Windows 10: Windows ignores the time set in power plan options to turn off my monitors

Discus and support Windows ignores the time set in power plan options to turn off my monitors in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I set the time to turn off my monitors to 10min in windows power plan options and it doesn’t work. Also tried setting the power button to turn off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spainox, May 24, 2020.

1. Windows ignores the time set in power plan options to turn off my monitors

I set the time to turn off my monitors to 10min in windows power plan options and it doesn’t work. Also tried setting the power button to turn off the monitors but in vain, when I press the power button after setting it to turn off my monitors, the monitors go black for a second than go back as if I woke windows up. Thanks

submitted by /u/spainox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spainox, May 24, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, May 24, 2020
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Power option settings being ignored

Hi David,

To fixyour concern,
    let us do the following methods:

Method 1:
    Run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: We
    suggest that you
    restore the power plan to default and check if it works.

• Right click on Start button and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on
      Power Options.
    • Click on
      choose when to turn off displayfrom the left pane.
    • Click on
      Restore default settings for this plan.

Let us see how it goes.

Anne Fuj, May 24, 2020
  4. Guru-# Win User

Windows ignores the time set in power plan options to turn off my monitors

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

As per the below suggested steps I am trying to disable the USB in USB selective suspend setting in my Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home. however, I do not find the USB Settings at all in two modes Balanced mode or Dell (Active) mode under change advanced
    power settings. How to restore it?

USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + X.
    2. Choose Power Options.
    3. Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    4. Open Change advanced power settings.
    5. Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    6. Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    7. Click Apply, then OK.

Guru-#, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows ignores the time set in power plan options to turn off my monitors

1. Windows ignores the time set in power plan options to turn off my monitors - Similar Threads - ignores set power

2. Monitor turns on immediately after power plan and can not keep being turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns on immediately after power plan and can not keep being turned off: I have pc running on windows 11 but the problem is not related to windows 11, because since the first day I assembled the pc, the problem have been existed. The details are as following: 1. The display is set to turn off after 2 minutes in power plan balanced mode and system...
  3. Monitor turns on immediately after power plan and can not keep being turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns on immediately after power plan and can not keep being turned off: I have pc running on windows 11 but the problem is not related to windows 11, because since the first day I assembled the pc, the problem have been existed. The details are as following: 1. The display is set to turn off after 2 minutes in power plan balanced mode and system...
  4. Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find "Turn off display" button at power plan options.: Hey, I just own a new PC, and i cannot found the button of "Turn off Display"... I've read from here that I can go to here: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Power" and edit the "CsEnabled" registry, but there is no "CsEnabled" registry there. What...
  5. power settings ignored

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power settings ignored: Windows 10 is ignoring power settings and locks screen after 1 minute, troubleshooting power settings did not help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-settings-ignored/3933bc6a-c203-4728-bffa-3b8b57dbc455
  6. Power Option Changes Ignored?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Option Changes Ignored?: Hi! For a long while I've had a problem with Power Options being ignored. I want the Power Plan on High Performance, but I don't want my processor running at 100% all of the time. If I set Balanced, my processor will happily clock down to 800MHz when idle as expected If I...
  7. No sound through monitor speakers after monitor turns off by power plan setting

No sound through monitor speakers after monitor turns off by power plan setting: I had a one monitor setup with power plan setting to turn off monitor after 5 mins of inactivity. The monitor is a Iiyama G-Master Silver Crow GB2730QSU-B1 connected to my GPU via Display port. The sound would be going on to the monitor speakers via DP. GPU is a MSI Geforce...
  8. Monitors will not turn off per power settings

Monitors will not turn off per power settings: My monitors do not enter power save, per my power settings. I've run troubleshooter, reset to default, changed settings, updated drivers, checked reliability monitor, unplugged all usb device, issue persists. Can anyone help with this?...
  9. Power Options Plan

Power Options Plan: Hi Guys, usually we all have balanced power plan. But what if I choose high Performance and than go in advance setting then I set all values as balanced. What will happen and how will that power plan will effect? I am asking in balanced I feel my pc sluggish. but in high...
  10. Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop display won't turn off after set time in power options: I have my laptop display set to turn off after 15 minutes when it's plugged in, but it never does. I've tried changing the time & it still never turns off. Is there an application that could causing this? Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Oh & I'm running Windows 10. 25634