Windows 10: Windows Icon doesn’t work. Help

Discus and support Windows Icon doesn’t work. Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; About 2 months ago my windows icon (Windows button in the bottom left) stopped working and with that not working, my Windows Firewall stopped working,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SquidwardDied, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Windows Icon doesn’t work. Help

About 2 months ago my windows icon (Windows button in the bottom left) stopped working and with that not working, my Windows Firewall stopped working, applications don’t open, can’t connect to WiFi, etc. Any Solutions? (I tried fully resetting my PC twice and it never worked. Also tried removing previous updates, still no solution)

submitted by /u/SquidwardDied
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SquidwardDied, Aug 1, 2020

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Icon doesn’t work. Help

Windows Defender doesn’t work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to use Windows Defender on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Let us try a couple of troubleshooting steps and see if that helps.

Check Windows Defender service:

I suggest you to check if the Windows Defender service is running properly. To check this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type: services.msc and click
      OK
    3. Look for Windows Defender Antivirus service, and double click on it.
    4. Change the Startup type to
      Automatic
      from the drop down menu.
    5. Click on Start and click on
      OK (Twice).

If this doesn’t help, we can try using the System File Checker
    and see if that resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows Icon doesn’t work. Help

1. Windows Icon doesn’t work. Help - Similar Threads - Icon doesn’t Help

2. Search bar doesn’t work settings doesn’t work and windows tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar doesn’t work settings doesn’t work and windows tab: I’ve been having this issue for the last few days. When I turn on my pc everything is fine but my search bar doesn’t work and I can’t use my windows tab the thing that shows all the apps and same with settings I’ve tried restarting the tab bar and I’ve tried using cbm I think...
  3. Search bar doesn’t work settings doesn’t work and windows tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar doesn’t work settings doesn’t work and windows tab: I’ve been having this issue for the last few days. When I turn on my pc everything is fine but my search bar doesn’t work and I can’t use my windows tab the thing that shows all the apps and same with settings I’ve tried restarting the tab bar and I’ve tried using cbm I think...
  4. Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.: Yesterday night my computer stopped responding to any of my mouse clicks after working perfectly on a daily basis. The mouse move normally and the start menu opens, but other then that nothing happens - whenever i click on an app/settings icon it looks like it clicks but...
  5. Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.: Yesterday night my computer stopped responding to any of my mouse clicks after working perfectly on a daily basis. The mouse move normally and the start menu opens, but other then that nothing happens - whenever i click on an app/settings icon it looks like it clicks but...
  6. Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. HELP icons not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP icons not working: hi i took a screenshot with the windows button +shift+s after taking the screenshot the right bottom of the screen with a 1 sign it doesnt show the screenshot since then if i click battery icon it doesnt show the battery if i click sound icon it doesnt show sound i restarted...
  8. Windows Defender doesn’t work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender doesn’t work: I tried to restart my pc but it doesn't work I tried to restart the service but still not working even I tried the rageedit way [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] ***Modified title from: Help me Window defender doesn't work***...
  9. Windows doesn’t boot, SFC doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows doesn’t boot, SFC doesn’t work: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/therealoranges [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fl539h/windows_doesnt_boot_sfc_doesnt_work/
  10. help: WiFi doesn’t work from login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    help: WiFi doesn’t work from login screen: Have a weird issue where the device lost WiFi. I’ve uninstalled the driver. Updated it. I’ve done a clean install of the OS. I’ve changed the WiFi card. The issue persist. If I plug the Ethernet in I can login and then connect to the WiFi. I can unplug it and WiFi works. If...