Windows 10: Windows icon on the taskbar is not working

Discus and support Windows icon on the taskbar is not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; *Original Title* windows I cannot get a response from the windows icon on the taskbar. It will not allow me into settings, etc....on the far right,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MollyMcElroy, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Windows icon on the taskbar is not working

*Original Title* windows

I cannot get a response from the windows icon on the taskbar. It will not allow me into settings, etc....on the far right, is an orange icon I've not seen before, next to the wifi signal. it appears to be a picture of a monitor?

:)

MollyMcElroy, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 6, 2018
  3. NIGHTMARE icon in windows taskbar

Ok ... this is really an annoying thingy in Windows Vista that till today. My top wish list is to solve this !!! *Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

See attached pic ... for eg. open My Computer ... icon is of course as shown - the My Computer default Vista icon ... after you browse? *swoosh* kind of black magic ... it changes to that icon with the green arrow ... browsing back to My Computer it remains like that ... with the green arrow!!!

This happens to any and all folders ! ... When you load it ... it comes up with the default folder ... after exporing through folder it changes ... and remains like that.

For info : have tried a fresh installation of Vista to make sure that no bug got in. So must be some DAMN Vista settings

Thanks mates ... hope you enjoy this puzzle !

ragingspeed, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Windows icon on the taskbar is not working

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows icon on the taskbar is not working

1. Windows icon on the taskbar is not working - Similar Threads - icon taskbar working

2. Windows 11 taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar icons not working: When I upgraded to windows 11 the taskbar icons on the right like the audio and keyboard language or the clock are not working when I click on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-taskbar-icons-not-working/55c8233d-61d1-422f-9c64-e88512b7df2b
  3. Windows 11 taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar icons not working: When I upgraded to windows 11 the taskbar icons on the right like the audio and keyboard language or the clock are not working when I click on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-taskbar-icons-not-working/55c8233d-61d1-422f-9c64-e88512b7df2b
  4. Windows 11 taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar icons not working: I just installed Windows 11 from the insider build and most of the taskbar icons are not working, my pc is compatible with Windows 11 This still exists even after using the Windows 11 Installation Assistant for the installation Icons for apps work perfectly fine, but icons...
  5. Windows 11 taskbar icons not working

Windows 11 taskbar icons not working: I just installed Windows 11 from the insider build and most of the taskbar icons are not working, my pc is compatible with Windows 11 This still exists even after using the Windows 11 Installation Assistant for the installation Icons for apps work perfectly fine, but icons...
  6. Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar

Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar: Hey,I am unable to open any of the microsoft apps.Before few days I have done my windows update from then i am facing the problem where my task manager shows very high percentage of the disk usage.The service host keeps running all the time.I have been signed out of my...
  7. Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar: Hey,I am unable to open any of the microsoft apps.Before few days I have done my windows update from then i am facing the problem where my task manager shows very high percentage of the disk usage.The service host keeps running all the time.I have been signed out of my...
  8. Windows icon,settings icon,wifi icon not working on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows Taskbar icons or buttons not working

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Taskbar icons or buttons not working: [ATTACH]Windows Taskbar has evolved with time, and in Windows 10, it offers many features, […] This article Windows Taskbar icons or buttons not working first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar icons not working: After the v2004 windows update, almost none of the taskbar icons work. the sound, wifi, time&date and notification center are not opening upon clicking them. Going to Network & Internet -> Wi-Fi and clicking "Show available networks" is also muted, nothing happens and I...