Windows 10: Windows icons flickering and also bottom taskbar

Discus and support Windows icons flickering and also bottom taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Few months ago I noticed that from time to time my taskbar icons blink. It's like refreshing. This happens at random times, when I surf web or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KumarShanu, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Windows icons flickering and also bottom taskbar

Hello,

Few months ago I noticed that from time to time my taskbar icons blink. It's like refreshing. This happens at random times, when I surf web or browse files. It's just quickly blinks. Often during the blink there is also spinning mouse circle appears for a 1 second. This happens once in 5-10 minutes. Not much, but still, annoying and most important, very distracting when you see them blinking. This is the example of the blinking: https://i.stack.imgur.com/MiDti.gif As I said, blinking is not happening every second like in gif, but something like once in 5 minutes. There is also the same blink when you delete files or emptying recycle bin.

I did a fresh reinstall of Windows and drivers and the issue is still there.
    I tried my old video card (GTX 1070) to make sure it's not a video card issue - and the blinking is still there (current card is GTX 1080 Ti).
    Tried Safe Mode with networking and noticed blinking too.
    Tried many different settings I found on internet, but none worked.

Any ideas how to fix it? PC is working very well, it's just that taskbar icons blink every 5 minutes when you surf web, or files in pc... very distracting... I have several PCs with Windows 10, none have this blinking.
    I also noticed that during the blink Windows Explorer usage increases to 0,1-0,2%. There are no programs which uses lots of CPU. All usage is normal.

I already asked about this issue in maybe 10 forums, but no one knows anything about it.

:)

KumarShanu, Sep 21, 2018

2. Taskbar Icons Flickering

Hello,

The issue you're experiencing with the taskbar flickering on Windows 10 Enterprise might be due to a hardware misconfiguration or a sync issue with the server. That being said, we'll need additional information to properly address your concern. Please answer
    the following:

• Are you using a domain?
    • Is your PC connected to a Windows Server PC?

This information is essential in order to provide the correct troubleshooting steps or if we need to direct your query over to the IT Pro audience of the
    TechNet forums.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Taskbar Icons Flickering

taskbar icon flicker when empty Recycle Bin in windows 10 anniversary!! help me for solve this problem

pooya_friend, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Windows icons flickering and also bottom taskbar

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows icons flickering and also bottom taskbar

1. Windows icons flickering and also bottom taskbar - Similar Threads - icons flickering bottom

2. Top, bottom, and center taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Top, bottom, and center taskbar icons: The icons are located at the bottom of the taskbar. How to center the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-bottom-and-center-taskbar-icons/e518f69b-1fd9-4130-b663-4097df5dff91
  3. Top, bottom, and center taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Top, bottom, and center taskbar icons: The icons are located at the bottom of the taskbar. How to center the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-bottom-and-center-taskbar-icons/e518f69b-1fd9-4130-b663-4097df5dff91
  4. Windows 11 taskbar bottom right glitching/flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar bottom right glitching/flickering: HiPc Specs:Device name Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 14 AMDProcessor AMD Ryzen 5 5600U with Radeon Graphics 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 13.9 GB usable Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 OS build 22000.282 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.282.0...
  5. Windows 11 taskbar bottom right glitching/flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar bottom right glitching/flickering: HiPc Specs:Device name Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 14 AMDProcessor AMD Ryzen 5 5600U with Radeon Graphics 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 13.9 GB usable Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 OS build 22000.282 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.282.0...
  6. Bottom Area with Taskbar is Flickering Glitching and Hiding the Bottom Area on Asus X540YA...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bottom Area with Taskbar is Flickering Glitching and Hiding the Bottom Area on Asus X540YA...: Bottom Area with Taskbar is Flickering Glitching and Hiding the Bottom Area on Asus X540YA E1-600 Laptop. How can I Fix these issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bottom-area-with-taskbar-is-flickering-glitching/1a90ddec-b83d-4e9c-8567-cbe03ee3a16d
  7. Small 1px line flickering in the bottom of my taskbar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Small 1px line flickering in the bottom of my taskbar.: Hi, I am a laptop user and since yesterday I noticed that there's a line flickering after my Windows is loaded, which means the booting up screen does not have this issue.The issue appears at anywhere even, either when I'm gaming or not.I managed to temporarily solved the...
  8. Bottom of screen flickering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bottom of screen flickering: Hello! Just this morning, when I went to turn on my laptop for the day, I noticed two horizontal lines on my laptop screen flickering. I searched online how to fix this, and after fiddling with some stuff(updating drivers, loading safe mode and uninstalling display adapters...
  9. move icons closer to the taskbar on the bottom

in Windows 10 Support
    move icons closer to the taskbar on the bottom: Is there any way to move icons closer to the taskbar on the bottom? They seem to be hitting some invisible barrier near the bottom where they cant go any lower. 151535
  10. Taskbar Icons Flickering

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Flickering: Hello... *Smile I have problem after installing full build on 29.07. I was on preview builds from 10.06 till official release date and never before had same bug. So, when I delete folders or files from desktop or other palces my taskbar icons flicker. And they flickr only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar flickering bottom of screen

2. another taskbar flickering at bottom