Windows 10: Windows Icons are not responding to clicks

Discus and support Windows Icons are not responding to clicks in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Windows Icons are not responding to my clicks. I cannot do highlight them or do anything with them. Look at the image for reference. There are two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mr F Sajjad, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Windows Icons are not responding to clicks

My Windows Icons are not responding to my clicks. I cannot do highlight them or do anything with them. Look at the image for reference. There are two rubbish bins, one is an icon while the other seems like an icon but is just on the home screen like an image. I've restarted my computer, installed the latest update and have used task manager and windows PowerShell and both of them responded by saying that there are no corrupt files. So I would be pleased if someone quickly responds to my question on how to fix the icons i.e get rid of them I've also tried hiding the icons by right-clicking and going into view settings but the icon that actually works goes away, not the ones that don't respond. Thanks.Windows Icons are not responding to clicks [​IMG]

:)

Mr F Sajjad, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Desktop icons not responding on first click, opening other icons

Safe Mode = no problem with explorer.exe, very low cpu (still no desktop icons)

Will try to get to clean boot over the weekend.

User 2 (account you suggested I set up for test):
    - first click is responding on desktop icons (contrary to what I saw the other day)
    - explorer.exe (14.8%, 17.3%) and mailwasher (15.2%) running high cpu (screenshot)

Windows Icons are not responding to clicks [​IMG]

highstream, Aug 5, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

Windows Icons are not responding to clicks

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows Icons are not responding to clicks

1. Windows Icons are not responding to clicks - Similar Threads - Icons are responding

2. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  3. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  4. Not responding to clicking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not responding to clicking: Hi, I use an HP Pavilion running Windows 10 (OS build: 18363.1316). Today, after restarting it I noticed that clicking on certain thing in the taskbar wouldn't bring a response or open anything. For example, I cannot type anything into the search bar or press on the windows...
  5. Icon is not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon is not responding: Sir, I want to inform you that I am having a problem on my laptop. Any icon is not opening and only I have been able to refresh and even I have not been able to shut down my laptop. So, if you kindly help me to solve the problem I shall be very grateful to you....
  6. Windows not responding to clicks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not responding to clicks: Hello, I have a latest version of Windows 10 in my PC. Before some days everything was working perfectly fine. now, when I start the laptop it stops responding to the clicks. Sometimes Only taskbar works and sometimes taskbar doesn't work either. Also may times...
  7. windows icon not responding

windows icon not responding: windows icon not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-icon-not-responding/23deaa10-111d-4f1c-a49f-347a282fb861
  8. Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK

Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK: I tried every method on the Internet, none can fix the problem completely. I have two computers the same issues, I use the latest version Windows 10, I bet MS cannot resolve this stupid problem in 10 years....
  9. windows icon not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows icon not responding: why won't my windows icon respond when I click on it , both on screen or on keyboard? I have to turn it off by pressing the power button....
  10. Desktop icons not responding on first click, opening other icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not responding on first click, opening other icons: Win 10 Pro x64 1607, Classic Start desktop, setting=single-click open, system drive is fast SSD As detailed in another thread, I've had problems going from 1511 to 1607, but have settled in with the latter for the past week. To try to sort a couple of problems, I ran a...