Windows 10: Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; WIA is using up to 17% of my CPU usage and it gets stuck doing so and therefore my HP laptop fan never turns off. I've stopped the process using task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sharon PTPA, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10

WIA is using up to 17% of my CPU usage and it gets stuck doing so and therefore my HP laptop fan never turns off. I've stopped the process using task manager but then it eventually starts running again. Also, obviously when I stop it , I can no longer use my Epson es-400ii scanner.Help please.

:)

Sharon PTPA, Nov 25, 2021
  2. lx07 Win User

Windows Image Acquisition process - high CPU usage

I have this service running on a clean install of Windows 10 - it is set to automatic.

Do you have a scanner or external camera you want to plug in? If not as a workaround you could stop it and set it to manual in services.msc. I just tested it and my built in webcam still works with it stopped.

Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. mibaup Win User
    Windows Image Acquisition process - high CPU usage

Hello,
    from some reason, a process called "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), which I've never seen before is running and using about 30% CPU.
    I read in MSDN that "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) is the still image acquisition platform in the Windows family of operating systems starting with Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me) and Windows XP."

Does that mean that from some reason my laptop's camera is running now? Maybe my laptop was hacked?

Thanks!

mibaup, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10

Rundll32 multiple instances high gpu useage

Subject should read high CPU useage

DevinSexton, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10

1. Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Image Acquisition High

2. Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10: WIA is using up to 17% of my CPU usage and it gets stuck doing so and therefore my HP laptop fan never turns off. I've stopped the process using task manager but then it eventually starts running again. Also, obviously when I stop it , I can no longer use my Epson es-400ii...
  3. Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Image Acquisition High CPU useage - Windows 10: WIA is using up to 17% of my CPU usage and it gets stuck doing so and therefore my HP laptop fan never turns off. I've stopped the process using task manager but then it eventually starts running again. Also, obviously when I stop it , I can no longer use my Epson es-400ii...
  4. Keyboard freezing in high cpu useage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard freezing in high cpu useage: I have experiencing keyboard lags in 90% cpu useage which causes my keyboard to stop for a while and only keys like esc works. My keyboard have no problems because it runs on my secon pc well. I have installed latest drivers also checked the power management settings for...
  5. CPU useage unexplained high

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU useage unexplained high: Yesterday updated system via Windows update , just normal security monthly , and cumulative updates , and today turned system on . Task manager has unexpectedly showing cpu useage at very high levels 100%. Normally CPU usage at 5% with No more than normal programs opened ....
  6. Windows Audio Device graph Isolation - High CPU Useage Tip

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Device graph Isolation - High CPU Useage Tip: I've been wondering for a while why there is a CPU load c. 8% for the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation process. I fixed this by turning off let PC respond to Hey Cortana which I rarely use - the CPU load then reduced to 0% 157328
  7. Windows Image Acquisition not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Image Acquisition not working: Windows Image Acquisition is always having trouble working. It keeps on stopping, and stopping, and filling my reliability monitor. Is there anyway I can fix this? Here is an image of it not working: [ATTACH] -WarriorYT...
  8. cpu useage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cpu useage: Ever since the December upgrade my CPU useage has always been near or at 100% with memory useage of 4K at 80% or higher. I am running Chrome and avast. I tried uninstalling avast but it stays in the tray and runs and shows up but can not uninstall. I get avast antivirus...
  9. Windows Image Acquisition High CPU and Disk usage

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Image Acquisition High CPU and Disk usage: [ATTACH] Windows Image Acquisition is the driver model which is responsible for communication between the system and graphics hardware. At times it causes high Disk & CPU usage in Windows 10 systems, thereby slowing it down. This post will help you [...] This post Windows...
  10. Windows Image Acquisition process - high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Image Acquisition process - high CPU usage: Hello, from some reason, a process called "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), which I've never seen before is running and using about 30% CPU. I read in MSDN that "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) is the still image acquisition platform in the Windows family of operating...