Windows 10: Windows icon in task bar not working

Discus and support Windows icon in task bar not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10. Everything was fine last night. I turned my computer off. When I turned it on today, everything normally in my task bar was gone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SydneyZeilstra, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Windows icon in task bar not working

I am using Windows 10. Everything was fine last night. I turned my computer off. When I turned it on today, everything normally in my task bar was gone and i cant shut down using the Windows icon at the bottom left of my screen. Also cannot access programs.

:)

SydneyZeilstra, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

battery icon on task bar

Hi Pete,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Windows icon in task bar not working

Disappearing task bar icons

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask what are the updates that have been installed in your computer? Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

To view your update history, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings and then click
      Update & security.
    • Under Windows Update, click Advanced options.
    • Under ADVANCED OPTIONS, click View your update history.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows icon in task bar not working

1. Windows icon in task bar not working - Similar Threads - icon task bar

2. task bar volume icon not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    task bar volume icon not working: task bar volume icon not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-volume-icon-not-working/cc56ba2e-ba43-406b-95e5-acb9fc4b6ab6
  3. volume icon on task bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume icon on task bar not working: how can I turn the volume icon on the taskbar back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-on-task-bar-not-working/1365600e-edbb-4b25-ba0e-467f1926bc14
  4. Task bar icons not working.

Task bar icons not working.: Hello, I recently got my PC, I would say a month ago and since then none of the taskbar icons were able to work. The start/windows icon does work but the rest of my icons on the right could not open except the language icon. It works if I right click on them but now it's been...
  5. System icons on task bar not working

System icons on task bar not working: Hi there, I'm using the latest version of Windows, but nothing showed up when I clicked on the volume, network, power and action center bar icons The input indicator icon is working well. How to make them work? According to this link, here here what I have tried: Reset...
  6. task bar icons are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task bar icons are not working: When I am cliching on task bar Icons they are not showing any response. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons-are-not-working/d59312d0-add4-4b99-ac36-01f7ae2c82b2
  7. speaker ICON in task bar not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speaker ICON in task bar not working: The speaker ICON is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-in-task-bar-not-working/402a0443-bd61-4cf2-9222-2a89a9dc6aea
  8. windows icon on task bar doesn't work

windows icon on task bar doesn't work: windows icon on task bar doesn't work following latest windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-icon-on-task-bar-doesnt-work/860b4883-d7ff-4ddb-b5a9-37ad09d24f21
  9. Icons on task bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons on task bar not working: icons on my task bar at the bottom of the screen have suddenly stopped working. my main left hand icon, Microsoft edge icon, search icon etc, Help pleas...
  10. icons on the right of the task bar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    icons on the right of the task bar not working: hi, i have run into a small issue were the icons on the taskbar such as, wifi, battery, sound, and action center will not do anything when clicked, when i click the time it wont open the calendar, if i right click sound and battery i can open it that way but when i right...