Windows 10: Windows icons missing and all files pictures are showing as thumbnails

Discus and support Windows icons missing and all files pictures are showing as thumbnails in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; please excuse me from any errors im no computer wizard ! i noticed today that all my files pictures documents are all showing as thumbnails until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by icons missing, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Windows icons missing and all files pictures are showing as thumbnails

please excuse me from any errors im no computer wizard !

i noticed today that all my files pictures documents are all showing as thumbnails until selected then they open up as the picture or doc in a separate window.

whilst searcing around the internet for solutions iv also noticed that when i click my windows tab in bottom left corner the blue screen pops up but all the icons that were usually to teh right of this screen have also disapeared.

i have checked the boxs in the veiw section on the documents etc and it makes no difference

my son was using my laptop recently and im beginning to wonder if he has deleted something can anyone help please

:)

icons missing, Apr 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Icons and thumbnails not showing

Hi,

It is possible that icons and thumbnails are not showing due to corruptions. To assist you better, we'd like to ask if what troubleshooting steps have you done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and will provide you a remedy.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Windows icons missing and all files pictures are showing as thumbnails

Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows icons missing and all files pictures are showing as thumbnails

1. Windows icons missing and all files pictures are showing as thumbnails - Similar Threads - icons missing files

2. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  3. Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps missing icon only showing thumbnail: Hi everyone I just noticed that a lot of my windows default apps are missing there icon, settings, calc, store. They all launch just in the search bar there missing there icon any advice...
  4. thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file: Hi peeps, please can you tell me if there is a way to save the actual picture in the file/folder, NOT the date and number or the description a thumbnail of each picture? I need to be able to see them all, so I just click on the picture to quickly file them or attach them.I...
  5. thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file: Hi peeps, please can you tell me if there is a way to save the actual picture in the file/folder, NOT the date and number or the description a thumbnail of each picture? I need to be able to see them all, so I just click on the picture to quickly file them or attach them.I...
  6. pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?: Since I installed windows 11 my pictures will not show as thumbnails only as icons. How do I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-only-show-as-icons-and-not/ef0a406c-e934-456d-9b55-49d7b3473136
  7. pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?: Since I installed windows 11 my pictures will not show as thumbnails only as icons. How do I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-only-show-as-icons-and-not/ef0a406c-e934-456d-9b55-49d7b3473136
  8. Picture Thumbnails Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture Thumbnails Not Showing: so recently i did a soft reset where i keep apps and files and now it wont show any of my thumbnail previews for pictures, i tried the 4 methods from here:4 Methods to Fix Picture Thumbnails Not Showing on Windows 10 minitool.com and also i see a red x next to most of my...
  9. Picture icon no thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture icon no thumbnails: I am having issues trying to show my thumbnails instead of icons , I have tried every single troubleshoot I could find with no luck , I have a few showing but not alot of them are , can someone please help , Its getting real ridiculous and upsetting...
  10. Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer: Hi, I installed a Preview program for 3D files and now for some reason JPEGs aren't showing a preview. I installed SageThumbs, didn't work. Changed the thumbnail options in Folders, didn't work! How can I reset the image previews for files? Or at the very least JPEGs?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue thumbnail instead of photo

2. how to show photos rather than filenames

3. how can i see photos rather than files