Windows 10: Windows Icon, search bar, sound, prtsc and email - all not working?

Discus and support Windows Icon, search bar, sound, prtsc and email - all not working? in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi again, When I click on the bottom left-hand side on the windows icon, nothing happens, likewise when I click in the search box and type nothing... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Max Staniland, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Windows Icon, search bar, sound, prtsc and email - all not working?

Hi again, When I click on the bottom left-hand side on the windows icon, nothing happens, likewise when I click in the search box and type nothing happens. I have tried:- sfc scannow / came back with no errors- DISM online repair- Restarting file explorer through task manager and PowerShell- And then rebuild the Windows 10 indexWhat else is there left to try?Many thanks

:)

Max Staniland, Oct 4, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Oct 4, 2022
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 4, 2022
  4. Windows Icon, search bar, sound, prtsc and email - all not working?

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows Icon, search bar, sound, prtsc and email - all not working?

1. Windows Icon, search bar, sound, prtsc and email - all not working? - Similar Threads - Icon search bar

2. Windows Icon, search bar, sound, prtsc and email - all not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Icon, search bar, sound, prtsc and email - all not working?: Hi again, When I click on the bottom left-hand side on the windows icon, nothing happens, likewise when I click in the search box and type nothing happens. I have tried:- sfc scannow / came back with no errors- DISM online repair- Restarting file explorer through task manager...
  3. Windows Icon, search bar, sound, prtsc and email - all not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Icon, search bar, sound, prtsc and email - all not working?: Hi again, When I click on the bottom left-hand side on the windows icon, nothing happens, likewise when I click in the search box and type nothing happens. I have tried:- sfc scannow / came back with no errors- DISM online repair- Restarting file explorer through task manager...
  4. search bar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar icon: After the update there is an icon at the search bar which is not there before, how to delete the icon? anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-icon/a95f5e3f-1577-40ad-8def-e6544fd3d41a
  5. search bar icon

in Cortana
    search bar icon: After the update there is an icon at the search bar which is not there before, how to delete the icon? anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-icon/a95f5e3f-1577-40ad-8def-e6544fd3d41a
  6. search bar or windows icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search bar or windows icon: hello i got an issue whenever i click my windows search icon it immediately disappears or the windows icon in the bottom left is there a solution ? submitted by /u/E7sAs12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lpzr61/search_bar_or_windows_icon/
  7. All icons in the search bar are a windows default

in Windows 10 Customization
    All icons in the search bar are a windows default: All of my icons appear as like in the screenshot below. I think this may be in result of my Windows key being stuck earlier and me catching a hotkey, if anyone could let me know how to fix this I'd appreciate it! P.S: This is only in the search bar, not task bar. [ATTACH]...
  8. Search Bar not Working At All

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar not Working At All: I doubt many people will see this, but if a kind soul could help me out it would be incredible. As of today my Search Bar suddenly stopped working, and I've spent hours trying to fix it. I've tried every solution in the article linked below apart from reverting my OS Build...
  9. Search bar not working at all

in Cortana
    Search bar not working at all: for some reason my search bar in the bottom left doesn't work at all, nothing happens at all when I click on it. I have looked online but I can't find anyone else who can fix this. I have tried the troubleshooter, it said it fixed it but it didn't. I'm just not sure what to...
  10. PrtSc not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PrtSc not working.: So my PrtSc key was working all fine and then it stopped working. I tried using it with a combination of Alt and Fn key, but nothing happens. I have to use the Snipping tool but that takes a lot of time to load and save the snip. Please help me with this, Thanks in advance!...