Windows 10: Windows identifies hardware better

Discus and support Windows identifies hardware better in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just an observation, replies not necessary. I have resurrected a Dell Inspiron N5010 from a few years ago, originally had Win7 on it. Going through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Berton, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Berton Win User

Windows identifies hardware better

Just an observation, replies not necessary. I have resurrected a Dell Inspiron N5010 from a few years ago, originally had Win7 on it. Going through Device Manager I see the Keyboard has been identified as from Lenovo. It works fine so no problem, just a curiosity as it never showed a brand name in Win7.
    Attachment 37750

:)

Berton, Sep 15, 2015
  2. Ralf_G Win User

Laptop hangs after upgrading to Windows 10

Seems like it could be missing one or more hardware drivers. The startup delay would be the length of the timeout period till Windows finally gives up looking and continues with the rest of the boot cycle. Look for non working and Unknown devices in Device
    Manager.

The laptop requires Windows 10 compatible chipset and other hardware drivers from the laptop manufacturer. Chipset drivers allow Windows to better identify motherboard components and find appropriate drivers for them. If the manufacturer doesn't offer them
    (ie. they don't support Win10 on that machine) you'll need to identify the chipset and other motherboard/hardware components in the laptop yourself and search online at the various component manufacturers for Windows 10 drivers for their hardware.

Ralf_G, Sep 15, 2015
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Dell Inspiron 7537 internal microphone not working

Hi,

To better assist you, you can try using Skype or record your voice. By this, we can identify if it's a software or hardware concern.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 15, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Better set of drivers in W10.

CountMike, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows identifies hardware better - Similar Threads - identifies hardware better

2. Is there way to Identify which hardware causes Hardware Error under Reliability History?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there way to Identify which hardware causes Hardware Error under Reliability History?: Hello.I finally eliminate the BSOD issue I've been experiencing for weeks but I keep noticing this error under Reliability History from the Security and Maintenance page. No more BSOD but I'm still not sure if my pc is finally fixed.I'm not sure which causes it but is there a...
  3. Wrongly identified Hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrongly identified Hardware: High everybodyI face a strange situation.I've been given a printer ricoh sp112. It's a simple laser printer.When I plug it in my laptop win11, its seen as a sp110 su. this one is from the same family, but with a scanner.So driver installation according Ricoh we site and...
  4. Wrongly identified Hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrongly identified Hardware: High everybodyI face a strange situation.I've been given a printer ricoh sp112. It's a simple laser printer.When I plug it in my laptop win11, its seen as a sp110 su. this one is from the same family, but with a scanner.So driver installation according Ricoh we site and...
  5. Hardware crash trying to identify culprit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware crash trying to identify culprit: Hi,I have recently been experienceing a lot of random hardware failures crashing my PC and im wondering if anyone can help me with identifying the culprit. ___________Crash 1______________SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎24/‎03/‎2022 9:48 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionA...
  6. Hardware crash trying to identify culprit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware crash trying to identify culprit: Hi,I have recently been experienceing a lot of random hardware failures crashing my PC and im wondering if anyone can help me with identifying the culprit. ___________Crash 1______________SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎24/‎03/‎2022 9:48 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionA...
  7. Identify hardware error.

Identify hardware error.: Hi I have been getting this error its drivng me mad, how can i figure out which hardware is causing it? Its happened a few times this week. I have updated my graphics card drivers. and checked that my mother board drivers, bios etc is uptodate. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  8. Identifying BSoD and potential hardware issues

Identifying BSoD and potential hardware issues: While performing tasks on my laptop, I encountered a BSoD, but I wasn't able to see the error on-screen since I have auto-restart turned on. I didn't check the dump file immediately since I did not know of this yet, so when my laptop restarted I did a system diagnostic check...
  9. How to identify what hardware is causing a hardware error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to identify what hardware is causing a hardware error: Hello, I have this PC which will freeze every now and then and maybe not boot correctly and have to reboot. This is a brand new PC, it has about a month. I just installed Windows 10 1909 18363.836. Three days ago. This has happened for a while, that's why I did a fresh...
  10. How to identify what hardware is causing a hardware error

How to identify what hardware is causing a hardware error: Hello, I have this PC which will freeze every now and then and maybe not boot correctly and have to reboot. This is a brand new PC, it has about a month. I just installed Windows 10 1909. Three days ago. This has happened for a while, that's why I did a fresh...