to boot the target computer with a WindowPE flash Drive and...
  9. Working with ICD and Sysprep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Working with ICD and Sysprep: Trying to work on creating Windows 10 Image deployment without MDT. Ideally what I am thinking is that I use system Image manager to create an unattend.xml file for the main image. Then I am hoping i can use the ICD to apply Desktop Image customization package to update a...
  10. How to add applications in Windows ICD when creating an image?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add applications in Windows ICD when creating an image?: I've just started using Windows ICD, wanting to create an image for our company computers. I've configured the user accounts and added drivers and other custom settings but would like to see if I can also add in applications to get installed as well. I'm planning using the...